Sponsored by:

Sold my 2007 C2S. Want to thank the 997 forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 12:15 AM
WhipE350
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Sold my 2007 C2S. Want to thank the 997 forum

Well I thought I would be with my 997.1 for a long time but I made a super low ball offer on a 2017 C2S that wasn't selling because of some ugly stickers, my offer was just a joke but they accepted it. Plus I'm getting a free wrap May 1st. I actually would have enjoyed keeping both, I had put a ton into the 997 and with the Agency exhaust it was a blast to rev to red line.
I had zero interest in a 991.1, I had driven them for years and they just got boring to me. About a year ago I drove a 2017 C4S and a C2S and was blown away, told my dealer they finally got it right. To me if felt more like a 997 than a 991, I can't fully explain that but it was a feeling I got. I was amazed. It felt smaller and the low end torque and rear wheel steering are great. Not sure why it felt smaller, maybe the sport steering wheel , who knows.
I called the whole experience the Walmart Syndrome, you know when you walk in and a TV selling for $1800 elsewhere is $659 at Walmart. Not that you have to have it but hey it so cheap.
I wanted to say the 997 section of Rennlist is as good a crowd at the 986forum bunch are. Great group of helpful folks. Very few folks posting in threads with some comments that don't contribute at all. Not sure I've seen that level of constraint on the 991 side .
Anyway here is the new rocket. I have removed all the top side stickers except for a strip down the middle. They will come off next month. There were 225 of these Endurance Racing Editions made worldwide, though I see it adding zero resale value down the road. It does have some great options though. For me it doesn't get any better than this, I had considered a 2015 GT3 but I probably would have found the ride too stiff. The ride on this one is stiffer than most though, but still livable even for a dude like me with not the best back. I'll take better pictures later. Oh and it came with this awesome cover!

Old 04-02-2018, 02:23 AM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Nice car. I would say that would be an upgrade.

I would leave the stickers and see if it would grow on you. It looks good with the black color.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:43 AM
shekmark
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats. I like the stickers in the photo. Unique.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:46 AM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 133 Posts

Leave the stickers.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:42 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,160 Likes on 3,925 Posts

Congrats on the new ride. If the car has PASM look into TPC's DSC box for it where you'll be able to soften the straight line ride, but have it stiffen automatically based on G-forces for on-ramps, etc. That's how I have my 997 with full track suspension setup and its still perfectly comfortable for multi-hour trips.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:54 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by WhipE350
Plus I'm getting a free wrap May 1st.
Congrats on your new 991. But, be careful with this. Last thing you want is a price sensitive PPF. It might be "free' for a reason.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:46 AM
Flat_Six_
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Congrats on the new car - please post some interior photos!
Old 04-02-2018, 05:13 PM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 161 Posts

Congrats on the new ride!! You will be missed in the 997 forum. You were a great help.

Re stickers...at first I didnt like it, but its grown on me in the 60 seconds ive been reading this post :-) I like the stripes, but might like it better if it was toned down without the graphics.

It will look sweet either way so enjoy it.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:53 PM
WhipE350
Burning Brakes

Thanks everyone. Yeah I wasn't clear, it had more stickers/decals (see picture below). I've removed most of them and it was a ton of work. I'll remove the rest when I get it wrapped. For the wrap I was sent to a shop and didn't like them, found one closer I really like and dealer agreed it was OK. Here is the link to the Edition info, look at page ten to see the specifics of what the extra $14k was for, OUCH! I basically didn't pay for that option. https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...dition_pcl.pdf

I need to figure find/read exactly what is happening when PDCC is selected, I know what it does for stability in corners, and it includes PASM Sport Suspension, but it seems to stiffen the car up even more, beyond what Sport and Sport Plus modes do. Here are the options:

Here is what it looked like with all the stickers/decals. Beautiful on the white car but dealers across the country found them hard to sell on the black cars. There is a gentleman on the 991 forum that got one and loves it too.

Old 04-03-2018, 03:17 PM
Abe Froman
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by WhipE350
Thanks everyone. Yeah I wasn't clear, it had more stickers/decals (see picture below). I've removed most of them and it was a ton of work. I'll remove the rest when I get it wrapped. For the wrap I was sent to a shop and didn't like them, found one closer I really like and dealer agreed it was OK. Here is the link to the Edition info, look at page ten to see the specifics of what the extra $14k was for, OUCH! I basically didn't pay for that option. https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...dition_pcl.pdf

I need to figure find/read exactly what is happening when PDCC is selected, I know what it does for stability in corners, and it includes PASM Sport Suspension, but it seems to stiffen the car up even more, beyond what Sport and Sport Plus modes do. Here are the options:

Here is what it looked like with all the stickers/decals. Beautiful on the white car but dealers across the country found them hard to sell on the black cars. There is a gentleman on the 991 forum that got one and loves it too.

I like the side stickers, they still remind future buyers it is a special edition, and would keep them.
The hood/roof/deck ones are a bit much.
Congrats on the new car! Which color wrap?
Old 04-03-2018, 04:59 PM
WhipE350
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Abe Froman
I like the side stickers, they still remind future buyers it is a special edition, and would keep them.
The hood/roof/deck ones are a bit much.
Congrats on the new car! Which color wrap?
Yeah the side ones are nice. Porsche says they will sell the stickers forever so when the time comes I can just buy more if needed. Hopefully that will be many years from now and maybe Porsche buying disease is finally healed.
So far I’m looking at gloss gray and gloss dragon fire red metallic. Leaning towards the red. Both would be done with a black roof and black accents. Either way it should be a fun experience. I’ve had many black cars and i know how to keep them nice but I really want to drive this one a lot and besides the Cayenne GTS is a bear to clean.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:41 AM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 161 Posts

If I may ask, what did they give you for your 997?

Quick Reply: Sold my 2007 C2S. Want to thank the 997 forum