Sponsored by:

09 911 c4s potential sale price,

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 02:48 PM
Redhot2474
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts
Default 09 911 c4s potential sale price,

Thinking of selling 911 and going to just one vehicle , thought on a selling price ?

09 c4s Cabrio 122k new

all service records, completely up to date including PDK service and spark plugs , brake flush every 2 years, oil change every 5k miles , car pulls extremely hard, runs perfect, no track time, needs nothing, sounds amazing !

I’m second owner that bought with 8800 miles 3.5 years ago

Immaculate in and out( 9.5 out of 10)
white with/blue top, sea blue interior (very sharp)
red calipers
25k miles
PDK (serviced)
sport snd sport plus
heated seats
Carbon fiber heated steering wheel
19” wheels with hub centric wheel spacers
softronic ECU
fabspeed dual intake
billyboat center muffler
gundo hack side cans with 2” pipe
h and r lowering springs

can be put to stock except for side cans that have been hacked (easy to find)

Last edited by Redhot2474; 01-02-2019 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Content
Old 01-01-2019, 03:17 PM
C4SNY
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 21 Posts

Gorgeous car and looks extremely clean. My guess would be $55K based on what I recently paid on my 2011 c4s coupe.

Curious what others think.

Last edited by C4SNY; 01-01-2019 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-01-2019, 03:26 PM
manuelfangioG
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If that was a coupe and not cab, you would have had a PM about a visit to CT Love the color combination and spec.

Based on the searches I'm doing right now for coupes, I'd guess around $56-$58K if back to stock, and depending on season/climate of purchaser since Cab. Less if kept modified as the majority of people don't pay more for mods, they pay less.
Old 01-01-2019, 03:32 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 391 Likes on 255 Posts

I would agree with above. 55-60, depends on location, time of year. Sea blue cars seem to sit longer from my research.
Old 01-01-2019, 06:04 PM
C4SDayton
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

From extensive search this fall looking for my own I looked at a lot of cabs and coupes. For private sale I would start at 60k and come down 3-4K. Spring would be a better time to sell. Try Bring a Trailer if want to sell faster. It’s a good color combo for those that don’t want the vanilla beige or black interior or silver, black, gray exterior.
Old 01-01-2019, 06:21 PM
manuelfangioG
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C4SDayton
From extensive search this fall looking for my own I looked at a lot of cabs and coupes. For private sale I would start at 60k and come down 3-4K. Spring would be a better time to sell. Try Bring a Trailer if want to sell faster. It’s a good color combo for those that don’t want the vanilla beige or black interior or silver, black, gray exterior.
BAT is a good call for a car like this as you get exposure from people who live all over the US and abroad. I've been keeping an eye out for 997 and 991s with PDK on there for me.

Old 01-01-2019, 07:49 PM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I sold a cherry 09 C2S (Concours condition) coupe, full leather with the same mods, with 21,000 miles and all records for $55,700 last spring. The cab has a higher MSRP but is worth less on the market, and if I remember correctly, there was a GR C4S cab similar to yours for sale for a long time over the summer at $56,500.

I agree with the above; $55k on the low end, maybe $57k to the right buyer. Sea blue interior is NOT popular unfortunately. I don't mind it, but those cars typically take a hit unless the right person comes along!

Another option: find out what a dealer will buy it for and what they will sell it for, split the difference, and list it at that price. Even if you discount it another $1500, you still come out ahead vs a trade-in or dealer sale. When I want to go sell that car, I go that route, and it always sells. Listing a private party car for sale at close to full retail is great if you want it to collect dust in your garage, but putting it at $4500 over wholesale will get it moved within a reasonable time frame. The dealer offered me $51k for the coupe listed above, and they wanted to sell it for $62k.

Good luck!!!!
Old 01-02-2019, 02:13 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Valuation at this time of year is not easy. Demand is lower.

You need to think about the following. Are you looking for the highest price and willing to wait months? Or do you want a fair price reflecting the time of year and sell it within a few weeks. Reading the above posts seems a bit inconsistent in terms of advice and pricing. A 2011 with similar miles should be valued higher than a 2009. Not the same for a number of reasons including age and avoiding some of the 1st year PDK quirks. The blue interior tends to be of less demand but maybe there is someone who always wanted the "nautical" look.

I would suggest $50-$52K if you want it priced to sell. Price it higher if you want it to sit for a while. I know someone who is trading his 2011 C4S cab for a Tesla (hard to believe) and his best offer was $50K.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:52 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 415 Likes on 245 Posts

I wouldn’t discount that car for the mods. They’re tasteful and very popular mods that can all be reversed and none of them are cosmetic that could put off a potential buyer (no gaudy spoilers or aftermarket glue-ons).

The only negative with that car is the blue interior, but even that is helped by the white paint and blue top, which is about the only color combination where blue interior is appropriate.

Are there any other options? Full leather, special or tufted leather? Multi-function wheel? Audio interface, etc?

How many miles on the tires and what brand and model?

Got any pics of the interior?
Old 01-02-2019, 10:17 PM
Canada911S
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dawgcatching
The cab has a higher MSRP but is worth less on the market
What do you base this on? I’m looking at cab prices vs coupes on Autotrader and Car Gurus, and all things being equal the cabs usually carry a minimum $10k premium on the used market.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:20 PM
Redhot2474
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Options

Originally Posted by Iceter
I wouldn’t discount that car for the mods. They’re tasteful and very popular mods that can all be reversed and none of them are cosmetic that could put off a potential buyer (no gaudy spoilers or aftermarket glue-ons).

The only negative with that car is the blue interior, but even that is helped by the white paint and blue top, which is about the only color combination where blue interior is appropriate.

Are there any other options? Full leather, special or tufted leather? Multi-function wheel? Audio interface, etc?

How many miles on the tires and what brand and model?

Got any pics of the interior?

No pics of interior , people always “oogle” over the color combo , especially 50 and over - Bridgestone potenza s04 1/2 left in front , will be replacing rears shortly

Last edited by Redhot2474; 01-02-2019 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Adding content
Old 01-02-2019, 10:49 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 415 Likes on 245 Posts

I recommend not replacing the tires unless they’re just awful. You won’t increase the car’s sale price by the cost of the tires. Worst case is that you find a buyer and give them a discount for the tires. Never proactively pay for something someone might not catch.

That list of options is impressive. Definitely adds value.

As as for the blue interior, it is what it is. People don’t like blue. I don’t make the rules.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:02 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,061 Likes on 744 Posts

Originally Posted by manuelfangioG
If that was a coupe and not cab, you would have had a PM about a visit to CT Love the color combination and spec.

Based on the searches I'm doing right now for coupes, I'd guess around $56-$58K if back to stock, and depending on season/climate of purchaser since Cab. Less if kept modified as the majority of people don't pay more for mods, they pay less.
Based on two 997's I've sold that both had mods I think that is too general and too broad of an assessment. All depends on what the mods are, the quality of them and how they're applied. My -06 C4S had $6,000 Champion wheels, H&R springs and spacers and a Tubi exhaust. Traded it in for an -09 C4S at a Porsche dealer who gave me a couple of thousand more than I had expected since they said those mods are popular and add value. Easy to sell. And no.....they didn't make the trade in value look good by padding the price of the car I was buying. The price of that car was negotiated down to a hard number before I even brought up the trade in and that price didn't change with the trade brought into the equation.

Same story when I eventually sold that -09 C4S. It had HRE P40 wheels, H&R springs and a Tubi exhaust at the time of the sale. Private sale this time and the buyer said I had already done what he would have done to the car so he was stoked paying.....again....more than I had expected to get for it.

In sum, yes....there are a lot of buyers who want nothing but bone stock but there are are also a lot of Porsche buyers who like to mod their cars so I disagree with the general statement that mods by default decreases the value of the car. Exception would be cheap, low quality parts or weird odd looking body modifications.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:16 AM
Zoefhaus
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Canada911S

What do you base this on? I’m looking at cab prices vs coupes on Autotrader and Car Gurus, and all things being equal the cabs usually carry a minimum $10k premium on the used market.
Same over here in Europe, cabs are 5-8k EUR more expensive than coupes (provided you sell in the right season of course).
Old 01-03-2019, 12:26 PM
Balr14
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Zoefhaus
Same over here in Europe, cabs are 5-8k EUR more expensive than coupes (provided you sell in the right season of course).
When I bought my 09 C2S cab there were 3 comparable coupes at the same dealer for $3k - 5k less. That was February, too. When I was looking, I found asking price was pretty much a factor of initial price, regardless of what options were included.

Quick Reply: 09 911 c4s potential sale price,