Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Reminder and DME report scanner 997.1

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2019 | 12:08 PM
kisik
Rennlist Member

Default Service Reminder and DME report scanner 997.1

Can anyone confirm which scanner I can use for Service Reminder and DME report over-revs in 997.1 ? (except Durametrics of cause).
Foxwell, iCarsoft...
If the answer is NO, then what is the cheapest and reliable oil reset tool?
Old 04-01-2019 | 12:21 PM
rob0001
Instructor

Cannot help you on which scanner but cheapest way is tell were you live and ask on this forum if anyone with a durametric pro or piws is living nearby and offer a beer in exchange!
Old 04-02-2019 | 02:58 PM
rileyracing1
Three Wheelin'

I have the Foxwell NT520 and it works very well on my 997.1 ... So far I have reset the service reminder and turned off the seat belt chime , Checked over rev's and live engine data as well as run time and codes and lent it to a bunch of my friends for their 911's and they were quite impressed with it's ability.

I went with the Foxwell because it is equivalent to the Durametric Pro at a quarter of the price. If you are keeping the car don't cheap out just buy one worth the lousy 200 bucks.
Old 04-07-2019 | 12:06 PM
cnachris
Intermediate

I just recently purchased a Foxwell 520 Pro for my 997.2 directly from Foxwell with the latest Porsche software preloaded. Impressive tool for sure. Lots of capability and feedback available and decent amount of customer specific coding. However, I have not yet been able to reset the oil service reminder or use it to activate the ABS pump on my 2010 997.2 car. The two things I absolutely needed it to do and Foxwell directly confirmed it would do pre-purcahse by email.

Perhaps I am in the wrong menus but I looked at everything. I just emailed the tech at Foxwell I communicated with before purchasing the unit directly. Perhaps he can lend some guidance. I could just be using the tool incorrectly or be in the wrong menu. Hopefully that is the case because otherwise it is an impressive unit.
Old 04-07-2019 | 01:22 PM
TypeRx
Racer

I had trouble resetting my service light using the Foxwell NT520 (997.1TT) but was able to do it with the durametric enthusiast pretty simply. Both read over-revs no problem in the DME module.

I have found the NT520 has a very convoluted menu system and you really need to play with different combinations/permutations before you find the right screen to allow you to read or modify certain things. When I got the NT520 I was assuming I would be able to resell the durametric enthusiast. Unfortunately, I think I need to hang on to both for now....
Old 04-07-2019 | 01:48 PM
rileyracing1
Three Wheelin'

Not sure what the issue is with the 520 resetting the service minder for me was a breeze ... if you do a quick search online there are some threads that explain how to do it as I do not remember exactly what submenu I went into to do it.

I know doing this on a 997.2 awhile back was not an option .... not sure currently due to software updates if this would still be the case ... There is a listing here and on the Foxwell site explaining what can be done depending on the specific model and gen you have.

I would compare the Foxwell closer to a Durametric Pro than to a enthusiast version for sure especially for my 997.1 as it is extremely friendly with a .1 when compare to a 997.2 to which it has more limitations.
Old 04-07-2019 | 08:17 PM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

+1 foxwell NT520 Pro and I have the ICarsoft Por II as well. The Foxwell has more features and allows you to read your DME report and do some testing and programming, which the ICarsoft Por II does not have. Oil service menu will require you to enter a new date in order to take properly. There are plenty of youtube vids showing people do it like this one.

Old 04-08-2019 | 10:11 AM
cnachris
Intermediate

Thanks, I found the same video last night as well. Great video. I will try it for the ABS pump via the menu options in the video. Don't think I tried it that way exactly. I can get the DME report without issue. However, no joy at all resetting the oil service light on 997.2 car. Will report back on the ABS function shortly.

Quick Reply: Service Reminder and DME report scanner 997.1