Sponsored by:

DSC module satisfaction

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 10:16 PM
Qwksnke
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Quicksilver914
Wow, just wow. DSC box transformed the car. It now feels planted. I used to describe the front end in my 997.2 GTS, manual trans, as feeling nervous. It did not inspire confidence.
So the controller fixes this? Thats a big complaint I have with my 997.2 S! North of 90 mph the front end is way light and twitchy. I was thinking I needed to add more downforce
Old 06-14-2019, 11:03 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 382 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Qwksnke
So the controller fixes this? Thats a big complaint I have with my 997.2 S! North of 90 mph the front end is way light and twitchy. I was thinking I needed to add more downforce
That may have sold me....front end is definitely a little squirrelly at high speeds.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:25 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,562 Likes on 940 Posts

Originally Posted by kellen
That may have sold me....front end is definitely a little squirrelly at high speeds.
Honestly, I think you need to address your alignment. I have the DSC and I can not attribute it to anything regarding being more planted or less squirly at high speeds.
In my experience tweaking my alignment, I found the factory spec to be so planted as to be boring. So I had a bit of negative camber put into the fronts... and that made it more lively... But the DSC software should'nt have that affect at highway speeds... it doesn't do that with mine.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 06-15-2019, 02:57 AM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 382 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
Honestly, I think you need to address your alignment. I have the DSC and I can not attribute it to anything regarding being more planted or less squirly at high speeds.
In my experience tweaking my alignment, I found the factory spec to be so planted as to be boring. So I had a bit of negative camber put into the fronts... and that made it more lively... But the DSC software should'nt have that affect at highway speeds... it doesn't do that with mine.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Was on my older 997.1S at 127mph. Haven’t gotten my new 997.2 C4S that high. Guess I’m just looking for another reason to buy it.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:55 PM
911Gr8tness
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 61 Posts

I just installed the accelerometer and the DSC box on my 06' Cab with Eibach springs.

At first I couldn't tell a difference (could be because it was the 1st time driving the car after a few weeks). I unplugged the accelerometer, went down a road and then re-plugged it and repeated. Can certainly tell a difference now.

In normal mode it soaks up bumps on the highway better, the car does feel softer. Sport mode is no longer bumpy, feels closer to what normal mode felt like before with better control of bumps.

I was expecting a bigger difference overall, but I think I need more seat time especially in corners before making any final judgements, so far have just done some city and highway driving.

I could leave it in sport mode 100% of the time now, before it was basically unusable unless roads were good.
Old 06-21-2019, 03:55 PM
911Gr8tness
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Gr8tness
I just installed the accelerometer and the DSC box on my 06' Cab with Eibach springs.

At first I couldn't tell a difference (could be because it was the 1st time driving the car after a few weeks). I unplugged the accelerometer, went down a road and then re-plugged it and repeated. Can certainly tell a difference now.

In normal mode it soaks up bumps on the highway better, the car does feel softer. Sport mode is no longer bumpy, feels closer to what normal mode felt like before with better control of bumps.

I was expecting a bigger difference overall, but I think I need more seat time especially in corners before making any final judgements, so far have just done some city and highway driving.

I could leave it in sport mode 100% of the time now, before it was basically unusable unless roads were good.
I've been able to get some more driving time on the setup. Normal and sport mode are both smooth on highway driving even with some of our bad highways in the bay area. Generally its a smoother softer setup. This morning on my 35 mile drive to work i had it set to sport. Still very smooth on highway runs, but also tried some more aggressive turns.

The "ah ha" moment came on an offramp from an overpass down to the freeway, a full circle. I was able to take and maintain 55-60mph. The car held flat and had lots of grip, my shoulder and face were getting close to hitting the drivers side window. Haven't felt that before and it was quite impressive!

Still may play with some settings to make it more aggressive on braking and hard acceleration, any recommendations?
Old 09-02-2019, 11:30 PM
Blackpony
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Smile DSC module satisfaction

Highly recommend the DSC suspension upgrade. The improved DSC 997.1 Turbo handling enabled faster lap times while participating in Porsche Club of America, High Performance Driver Education events at several Road Courses. Normal street driving is smoother and more comfortable, resulting in less fatiguing road trips. Having greater access to Porsche's outstanding suspension capabilities is worth the experience and expense.
The following users liked this post:
Big Swole (09-02-2019)
Old 09-02-2019, 11:37 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,106 Likes on 1,326 Posts

Has anyone else sent their DSC in for the Launch control option???

Mine is there now for it. Can't wait to try it and see if it helps with traction / weight transfer.

Old 09-03-2019, 01:55 AM
kru911
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
Has anyone else sent their DSC in for the Launch control option???

Mine is there now for it. Can't wait to try it and see if it helps with traction / weight transfer.

My DSC came with Launch Control. I've "launched" 3 times since installing the controller. Unfortunately, not enough times and almost a year since launching w/o the DSC. So, I did not have an ah-ha moment nor a compelling comparison I can share. Nonetheless, I do recall feeling the rear squat a little more than before. And the last of the 3 launches was simply awesome.
Big Swole (09-03-2019)
Old 09-03-2019, 09:34 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kru911
My DSC came with Launch Control. I've "launched" 3 times since installing the controller. Unfortunately, not enough times and almost a year since launching w/o the DSC. So, I did not have an ah-ha moment nor a compelling comparison I can share. Nonetheless, I do recall feeling the rear squat a little more than before. And the last of the 3 launches was simply awesome.

Thank you!!
kru911 (09-04-2019)
Old 09-15-2019, 10:05 PM
Ohio Performance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 89 Posts

Just installed it yesterday along with the 3 axis accelerometer and could not be happier! This is a must do mod in my opinion. Not to mention the customer service by DSC sport is second to none!
2007 C4S F77 Aerokit / 2004 E46 M3 / 2018 M3 comp
Big Swole (09-16-2019)
Old 06-13-2020, 04:28 PM
GrizzlyHippo
Intermediate

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

Just resurrecting this thread to add my name to the list of happy customers. One of my Covid-19 lockdown internet research projects was to read up about the DSC module. I’d seen it mentioned here and there but didn’t really know what it was or what it did. After a lot of reading here and on the Design911 forum I bit the bullet and bought a DSC module. It’s expensive and I was still sceptical, but I am happy to say it’s amazing. Our country roads here in the UK are quite awful. I bought my My 997.2 Targa 4S at the beginning of this year so didn’t get to drive it much before lockdown, but I drove enough to feel that it rattled and shook over the bumpy roads compared to my Mercedes.

The DSC has changed all that. It has smoothed out the bumps. The car doesn’t rattle through holes in the road any more, it just soaks them up and doesn’t unsettle the rest of the car.

So, just brilliant. Best value suspension update you can make to your 997.
The following 2 users liked this post by GrizzlyHippo:
Big Swole (06-13-2020), Tom@TPC Racing (06-14-2020)
Old 06-13-2020, 06:30 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Glad to hear you like it! Most everyone does.

Great product.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:49 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

Are there any recent updates and recommended programming for the disc unit?... mine is still the white boxed version for the 997,2..
Old 06-14-2020, 03:02 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 205 Likes on 178 Posts

Great to hear! Lot of people love the units esp for a daily driver.

Not sure how your packaging is, don't think that determines which version you have. Do you recall when you bought it?

For anyone interested, we do have some units in stock.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
BC Forged / Soul Performance / Akrapovic / Bilstein / HRE / AL13 / CSF + more

Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Quick Reply: DSC module satisfaction