Sponsored by:

Installed Fisters on my 07 S...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 07:37 PM
Lowcountry
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Installed Fisters on my 07 S...

They are very nice with quality welds and finish. I'm not sure how I feel about the sound yet. Sounds glorious over about 4500rpm, but below that I'm not completely sold yet I guess. Maybe it's because I really enjoyed the induction sound I was getting at 4000rpm with stock setup, and now the mufflers drown out all induction sound. I'm gonna keep driving it and see what happens.
Old 04-03-2018, 04:17 PM
UK2
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I installed them on my 2008 S last year, and your experience with them sounds much like mine. After a year I might be switching back to stock.
Old 04-03-2018, 04:20 PM
shyamvenky
Burning Brakes

Received 168 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by UK2
I installed them on my 2008 S last year, and your experience with them sounds much like mine. After a year I might be switching back to stock.
I'm considering Fister/Gundo for my 05 C2 that has stock mufflers currentlu.. let me know if you want to swap mufflers
Old 04-03-2018, 04:27 PM
WhipE350
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

I went with Agency instead. I found one place selling for much less than others. At first I was like OMG loud. What followed though was months of enjoyment and a new found love for the red line. It changed completely how I drove. I found the sound of a screaming Porsche to be very nice. I have buddy with a 991 Cab and he loves the sound of the air induction being piped in. I’ve offered to install secondary bypass but he is worried about losing the induction sound.
Old 04-03-2018, 04:34 PM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

I have found that the exhaust sound on these cars is really for those outside the car, not the driver. There's so much induction noise in the cabin. Go through a tunnel with the windows down and see what you are missing!
Old 04-03-2018, 04:57 PM
bhvrdr
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

I agree with that and I'd also add that imo these engines aren't all that good sounding under part throttle and low rpm and low load situations. the engine sounds good under full load being wound out.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:03 PM
rickdogg82
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Love mine. Will never go back.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:52 PM
96Tiger
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I love the Fisters vs stock on my 09. Besides higher rpms I think it sounds much better at idle and during downshifts.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:19 PM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

Received 743 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by cosm3os
I have found that the exhaust sound on these cars is really for those outside the car, not the driver. There's so much induction noise in the cabin. Go through a tunnel with the windows down and see what you are missing!
I agree. The in-cabin sound is immediately noticeable but coming from all front engine cars, I feel like I cannot hear the exhaust properly. I let my friend do some blasts up on Angeles Crest in my 911 and I also had my wife film a cold start, and the Fister exhaust sounds great from the outside of the car.

I am new to the forum, so IDK how to upload videos yet but I put the youtube clip of a cold start online

The reason I post it, is not because it is accurate but because it does not sound like this at all in car.

Also, with my friend following me in his ZCP M3 with MPE, his car sounds like a motorcycle popping and crackling in M-mode. I can barely hear my own pops and crackles on downshift but they are noticeable outside the car even though they are not ECU tuned into the car like in some new models.

On this topic, I was thinking of blocking the intake muffler thingy. Have any of you guys tried this? It should make the induction noise louder at all RPMs.

Last edited by jamesinger; 04-05-2018 at 10:30 PM.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:45 PM
bhvrdr
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

yeah I enjoy the intake noise from blocking the resonator. IMO its better than the exhaust note.

Here's the EVOMS intake which sounds somewhat similar to blocking the resonator (I had done that previously)...

Here's my Milltek Supercups BTW. They sound fine but IMO this engine is just not that great sounding of an engine until WOT in the upper band.

Mike
Old 04-03-2018, 07:15 PM
Lowcountry
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts

So, I drove the car to work and back today, then went and ran errands in it. I had the windows down the whole time. I have to say that it has really grown on me. I don't think my wife will like it, but I didn't buy the car for her. Looking forward to spending more time field-testing it!
Old 04-03-2018, 07:24 PM
ogun228
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Well, it not only will grow on you but more importantly, you'll come to appreciate the lack of annoying drone during your first long trip.
I love their relatively tame sound at normal speeds and the transformation upon acceleration. Had them on my 996 and have them on the 997. .
As a bonus, no emissions problems and the price with cores is affordable. He makes no hp gains claims either. Honest guy.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:45 PM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

Received 743 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by Lowcountry
So, I drove the car to work and back today, then went and ran errands in it. I had the windows down the whole time. I have to say that it has really grown on me. I don't think my wife will like it, but I didn't buy the car for her. Looking forward to spending more time field-testing it!
on the wife note, my wife HATED both my EVOs. I had 2 of them that both had 2.3L motors with 3" turbo back exhausts straight through. Both were built for the track primarily. My wife said she actually would feel anger when she would hear/feel the car. The second EVO, she refused to even ride in, lol. In any case, she seems cool with the 997 C2S with the Fisters. My only car she liked was a 2012 Avant that was stock, and she drives an i3 (and a Leaf before that), so she is a pretty good indicator. She pretty much hates car noise and car stuff.

Quick Reply: Installed Fisters on my 07 S...