Replacement knobs for the AC climate unit - Say bye to sticky buttons

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 05:33 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Climarepair.com
Yeah... a little better
The product looks nice or at least certainly nicer than previous versions but your obviously missing the boat on where your detractors are coming from and why you are always going to have a problem on this board.

Why you wouldnt have resolved these PR nightmares to everyone satisfaction is beyond me. I have not used your product (i just plasti dip touch up mine) but given the loooooong threads on your previous products and the obvious dissatisfaction from some long time respected members here, I would go to your competitor as well if/when i am in the market.

I think your probably doing yourself more harm then good on here until you at least attempt to garner some goodwill
Old 12-30-2018, 09:26 PM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 161 Posts

There is method to his madness. Its the [political comment redacted] playbook of marketing ****ty switches. He replies to every post with more bull**** to ensure his name comes up first when the next guy comes along and is too lazy to read the whole thread. I wish the admins would do something about it.

I think the best way to get rid of him is to start a poll on who makes the best switches and make it a sticky.

Last edited by Mark in Baltimore; 02-19-2019 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Political comment redacted
Old 12-30-2018, 11:05 PM
Batman33
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBruce
There is method to his madness. Its the [political comment redacted] playbook of marketing ****ty switches. He replies to every post with more bull**** to ensure his name comes up first when the next guy comes along and is too lazy to read the whole thread. I wish the admins would do something about it.

I think the best way to get rid of him is to start a poll on who makes the best switches and make it a sticky.
Oh no! LOOK OUT!!!!! : )

Last edited by Mark in Baltimore; 02-19-2019 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Quoted political comment redacted
Old 01-12-2019, 11:52 AM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben Z
Aha! I always wondered about this whenever I've seen peeling ones. I've got an '05 and it has non-soft-touch buttons which have not degraded. I bought the car in '09 so apparently the original owner must have had them replaced under warranty post-2007. Cleared up a long-standing mystery for me.
We are happy we helped you to find out

Old 01-12-2019, 11:55 AM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by vern1
The product looks nice or at least certainly nicer than previous versions but your obviously missing the boat on where your detractors are coming from and why you are always going to have a problem on this board.

Why you wouldnt have resolved these PR nightmares to everyone satisfaction is beyond me. I have not used your product (i just plasti dip touch up mine) but given the loooooong threads on your previous products and the obvious dissatisfaction from some long time respected members here, I would go to your competitor as well if/when i am in the market.

I think your probably doing yourself more harm then good on here until you at least attempt to garner some goodwill

Funny fact: there are less than 20 detractors in this forum, but we sold many hundreds, so the immense majority is not a detractor. Plus we will never convert a detractor into a fan, so we deal with it. End of the story
Old 01-12-2019, 11:57 AM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Batman33
$160?! Sorry, I'm sure its a fine product, but that is too steep for me.

Cheap
Its $149, the most affordable option available on the market.

Regards.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:06 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,428 Likes on 2,701 Posts

Its $149, the most affordable option available on the market.

Regards.
Instead of defending your actions and digging a deeper hole, why don't you be a 1st class guy/business and send customers (who paid for and complained about your sub-par switch *****) the updated versions and perhaps just charge shipping? If it's only 20 people as you say, you are a fool to turn your back on them---> Makes you look foolish.
This is what I would do if I had any interest in maintaining a good relationship with paying customers if I were ever in your shoes and had a poor product which is now improved.
Especially as a Sponsor on a car Forum with lots of negative chit-chat.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:16 PM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla
Instead of defending your actions and digging a deeper hole, why don't you be a 1st class guy/business and send customers (who paid for and complained about your sub-par switch *****) the updated versions and perhaps just charge shipping? If it's only 20 people as you say, you are a fool to turn your back on them---> Makes you look foolish.
This is what I would do if I had any interest in maintaining a good relationship with paying customers if I were ever in your shoes and had a poor product which is now improved.
Groovzilla is spot on. If it is 20 people make it right with them and your PR nightmare is over. What you don’t see is the people you have crossed with your poor quality and poor customer service. We listen to these people. Their opinion carries more weight than you know. Those are lost opportunities and you cannot know how many sales you have lost to your competitors. I will not touch your products because your customer service is not acceptable. We all drive high end cars and we deserve high end service which you have evidently been lacking in. Just do the right thing.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:02 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 349 Likes on 230 Posts

Agree with Groovzilla and doclouie.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:01 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by groovzilla
Originally Posted by doclouie

Groovzilla is spot on. If it is 20 people make it right with them and your PR nightmare is over. What you don’t see is the people you have crossed with your poor quality and poor customer service. We listen to these people. Their opinion carries more weight than you know. Those are lost opportunities and you cannot know how many sales you have lost to your competitors. I will not touch your products because your customer service is not acceptable. We all drive high end cars and we deserve high end service which you have evidently been lacking in. Just do the right thing.
Originally Posted by kellen
Agree with Groovzilla and doclouie.

This has been already explained in other threats.

We already offered a free-upgraded replacement to many customers in the past, they just had to pay for shipping. We did that already several months ago, we sent over 50 kits if I recall correct. Then we even offered completely free replacements to other members (the ones who declined to pay for shipping but still spam against our company in this forum). From all of them, only user Petza accepted and asked for a free replacement. He was very polite. And now we offer a 20% discount to all former customers who bought any of the previous versions. In the following quoted messages we explained why we can't offer anything beyond a 20% off. So yeah, we think we did our part. But those who still complaint and give continue-negative feedback based on a discontinued product are just haters, and apparently there is nothing we can do about it.

Thanks for the compliments regarding our new climarepair revolution replacement switches.

Unfortunately, it is completely impossible to do what you are suggesting. As we keep saying from the very beginning, these switches are VERY expensive to produce and to be shipped worldwide, profit is very little compare to many other products. No other company -inlcuding rich companies- offers direct swaps when they release new versions. I'm not getting a free iPhone XR for my old-crappy iPhone 3G, nor I'm getting a 991 from my old 996, and so. We offer discounts for Rennlist members, and we also offer discounts for former customers that bought V1´s, V2´s etc. All they have to do is send us an email indicating the old order number and we will apply a discount for them Thats the best we can sincerely do. Take in mind that other competitors are offering the switches at $175+$25 for shipping, thats $200. We offer the same product for $149 and we are shipping from Europe, so really, our profit here is very little.
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...l#post15560561

This comment from user Zach L is a good summary:

Link: https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...l#post15553292

So, we offer a 20% discount to all former customers who bought previous versions of our replacement buttons. As we already explained several times, since we are the most affordable option on the market our profit is very little, so offering a 20% off is best we can really do. If we charged $200 like others, we could possibly offer a 40% off, but thats not the case.
In order to get that discount, all you have to do is send us an email (or a private message thru Rennlist) indicating name, account email, and former order number before placing your new order. We will provide a one-use discount code that you will be able to use on your next order.

Thanks again to the Porsche community.

Sincerely,
John
​​​​​​​

Old 01-12-2019, 07:06 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 349 Likes on 230 Posts

​​​​​​​Perfect!
Old 01-12-2019, 08:29 PM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Lost cause.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:50 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,428 Likes on 2,701 Posts

We already offered a free-upgraded replacement to many customers in the past, they just had to pay for shipping. We did that already several months ago, we sent over 50 kits if I recall correct. Then we even offered completely free replacements to other members (the ones who declined to pay for shipping but still spam against our company in this forum). From all of them, only user Petza accepted and asked for a free replacement. He was very polite. And now we offer a 20% discount to all former customers who bought any of the previous versions. In the following quoted messages we explained why we can't offer anything beyond a 20% off. So yeah, we think we did our part. But those who still complaint and give continue-negative feedback based on a discontinued product are just haters, and apparently there is nothing we can do about it.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...l#post15560561

Instead of writing a novel, just answer every public hate post with an offer to replace the switch buttons with your upgraded version - real simple.
I don't think you realize how you come off on these threads - Not all of us have followed the drama and not dialed into the past posts.
Just a suggestion.
Fortunately, and I have no idea why, both my 2005 997S and my current 2007C4S have perfect original switch buttons. Not a mark.
If they were nasty I'd have no problem purchasing your updated version.

Old 01-12-2019, 10:09 PM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

@groovzilla - speaking to this guy is like pissing into the wind. I applaud anyone who identifies a need and acts on it, but he's a lost cause.

As for switches, my theory is its from people who regularly had sunscreen or lotion on their hands.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:06 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 412 Likes on 243 Posts

These are buttons. Why would it take five versions to get them right?

If you sell a ****ty product, you either keep replacing it for free until you get it right or give a refund...at a loss, if you must.

The only other alternative is to roll on and ignore the heat your disgruntled customers give you.

Apparently, he’s willing to accept the heat. Hey, it works for the DMV, right?

I like how how he uses Petza as an example of how good his customer service is, yet Petza is clearly disgusted with the guy. Classic.

Edit: I just visited the other switch thread and he actually thanked a poster for complimenting his V5 switches...except the poster actually said the V5 switches didn’t look as awful as the versions 1 through 4. I am beginning to think this dude either doesn’t speak English or is a very sopisticated bot that is programmed to ignore negative words.

Quick Reply: Replacement knobs for the AC climate unit - Say bye to sticky buttons