Sponsored by:

Anyone has 997 H&R Springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 11:32 PM
pilfer
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by blakecam
Yes, fortunate that a fellow GTS owner in this forum (MJTSUB) had these on his car and listed for sale after changing to a set of HRE wheels. Perfect timing as I had been looking for a set of GT3/GT3RS. MJTSUB has ended up being a great friend and a wealth of knowledge, and I have taken a lot of his advice. Nice to be able to tap into the wealth of knowledge of Rennlist members.
every time I walk by my car all I think and see is the weak 305 rear tires lol. I'll just have to do some spirited driving to wear them out faster...
Old 04-05-2019, 12:16 PM
Saltybrad
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Aclmin
I'm sure it's been discussed in other threads, but for those of you with H&R and DSC - does the DSC mitigate the purported worsening of ride quality of the springs?
No I have the DSC on a 997.2. It improved the ride quality so much with stock springs I thought I could get away with putting Eibachs in my wife's daily driver. Not so. She was very unhappy about the ride.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:57 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,037 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by pilfer
every time I walk by my car all I think and see is the weak 305 rear tires lol. I'll just have to do some spirited driving to wear them out faster...
What are you getting instead? 325's? My GTS had 325's when I bought it and I didn't like them. The diameter (top to bottom) was almost a full inch wider compared to the 305's and it just looked odd. The tires looked fat compared to the fronts and to a really critical eye the stance of the car looked a little off too. This was almost 5 years ago though and I've seen 325's with close to the same diameter as 305's now.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:21 AM
pilfer
Racer

Originally Posted by sandwedge
What are you getting instead? 325's? My GTS had 325's when I bought it and I didn't like them. The diameter (top to bottom) was almost a full inch wider compared to the 305's and it just looked odd. The tires looked fat compared to the fronts and to a really critical eye the stance of the car looked a little off too. This was almost 5 years ago though and I've seen 325's with close to the same diameter as 305's now.
325/30 19’s. Same as the guy with the silver GTS.
Old 04-06-2019, 02:22 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by pilfer
325/30 19’s. Same as the guy with the silver GTS.
All good then. That's what I'll get too if I end up keeping my current GTS.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:20 PM
Aclmin
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by blakecam
"Purported" being the key word here. I haven't noticed any difference in ride quality, so not sure how much difference a DSC controller would make for this purpose.
Originally Posted by holgum
I added DSC after putting on the Techart and the difference was not subtle. Much more comfortable in normal mode without being as bouncy, and firmer but still comfortable in sport mode while tightening up quickly when you would expect. I have to believe it would do the same with H&R. But if you’re scraping, it won’t do anything about that.
I just talked to a guy here in Houston who swapped out his H&R for Eibach because the ride quality was terrible. Houston roads are total garbage, but he did have a car without PASM. So I'm in two minds again, does PASM (and potentially DCS) make up for the 'harshness' of the H&R springs?
Otherwise I'm left going coilovers - Tractive look the the answer but I really don'y want to spend $7k when I don't track it, and barely drive it.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:32 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 82 Posts

I dont know where you get this "harshness" re H&R springs. There are a few that have complained about this but there are many people who say that the ride quality is the same or better than stock, me included
Old 04-07-2019, 02:10 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by vern1
I dont know where you get this "harshness" re H&R springs. There are a few that have complained about this but there are many people who say that the ride quality is the same or better than stock, me included
Include me. Same or better than stock. Never understood all the talk about "harsh ride" or some who go as far as "unbearable".
Old 04-07-2019, 02:03 PM
vern1
Drifting

Those few who find it unbearable are pretty funny. They belong in a Caddy
Old 04-07-2019, 02:19 PM
pilfer
Racer

Originally Posted by vern1
Those few who find it unbearable are pretty funny. They belong in a Caddy
i had them on my Audi S4 and they were terrible. Eibach springs on my GTS feel the same as factory. I just think Porsche has a better suspension and chassis obviously, so it can deal with stiffer springs. the Audi was not pleasant to drive after a few months.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:25 PM
vern1
Drifting

Sorry but doesnt prove much. Did you try Eibachs on the Audi to see if it made any difference? It may be that the audi just doesnt work well with H&R or Eibach/Techart or any non-oem spring

Or did you try H&R on the Porsche to see what they did? Maybe you would have found them better than the Eibachs. Without a comparison i dont know how you can draw any conclusions from this
Old 04-07-2019, 08:23 PM
blakecam
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Aclmin
I just talked to a guy here in Houston who swapped out his H&R for Eibach because the ride quality was terrible. Houston roads are total garbage, but he did have a car without PASM. So I'm in two minds again, does PASM (and potentially DCS) make up for the 'harshness' of the H&R springs?
Otherwise I'm left going coilovers - Tractive look the the answer but I really don'y want to spend $7k when I don't track it, and barely drive it.
I can tell you this much: the ride quality of PASM and non-PASM vehicles is definitely noticeable. A base 997.2 without PASM, feels like a completely different vehicle than my GTS where ride quality is concerned (IMHO). PASM electronically mitigates the harshness and continuously adjusts in real time. It is very noticeable when driving a PASM and non-PASM vehicle back to back.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:26 AM
MaximumA
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've got H&Rs, PASM and the TPC Racing DSC controller. The ride and handling is excellent, a great combination of comfort and control.

You just need some spacers for stock rims, or rims with less offset to have the car sitting right.

Quick Reply: Anyone has 997 H&R Springs