Advice needed 2007 v 2008

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 04:50 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,037 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceter
Sounds nice. Be sure to post pics.

BTW, Beverly Hills Porsche has an absolutely awful reputation. Question everything they claim to have serviced and you may want to avoid dealing with them now that you own the car.

Do a search if you want specific examples of their shenanigans.

No s**t. : https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-poor-car.html
Old 07-03-2020, 09:54 PM
ThomasCarreraGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 160 Posts

I wouldn’t be afraid of high mileage- these cars can and do go forever. But, that is because they are considered special and people are willing to spend large amounts of money maintaining and replacing parts as required. Which brings up the question of why this one? It may cost the same - or less, to purchase a much lower mileage example that will cost you far less to keep over the next 5 years. So, if this particular car speaks to you, then by all means, don’t be afraid to go for it. Is something about this particular car rare or very special? Is it the exact, hard to find model you’ve been dreaming of? Then great, you’ve found it! And being one owner is wonderful. But if the motivation is to save a significant amount of money versus buying a lower mileage 911, that may not be the case.

Old 07-03-2020, 10:31 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
That is 7 years old . . . I am sure their techs know how to properly service a car.
Old 07-04-2020, 01:35 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,037 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H
That is 7 years old . . . I am sure their techs know how to properly service a car.

Yes, the post that started it all is 7 years old but even then it didn't have the first thing to do with how their techs service that dealership's cars. Nor did the 52 page or whatever discussion that followed have anything to do with the performance of their techs. It was all about how the car in question was grossly misrepresented by the dealership's sales department.

Main thing being the sales department's decision to put the CPO label on a car having no business wearing that label. "Poor wholesale condition" was the opinion of a body shop the buyer of the car sought the opinion of as I recall it.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:26 AM
KLS
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

I live in Oregon and bought mine sight unseen in California and everything worked out great, but I wouldn’t do it again. I had it shipped and the driver tried to collect fees from me after the dealer had already paid, which I’ve since heard is a fairly common scam. I also learned that if you have a VIN you can get a temporary permit to drive it home, which the dealer didn’t think could happen. I bought mine from Santa Barbara and from everything I’ve read I would not buy a car from Beverly Hills Porsche.

Quick Reply: Advice needed 2007 v 2008