Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,746 Likes on 4,292 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguiler
Your tags are funny.

I like the PORSCHE on the back and considering it - thanks for the link -
Thanks.

It all started with this one that has a crest on the rear engine grill but not on the back of the car - does have the PORSCHE reflector though.

The silver 997 was next and sweeter than the 914, then the wife's pink one to keep her out of my silver one, then the 928 (which is supercharged, so supersweet), then the TT widebody Cayenne, which she wanted to be the sweetest. The RUF 997 is actually the sweetest one and I keep threatening that I'm going to move all the tags around, but won't actually as the DMV I'm sure will royally mess that up.

I have a 2001 GMC Sierra C3 truck and am going to get UNSWEET for that one to round out the set.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:29 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Just realized jaguiler's comment wasn't directed to me - oops.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:33 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AMGM5S8
I originally had the carrera script. Then removed as I wanted a clean look but then felt it looked odd without. I wanted to update to newer models with Porsche logo. Thought the spacing was not wide enough like newer models. Now I have the 911 script.

Those are some wide front flares. Are you going to push out the front wheels so the stance is similar to the fender to tire relationship at the rear?
Old 07-12-2019, 10:35 AM
jaguiler
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Petza914
Just realized jaguiler's comment wasn't directed to me - oops.

that's ok - I like the tags explanation -
Old 07-12-2019, 10:42 AM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 141 Posts

I like the crest and am considering using Jim at Carrera East to do a custom one for the hood.

The factory one (will save it) kind of clashes -

The choices I am considering are

Nickle with partial Mexico Blue (top) or Nickle with 100% Mexico Blue (bottom)

I am leaning towards the 100% and was Jim's opinion also

Old 07-12-2019, 12:30 PM
rwdds
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 38 Posts

I like adding black elements to the Meteor Grey body color, but went with a red plastidip color change for the original badging. I'm considering redoing it in black for a year to see how that goes...
Old 07-12-2019, 02:04 PM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Received 756 Likes on 409 Posts

When I was first looking for my 997S, I saw this pic below of a car nearby me that was for sale. One look at that, and I was like, NO! It’s trying too hard to look like the newer model...either that or a ricer with Christmas lights.

The following users liked this post:
Magnus Rostadmo (07-21-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 02:19 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 392 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by boxtaboy
When I was first looking for my 997S, I saw this pic below of a car nearby me that was for sale. One look at that, and I was like, NO! It’s trying too hard to look like the newer model...either that or a ricer with Christmas lights.

Agree. But I think with regular or all red tails, no Carrera S and leaving the PORSCHE would look good.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:41 PM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kellen
Agree. But I think with regular or all red tails, no Carrera S and leaving the PORSCHE would look good.
True, but my guess is that most people who have the S model would want to keep the reference to it being the S, and that folks who have the base Carrera would be more likely to remove the Carrera badge and replace with just PORSCHE lettering, and perhaps so far as people that want to emphasize that their car is an S put the red S on. Lol. Now before people go all apecrap on me, I know this is a generalization, and that some people just like to change things up and really believe it looks better. Sometimes it does. I just like the badging stock on my car cause I think it looks fine as is.

Agree the rear lights gotta go too though, and either stock or all red tails would be better.
Old 07-12-2019, 03:12 PM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rwdds
I like adding black elements to the Meteor Grey body color, but went with a red plastidip color change for the original badging. I'm considering redoing it in black for a year to see how that goes...
I think black Carrera S lettering would go better with your blackout look. The bumperettes...are they a darker shade of grey than the rest of the car? They stand out.
Magnus Rostadmo (07-21-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 03:19 PM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 141 Posts

My car was originally optioned with 498 "Deletion of Model Designation". When I first got the car, I found out that the 2nd owner had put one on.

I wondered if I should remove the Turbo S to bring the car back to original and to be more discrete.

The irony and stupidity of that thought really should prevent someone like me from ever coming near a Porsche yet alone driving one.

Someone had an article deadline and decided to write about blue colored Porsche's - I hope this isn't really the way everyone thinks.

Old 07-12-2019, 04:16 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by boxtaboy

That red S also isn't placed correctly - it's too high and not indexed clockwise enough

Originally Posted by rwdds
and I may be wrong, but think this one is too far to the right. The starting tail of the S is supposed to be under the "a" a bit so Carrera ends up centered relative to the S where the S is a little above and a little below the Carrera.

I didn't get the S on my wife's car quite right either though - think it should have been indexed a little more clockwise, so nobody's perfect. Se la vie.

Jeff, I think a combination of mexico blue and nickel will look great on your car, but think that's better than all blue. Also, there's a guy (user intrepidagent) that does custom crests and he offers a filled crest option that makes the whole top surface smooth which is really nice. I had a pair of these done in the polished nickel in Black & White for my Cayenne, but my wife won't let me put them on since she says the Porsche crest is supposed to be gold, but they look like this. Someday I'll install them when the Cayenne is just another one of our cars and she stops caring about it.

On my RUF car, I had a custom RUF crest done where the checkered flag sections are filled and one color is Silver - same as the car and the other RUF's company green color, so picking up the color of the car in the crest makes it look really sharp IMO

MexicoBlueTurboS (07-12-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 04:18 PM
php
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't know if I'm the minority, but I very much dislike the "Porsche" letters on the back, like what the new models have in the back. Too snobby and trying too hard in my opinion. That's actually the first thing I'll be doing when I get a newer model - delete the "Porsche" letters and only keep model letters.

Putting 911 on the back is pretty cool though.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:50 PM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by php
I don't know if I'm the minority, but I very much dislike the "Porsche" letters on the back, like what the new models have in the back. Too snobby and trying too hard in my opinion. That's actually the first thing I'll be doing when I get a newer model - delete the "Porsche" letters and only keep model letters.

Putting 911 on the back is pretty cool though.
I kinda agree. It’s almost like showing off. It’s not like you can’t tell it’s a Porsche when you pull up to it. I think just having the model type (Boxster, Cayman, Carrera, etc) on the back would be fine. And then when I see the Porsche lettering on a Macan or Cayenne, I think wait??...it’s a nice SUV, but a proper Porsche should be a sports car, not a tall station wagon!

What do I know though?...I was guilty myself of putting the Porsche lettering on my Boxster when I had it. Not gonna do this again on my Carrera.

Quick Reply: Rear Emblem