Sponsored by:

Pay it forward: GT3 Smile Vent Template Pt II

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 05:56 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 380 Posts
Default Pay it forward: GT3 Smile Vent Template Pt II

I recently installed a GT3 smile vent on my C2S bumper. Since the last template was "misplaced," I am willing to offer up mine as a replacement. To maximize longevity and care while in the custody of the person using the template or sending it, I am proposing a check-out system where the two people involved in the transaction (shipper and recipient) will have some skin in the game.

Here's how it works:
  1. For each new transaction, the recipient and shipper are expected to do their due diligence to minimize risk of the template going into a blackhole (i.e., talk on the phone or via text, etc to validate and get a good sense the template will be in good hands). Just make sure the intended recipient is real and a participant in the community. If your Spidey sense tingles re: the next person on the wait list, use your best judgment and move on to the next person. I suspect this will be a rare occurrence, if at all.
  2. Deposit of $50 required and paid by the recipient to the person shipping the template. Please use private messaging to conduct logistics of shipping and payment of deposit rather than in this thread. The rest of us do not need/want to be involved in the details.
  3. Recipient pays shipping cost, which is non-refundable. The cost of doing business.
  4. Shipper posts a message in this thread stating the template was shipped to "username" and when. Whomever is the shipper is responsible for packaging the template appropriately and doing the best you can to minimize potential damage during shipping.
  5. Recipient receives template and posts confirmation of receipt in this thread.
  6. Recipient uses template and then ships to the next person in line as determined by the wait list in this thread.
  7. Repeat step 1.
This thread will serve as the check-out and wait list for accounting purposes: who sent/received the template, who's next in line, and any other communication related to said template. If you intend to add your name to the wait list, copy all of the usernames of the people ahead of you, add your Rennlist username to the list, and then paste the revised list into a new thread so we have a running list. Include the username of the person who currently is in possession of the template at the top of the list and add a number in front of your name to designate the order of your place in line. It will be easier to track this way. For example:

Current template holder: Busta Rib

Wait List
1. username A
2. username B
3. username B

As the originator, I will hold on to the original $50 deposit and effectively keep it in escrow as long as the template is in circulation. If at some point the template is lost or damaged, I will forward the original $50 deposit to the last intended recipient who paid their deposit but for whatever reasons, 1) did not receive the template (lost in the mail) or 2) received a damaged template and is unable to make use of it. No guarantee how long or how effective this system will be but I think it is better than just sending it to the next person in line and hoping it will get passed on down the list. I'm open to suggestions as well but I thought this would maximize the ability for others to use the template.

In order for this to work, we will have to rely on an honor system and a good-faith effort by everyone involved to self-police. Accountability, baby! If anyone willingly or knowingly tries any shenanigans with the template and other users in this thread, you will be called out in front of the community. Don't be that person. As long as everyone does their part, a lot of folks should benefit from this. Next in line will be determined by the order of your request posted in this thread. In case of disputes, I will be the final arbitrator. **If you participate in this thread and want to receive the template, you agree to abide by these rules/policies. If you don't want to play, find another solution.**

If this system works, your net out-of-pocket will be cost of shipping plus time involved. Who's first?

Old 02-07-2019, 06:39 PM
jad4ca
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in. Still steamed about how the last one went down...
Old 02-07-2019, 11:47 PM
Presto
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

Very nice initiative bustarib. I love the rules. Maybe also have a time limit(reasonable) on how long each person can keep it?
Old 02-08-2019, 12:44 AM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

PM sent.

Originally Posted by jad4ca
I'm in. Still steamed about how the last one went down...
Old 02-08-2019, 12:45 AM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Agreed. I think 1-2 weeks is reasonable. That said, I would like to rely on the peeps involved in sending/receiving to self-police and say something if someone is holding onto the template too long.

Originally Posted by Presto
Very nice initiative bustarib. I love the rules. Maybe also have a time limit(reasonable) on how long each person can keep it?
Old 02-08-2019, 02:32 AM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 412 Likes on 243 Posts

Probably a dumb question, but I love the smiley vent—what’s underneath it behind the bumper cover? I assume it gets very wet in there when it rains?
Old 02-08-2019, 08:54 AM
Uwon
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

I’m in and because I’m in Canada, assume that I’m located in Buffalo, NY. I’ll pay the differential cost between Buffalo and Toronto in and out.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:02 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

OK, the template is off to it's first user, jad4ca (Jeff). I'm starting the waitlist below. Jeff, when you receive the template, post a confirmation and update the list accordingly. Have a great weekend, everyone.

Current template holder: Busta Rib (en route to jad4ca)

Wait List
1. jad4ca
2. Uwon
Old 02-08-2019, 02:21 PM
jad4ca
Intermediate

Thanks Busta Rib. I will post an update when I receive the template and reach out to Uwon once I have completed the install and am ready to ship to him.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:26 PM
jad4ca
Intermediate

I have the template now. Hoping to get the project done on Saturday but it may spill into the following week. I will be reaching out to Uwon soon to coordinate deposit and shipping.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:44 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts

What front spoiler are you running? It looks sharp!
Old 02-13-2019, 04:46 AM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by raidersfan
What front spoiler are you running? It looks sharp!
Maxton Design
Old 02-14-2019, 09:04 PM
Jeremy Hazeltine
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 58 Posts

Lets hope this stays moving. I am very discusted by the outcome of my previous attempt to help others
Old 02-18-2019, 12:12 PM
jad4ca
Intermediate

Hi All,

I am done with the template. Took care of the work this weekend and it came out really good. I added mesh grilles while I had the bumper off and I may get it resprayed. PM sent to Uwon.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:41 AM
Uwon
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jad4ca
Hi All,

I am done with the template. Took care of the work this weekend and it came out really good. I added mesh grilles while I had the bumper off and I may get it resprayed. PM sent to Uwon.
Hey Guys, I’ve been able to locate a template locally here in Ontario so kindly pass on to the next one in line. Many thanks.
Johan

Quick Reply: Pay it forward: GT3 Smile Vent Template Pt II