Sponsored by:

Question on GT3 smile vents

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 08:28 AM
Jeremy Hazeltine
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Joehatz
Installed Grill with mine also Zuncoast Grills.

I have a template available if you pay shipping and packing will send it.
keep me in mind after you're done with it. i will be doing mine soon. we should start a "pass it along" thread just for this purpose
Old 05-03-2018, 11:02 AM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Joehatz
Installed Grill with mine also Zuncoast Grills.

I have a template available if you pay shipping and packing will send it.

"Painting fingernail.....red" ? Sorry I can;t help it as another troller put it for all these mods with no functional value.
Seriously, this is beautiful in both form and function. The mesh grill sure took care of the functional side which Stuttgart should have done in the first place.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:07 AM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the offering the template for the job. I don't need it as I got one from another fellow Rennlister. However, Jeremy here might want to touch base with you.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:57 PM
Fined
Three Wheelin'

Received 209 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by henryting
Your comment has no input on my question at all and yet impose your dislike about mods that has nothing to do with function. Normally I don't react to trolls but in this case you are all wet.

To start, "form" and "function" go together. My car is now functionally perfect (knock on wood) and to-date, it is better than when I first bought it. Things that I could do to improve its function, I took care of it. Here is a list of what has been done to my car so far functionally....Installed sports mode that remapped the throttle response, the clutch and slave cylinder has been replaced, transmission oil was changed, radiator flushed and replaced with fresh coolant, brakes pads and rotors were replaced, brake fluid drained and replaced, spark plugs and coils were replaced, RSS engine mount replacing the stock version, engine and cabin filter replaced, oil and filter changed and replaced every 5K miles, windshield washer reservoir replace due to leakage. Yes, there will be other functional work to be done on the car such as replacing the transmission mount and replacing shocks and springs with coil-overs. So far I'm quite happy with the car and I seriously doubt that your claim to functional work is on par with what I've done so far. Yes the list was extensive and apart from the clutch job and the sports mode installation which was done by Fremont Porsche, I did the rest of the work myself. You don't know me and yet impose your thoughts as if people doing all the non-functional mods are clueless.

As I said form and function go together and it is the form factor that needs work. Not everything coming out of Stuttgart gets a thumbs up. As brilliant as the engineers/designers that gave us the 911 they do have screw-ups every now and then. The form factor that people rejected outright is the 996 fried egg headlights. Now why do you think that people reject a factor that has nothing to do with function or performance at all. There are form factors that I am fully capable of improving, obviously stupid on your assumption that its like painting finger nails.

As I said, the front end of my car is a little blend and I tend to improve it with the vents to enhance a bit of contrast with a white car.The other area is the rear bumperettes which has to go as soon as I figure out how-to.

You may have started the thread but I was responding to another user on this forum who did ask for general input. You can keep the panties twisted if you like em that way but do yourself the favor of reading what you respond to. I quoted the other users question in my response. You can read it, assuming the ability to read. I wasn't responding to you at all, even if you need to make everything about you.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:05 PM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Fined
You may have started the thread but I was responding to another user on this forum who did ask for general input. You can keep the panties twisted if you like em that way but do yourself the favor of reading what you respond to. I quoted the other users question in my response. You can read it, assuming the ability to read. I wasn't responding to you at all, even if you need to make everything about you.
Responding to what ??? You're generalizing everybody doing non-functional mods as painting toes nails. What is your contribution to the thread other than trolling the board.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:04 PM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Received 300 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by henryting
Responding to what ??? You're generalizing everybody doing non-functional mods as painting toes nails. What is your contribution to the thread other than trolling the board.
He was responding to me. I used the words 'general consensus', which clearly there will never be. I honestly found the response to be relatively balanced. He clearly thinks it's kinda pointless but also acknowledged that people do lots of things for looks and to each his own.

So I kinda opened that can of worms with my question.

Do have a question though. When the vent goes on, does it look OEM? I see pictures but haven't seen non-OEM install in real life. Is the plastic tight up against the bumper or are there any little gaps at all?
Old 05-03-2018, 03:31 PM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by workhurts
He was responding to me. I used the words 'general consensus', which clearly there will never be. I honestly found the response to be relatively balanced. He clearly thinks it's kinda pointless but also acknowledged that people do lots of things for looks and to each his own.

So I kinda opened that can of worms with my question.

Do have a question though. When the vent goes on, does it look OEM? I see pictures but haven't seen non-OEM install in real life. Is the plastic tight up against the bumper or are there any little gaps at all?
I don't know. I ordered the vents and will definitely eyeball it before cutting up my bumper. If the vents look shoddy I won't install it thats for sure.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:54 PM
Joehatz
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 39 Posts

It fits tight against the Bumper.
You tighten it down from the rear and can adjust it to fit snugly all the way round.
Lots of controversy whether to fit one or not. No practical purpose for it except looks but isn"t that the same with changing wheels isn't that for looks 90% of the time.
Personal I like the look and if you want to take it back to original there are lots of bumpers available for around $250.00

Quick Reply: Question on GT3 smile vents