Upgrade to Multifunction Steering Wheel 997.1 - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 997 Forum
Reload this Page >

Upgrade to Multifunction Steering Wheel 997.1

Notices
997 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrade to Multifunction Steering Wheel 997.1

Old 01-11-2019, 11:26 PM
doclouie
User

Originally Posted by CrossT View Post
Took my car to a dealer and they say I need to have a different controller, harness, etc. So, they couldnít make it work.

Bummer!

Havenít quite given up yet, but Iím close...

todd
07 C2S cab
09 957 GTS
I am assuming you mean your 07 C2S. What harness, wheel and module do you have? They may just not know how to do it. My 997.2 has a 07 997.1 steering wheel. Three dealers told me it cannot be done and then one said they will try. Guess what? It worked.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:58 AM
CrossT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Right. My 997.1 that came with a standard wheel. I may call a few other dealers in the AZ or SoCal to get their opinion. They were referring to a wiring harness and steering wheel controller for a car that would have come with a MF wheel. As stated on a number of related breads, maybe they just don’t like this kind of work.

thanks
todd
07 C2S cab
09 957 GTS
Old 01-12-2019, 12:47 PM
doclouie
User

There is a module and a harness inside the steering wheel itself, but if you purchased the wheel off EBay it probably was there. The harness will have an orange, yellow and green plug inside. The module is the half moon piece directly right of the hole. Did your wheel have those when you purchased it?
Old 01-12-2019, 02:07 PM
CrossT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Looks like I have the same...

thanks
todd
07 C2S cab
09 957 GTS
Old 01-12-2019, 02:10 PM
doclouie
User

Originally Posted by CrossT View Post
Looks like I have the same...

thanks
todd
07 C2S cab
09 957 GTS
If you have the same setup it sounds like a lazy dealer. There is no official document that I am aware of that they follow. It just needs to be a seasoned tech who really knows his way around a PIWIS.

Have your dealer call Chris Brown at Porsche of North Houston. He has done this several times and knows his stuff.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:41 PM
CrossT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thx doclouie.

It seems clear that this can be accomplished.
I’ll take this project up again later. For now, I put the orig ‘skinny sport’ wheel back on.

Thanks again

todd
07 C2S cab
09 957 GTS

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Upgrade to Multifunction Steering Wheel 997.1

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: