Replacement knobs for the AC climate unit - Say bye to sticky buttons - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 997 Forum
Reload this Page >

Replacement knobs for the AC climate unit - Say bye to sticky buttons

Notices
997 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacement knobs for the AC climate unit - Say bye to sticky buttons

Old 12-30-2018, 06:33 PM
  #16  
vern1
Super User
 
vern1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,817
Default

Originally Posted by Climarepair.com View Post
Yeah... a little better
The product looks nice or at least certainly nicer than previous versions but your obviously missing the boat on where your detractors are coming from and why you are always going to have a problem on this board.

Why you wouldnt have resolved these PR nightmares to everyone satisfaction is beyond me. I have not used your product (i just plasti dip touch up mine) but given the loooooong threads on your previous products and the obvious dissatisfaction from some long time respected members here, I would go to your competitor as well if/when i am in the market.

I think your probably doing yourself more harm then good on here until you at least attempt to garner some goodwill
vern1 is offline  
Old 12-30-2018, 10:26 PM
  #17  
TheBruce
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TheBruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 978
Default

There is method to his madness. Its the Donald Trump playbook of marketing ****ty switches. He replies to every post with more bull**** to ensure his name comes up first when the next guy comes along and is too lazy to read the whole thread. I wish the admins would do something about it.

I think the best way to get rid of him is to start a poll on who makes the best switches and make it a sticky.
TheBruce is online now  
Old 12-31-2018, 12:05 AM
  #18  
Batman33
User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 174
Default

Originally Posted by TheBruce View Post
There is method to his madness. Its the Donald Trump playbook of marketing ****ty switches. He replies to every post with more bull**** to ensure his name comes up first when the next guy comes along and is too lazy to read the whole thread. I wish the admins would do something about it.

I think the best way to get rid of him is to start a poll on who makes the best switches and make it a sticky.
Oh no! LOOK OUT!!!!! : )
Batman33 is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 12:52 PM
  #19  
Climarepair.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
Climarepair.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 361
Default

Originally Posted by Ben Z View Post
Aha! I always wondered about this whenever I've seen peeling ones. I've got an '05 and it has non-soft-touch buttons which have not degraded. I bought the car in '09 so apparently the original owner must have had them replaced under warranty post-2007. Cleared up a long-standing mystery for me.
We are happy we helped you to find out

__________________


Check out our replacement buttons for PORSCHE
Check out our wheel hub caps for PORSCHE

www.climarepair.com
Climarepair.com is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 12:55 PM
  #20  
Climarepair.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
Climarepair.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 361
Default

Originally Posted by vern1 View Post
The product looks nice or at least certainly nicer than previous versions but your obviously missing the boat on where your detractors are coming from and why you are always going to have a problem on this board.

Why you wouldnt have resolved these PR nightmares to everyone satisfaction is beyond me. I have not used your product (i just plasti dip touch up mine) but given the loooooong threads on your previous products and the obvious dissatisfaction from some long time respected members here, I would go to your competitor as well if/when i am in the market.

I think your probably doing yourself more harm then good on here until you at least attempt to garner some goodwill

Funny fact: there are less than 20 detractors in this forum, but we sold many hundreds, so the immense majority is not a detractor. Plus we will never convert a detractor into a fan, so we deal with it. End of the story
__________________


Check out our replacement buttons for PORSCHE
Check out our wheel hub caps for PORSCHE

www.climarepair.com
Climarepair.com is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 12:57 PM
  #21  
Climarepair.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
Climarepair.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 361
Default

Originally Posted by Batman33 View Post
$160?! Sorry, I'm sure its a fine product, but that is too steep for me.

Cheap
Its $149, the most affordable option available on the market.

Regards.
__________________


Check out our replacement buttons for PORSCHE
Check out our wheel hub caps for PORSCHE

www.climarepair.com
Climarepair.com is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 03:06 PM
  #22  
groovzilla
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
groovzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: seattle, washington
Posts: 4,735
Default

Originally Posted by Climarepair.com View Post
Its $149, the most affordable option available on the market.

Regards.
Instead of defending your actions and digging a deeper hole, why don't you be a 1st class guy/business and send customers (who paid for and complained about your sub-par switch *****) the updated versions and perhaps just charge shipping? If it's only 20 people as you say, you are a fool to turn your back on them---> Makes you look foolish.
This is what I would do if I had any interest in maintaining a good relationship with paying customers if I were ever in your shoes and had a poor product which is now improved.
Especially as a Sponsor on a car Forum with lots of negative chit-chat.
groovzilla is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 03:16 PM
  #23  
doclouie
User
 
doclouie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 457
Default

Originally Posted by groovzilla View Post
Instead of defending your actions and digging a deeper hole, why don't you be a 1st class guy/business and send customers (who paid for and complained about your sub-par switch *****) the updated versions and perhaps just charge shipping? If it's only 20 people as you say, you are a fool to turn your back on them---> Makes you look foolish.
This is what I would do if I had any interest in maintaining a good relationship with paying customers if I were ever in your shoes and had a poor product which is now improved.
Especially as a Sponsor on a car Forum with lots of negative chit-chat.
Groovzilla is spot on. If it is 20 people make it right with them and your PR nightmare is over. What you don’t see is the people you have crossed with your poor quality and poor customer service. We listen to these people. Their opinion carries more weight than you know. Those are lost opportunities and you cannot know how many sales you have lost to your competitors. I will not touch your products because your customer service is not acceptable. We all drive high end cars and we deserve high end service which you have evidently been lacking in. Just do the right thing.
doclouie is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 05:02 PM
  #24  
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,064
Default

Agree with Groovzilla and doclouie.
kellen is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 06:01 PM
  #25  
Climarepair.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
Climarepair.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 361
Default

Originally Posted by groovzilla View Post
Instead of defending your actions and digging a deeper hole, why don't you be a 1st class guy/business and send customers (who paid for and complained about your sub-par switch *****) the updated versions and perhaps just charge shipping? If it's only 20 people as you say, you are a fool to turn your back on them---> Makes you look foolish.
This is what I would do if I had any interest in maintaining a good relationship with paying customers if I were ever in your shoes and had a poor product which is now improved.
Especially as a Sponsor on a car Forum with lots of negative chit-chat.
Originally Posted by doclouie View Post


Groovzilla is spot on. If it is 20 people make it right with them and your PR nightmare is over. What you don’t see is the people you have crossed with your poor quality and poor customer service. We listen to these people. Their opinion carries more weight than you know. Those are lost opportunities and you cannot know how many sales you have lost to your competitors. I will not touch your products because your customer service is not acceptable. We all drive high end cars and we deserve high end service which you have evidently been lacking in. Just do the right thing.
Originally Posted by kellen View Post
Agree with Groovzilla and doclouie.




This has been already explained in other threats.

We already offered a free-upgraded replacement to many customers in the past, they just had to pay for shipping. We did that already several months ago, we sent over 50 kits if I recall correct. Then we even offered completely free replacements to other members (the ones who declined to pay for shipping but still spam against our company in this forum). From all of them, only user Petza accepted and asked for a free replacement. He was very polite. And now we offer a 20% discount to all former customers who bought any of the previous versions. In the following quoted messages we explained why we can't offer anything beyond a 20% off. So yeah, we think we did our part. But those who still complaint and give continue-negative feedback based on a discontinued product are just haters, and apparently there is nothing we can do about it.



Originally Posted by Climarepair.com View Post
Thanks for the compliments regarding our new climarepair revolution replacement switches.

Unfortunately, it is completely impossible to do what you are suggesting. As we keep saying from the very beginning, these switches are VERY expensive to produce and to be shipped worldwide, profit is very little compare to many other products. No other company -inlcuding rich companies- offers direct swaps when they release new versions. I'm not getting a free iPhone XR for my old-crappy iPhone 3G, nor I'm getting a 991 from my old 996, and so. We offer discounts for Rennlist members, and we also offer discounts for former customers that bought V1īs, V2īs etc. All they have to do is send us an email indicating the old order number and we will apply a discount for them Thats the best we can sincerely do. Take in mind that other competitors are offering the switches at $175+$25 for shipping, thats $200. We offer the same product for $149 and we are shipping from Europe, so really, our profit here is very little.
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...l#post15560561


Originally Posted by Climarepair.com View Post
This comment from user Zach L is a good summary:



Link: https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...l#post15553292




So, we offer a 20% discount to all former customers who bought previous versions of our replacement buttons. As we already explained several times, since we are the most affordable option on the market our profit is very little, so offering a 20% off is best we can really do. If we charged $200 like others, we could possibly offer a 40% off, but thats not the case.
In order to get that discount, all you have to do is send us an email (or a private message thru Rennlist) indicating name, account email, and former order number before placing your new order. We will provide a one-use discount code that you will be able to use on your next order.

Thanks again to the Porsche community.

Sincerely,
John
​​​​​​​

__________________


Check out our replacement buttons for PORSCHE
Check out our wheel hub caps for PORSCHE

www.climarepair.com
Climarepair.com is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 08:06 PM
  #26  
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,064
Default

Originally Posted by Climarepair.com View Post
This has been already explained in other threats.
​​​​​​​Perfect!
kellen is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 09:29 PM
  #27  
TheBruce
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TheBruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 978
Default

Lost cause.
TheBruce is online now  
Old 01-12-2019, 09:50 PM
  #28  
groovzilla
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
groovzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: seattle, washington
Posts: 4,735
Default

Originally Posted by Climarepair.com View Post
This has been already explained in other threats.

We already offered a free-upgraded replacement to many customers in the past, they just had to pay for shipping. We did that already several months ago, we sent over 50 kits if I recall correct. Then we even offered completely free replacements to other members (the ones who declined to pay for shipping but still spam against our company in this forum). From all of them, only user Petza accepted and asked for a free replacement. He was very polite. And now we offer a 20% discount to all former customers who bought any of the previous versions. In the following quoted messages we explained why we can't offer anything beyond a 20% off. So yeah, we think we did our part. But those who still complaint and give continue-negative feedback based on a discontinued product are just haters, and apparently there is nothing we can do about it.




https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...l#post15560561


Instead of writing a novel, just answer every public hate post with an offer to replace the switch buttons with your upgraded version - real simple.
I don't think you realize how you come off on these threads - Not all of us have followed the drama and not dialed into the past posts.
Just a suggestion.
Fortunately, and I have no idea why, both my 2005 997S and my current 2007C4S have perfect original switch buttons. Not a mark.
If they were nasty I'd have no problem purchasing your updated version.

groovzilla is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 11:09 PM
  #29  
TheBruce
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TheBruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 978
Default

@groovzilla - speaking to this guy is like pissing into the wind. I applaud anyone who identifies a need and acts on it, but he's a lost cause.

As for switches, my theory is its from people who regularly had sunscreen or lotion on their hands.
TheBruce is online now  
Old 01-13-2019, 12:06 AM
  #30  
Iceter
User
 
Iceter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Posts: 1,618
Default

These are buttons. Why would it take five versions to get them right?

If you sell a ****ty product, you either keep replacing it for free until you get it right or give a refund...at a loss, if you must.

The only other alternative is to roll on and ignore the heat your disgruntled customers give you.

Apparently, he’s willing to accept the heat. Hey, it works for the DMV, right?

I like how how he uses Petza as an example of how good his customer service is, yet Petza is clearly disgusted with the guy. Classic.

Edit: I just visited the other switch thread and he actually thanked a poster for complimenting his V5 switches...except the poster actually said the V5 switches didn’t look as awful as the versions 1 through 4. I am beginning to think this dude either doesn’t speak English or is a very sopisticated bot that is programmed to ignore negative words.
Iceter is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: