Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Formal Introduction - My New 997

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 01:25 PM
mujeriega
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

Congrats on the new car. I disagree with the cup holder hate... as long as you're not pushing your car to the limit on twisty roads, they are perfectly fine for most road trips. If you're planning on doing an autocross, even the new cup holders aren't going to be of any use.

The question I have is, when will the mods start OR will this be an all OEM car?
Old 03-20-2019, 06:19 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,730 Likes on 4,282 Posts

Glad the drive home went smoothly and you're happy with the car.

I use my cupholders all the time - if it breaks, I'll buy a new one, like anything else on the car. The Porsche stainless cups fit into them perfectly with a closeable lid too, as an FYI.

Also, it's Lobster Fork, like the little fork they give you in the restaurant to pull the tiny bits out of the shell - named as such because of the 2 skinny "fork" like prongs at the spoke to barrel connection points.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:55 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,980 Likes on 2,950 Posts

Also, if you decide to lower the car, H&R springs are a great choice. Drops car about 1" and still allows you to use the PASM functions on dash.
Here's my 2007 997C4S Meteor Grey/Lobster forks w/H7R springs - Function 1st short shift kit also highly recommended!

Old 03-20-2019, 10:02 PM
JoshGordon
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Great post! Love all the road trip snacks. Glad you found "the one."
Old 03-21-2019, 03:44 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

Congratulations! Meteor is a very nice color, amidst the anthracites!

Now go drive it! You will soon find that the folks herein are much more up to date on things 997 than any dealership.
Old 03-21-2019, 03:53 PM
G.I.G.
Pro

Received 296 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by jfort
good looking car and welcome! check out Transit Blu for a simple and inexpensive addition of blue tooth. works well for me.

https://isimple.com/catalog/professi...-kits/isfm2351

no affiliation
Cool. I definitely will! From what I've read, the LAPower unit is only compatible with our PCM's if you have the disk changer, which I do not.

Originally Posted by mujeriega
Congrats on the new car. I disagree with the cup holder hate... as long as you're not pushing your car to the limit on twisty roads, they are perfectly fine for most road trips. If you're planning on doing an autocross, even the new cup holders aren't going to be of any use.

The question I have is, when will the mods start OR will this be an all OEM car?
Agreed. I can see me using the cup holder on occasion. Especially on longer, highway drives.

I will probably keep this car mostly stock. Some kind of Bluetooth mod and a short shifter are on the short list. Other than that, it will be just good (bordering on ****) maintenance. I would like to tint the windows, do a ceramic coat, and maybe a clear bra as well. I'm also going to look into LED lighting for the interior, the license plate lights, the reverse lights, and maybe the fog lights, just to clean up the overall look a little bit and provide more output. I might also consider an X-pipe or some other exhaust enhancement at some point. I would have to hear a couple in person before I decide to go down that path.

Originally Posted by Petza914

I use my cupholders all the time - if it breaks, I'll buy a new one, like anything else on the car. The Porsche stainless cups fit into them perfectly with a closeable lid too, as an FYI.

Also, it's Lobster Fork, like the little fork they give you in the restaurant to pull the tiny bits out of the shell - named as such because of the 2 skinny "fork" like prongs at the spoke to barrel connection points.
I'll have to check out the Porsche stainless steel cup. Since it has a lid, that would be perfect.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought it was lobster fork as well. Regardless, I like them

Originally Posted by groovzilla
Also, if you decide to lower the car, H&R springs are a great choice. Drops car about 1" and still allows you to use the PASM functions on dash.
Here's my 2007 997C4S Meteor Grey/Lobster forks w/H7R springs - Function 1st short shift kit also highly recommended!

Your car looks great! I like the stance. I would definitely lower it if I had a base Carrera. I do like the way the S sits from the factory, but lowering it does look nice. My only challenge will be getting in and out of my driveway. We have a decent approach angle coming from our street into our driveway, so I want to avoid scraping. I might have someone video me pulling into and out of my driveway to see how much clearance I really have.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:57 PM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Received 467 Likes on 166 Posts

welcome! your choice in cars is excellent. your choice of snacks, not so much. I got heartburn just looking at the photo.

for bluetooth, check out the "LaPower bluetooth" thread. thats the best solution on the market today for the money. totally transforms the PCM 2.1.

look forward to reading about more of your adventures. just pick some healthier snacks.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:43 AM
rileyracing1
Three Wheelin'

Received 402 Likes on 282 Posts

Congrats on the car my 997.1 4S came from Park Place Porsche in Dallas now happily residing in Toronto Same colour ...Love the meteor grey with black interior.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:25 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,062 Likes on 745 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914

I do too, mostly for a bottle of water. Never had a problem with it with either of my three 997's. Maybe those having issues with it don't shrink it before pushing it back in. If you have to expand it to make whatever cup or bottle you're putting in it you have to "restore" it to the size it pops out at or there will be resistance trying to store it which may break it. It doesn't shrink back to storage size by itself just by pushing it back in.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:47 AM
rwdds
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 38 Posts

Meteor Grey! Love it.
Old 03-22-2019, 04:21 AM
Austin997.2
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla

Love that color
Old 03-22-2019, 07:15 AM
roman944
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

congrats! these cars LOVE to be driven! I got mine in Houston and drove it to upstate NY! best 20 hour trip I've ever done hahah
Old 03-22-2019, 09:15 AM
DocKill
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! Its a beautiful ride! Glad to see you're enjoying it!
Old 03-22-2019, 09:32 AM
GTS Sully
Pro

Received 163 Likes on 90 Posts

Nice looking ride, and welcome aboard. Those Nacho Cheese Doritos were a very nice touch to the snack choices.
Old 03-23-2019, 10:43 AM
G.I.G.
Pro

Received 296 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBruce
welcome! your choice in cars is excellent. your choice of snacks, not so much. I got heartburn just looking at the photo.

for bluetooth, check out the "LaPower bluetooth" thread. thats the best solution on the market today for the money. totally transforms the PCM 2.1.

look forward to reading about more of your adventures. just pick some healthier snacks.
Thanks! I love your posts. Very informative.

Funny thing regarding my choice of road trip sustenance is 1) I normally eat quite healthy. The two exceptions where I consistently break with form are camping and road trips. 2) There are not many healthy options at gas stations in West Texas

Regarding the LAPower Bluetooth mod, I was under the impression that it requires the CD changer in order to tap into the PCM. My car does not have the disk changer. I'll have to read up more on my options.

Quick Reply: Formal Introduction - My New 997