Tyztoy
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

But then she would be faster than me and i would have to add a blower...LOL
Old 03-15-2018, 03:30 PM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

The only thing that I can add is that it depends on the seats. I had basic sports seats in an “S” and it was a totally fine DD. In my GTS I have Sports Buckets and it is a crappy DD. And it isn’t about being limber (I could stand up right now, lean forward and touch my palms to the floor), it is just a drag getting in and out of over and over when doing DD type of activities. Maybe if I drove it to work and back it would be fine, but thats not the typ eof DD I do.
Old 03-15-2018, 03:33 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,552 Likes on 4,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Tcc1999
The only thing that I can add is that it depends on the seats. I had basic sports seats in an “S” and it was a totally fine DD. In my GTS I have Sports Buckets and it is a crappy DD. And it isn’t about being limber (I could stand up right now, lean forward and touch my palms to the floor), it is just a drag getting in and out of over and over when doing DD type of activities. Maybe if I drove it to work and back it would be fine, but thats not the typ eof DD I do.
Yup, the full power adaptive sport seat plus versions are the best Porsche seat for all around duty. Sport Buckets for more track focused and the Comfort seats shouldn't be in any of them unless you're really small.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:11 PM
Fined
Three Wheelin'

Received 209 Likes on 141 Posts

I'll trade you my sports adaptive seats for your sport buckets!
Old 03-15-2018, 08:07 PM
J_D
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I had no idea the prices of these have been climbing this high. I have a guards red, sand beige leather, w/aero kit 2011 GTS.

I love the CL's and the way the car drives. I never tracked it, but my DD is a 2013 Cayenne GTS that's Carmine Red, that's pretty close to its twin.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:13 PM
J_D
Instructor

Old 03-15-2018, 11:25 PM
scorcherjf
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by J_D
I had no idea the prices of these have been climbing this high. I have a guards red, sand beige leather, w/aero kit 2011 GTS.

I love the CL's and the way the car drives. I never tracked it, but my DD is a 2013 Cayenne GTS that's Carmine Red, that's pretty close to its twin.
Wow! Sweet looking GTS.

As much as I'd love to have the aerokit on my GTS - I don't think the lip would survive DD duty or winters
Old 03-15-2018, 11:43 PM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts
Default Hate those center lock wheels !

Originally Posted by quickxotica
Before you buy a GTS as a daily driver, I recommend you do a deep dive on the process of changing Porsche center-lock wheels. It's not for everybody.
Supposed to speed up tire change in the pits. Guaranteed to be screwed up if you ever visit a tire shop to service your wheels. I needs special grease, applied to specific thread areas, torque down to exact values, then loosen it to be torque down again to make sure its seated correctly. I guarantee you having sleepless nights wondering if the procedure was done correctly fearing that a wheel will come off in the middle of freeway cruiising.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:55 PM
J_D
Instructor

Originally Posted by henryting
Supposed to speed up tire change in the pits. Guaranteed to be screwed up if you ever visit a tire shop to service your wheels. I needs special grease, applied to specific thread areas, torque down to exact values, then loosen it to be torque down again to make sure its seated correctly. I guarantee you having sleepless nights wondering if the procedure was done correctly fearing that a wheel will come off in the middle of freeway cruiising.
Never lost a wink over that. Been pretty much trouble free on my car. It does go the dealer for service though, so I feel that is an overblown concern, mostly from people who don't even own CL's in the first place.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:58 PM
J_D
Instructor

Originally Posted by scorcherjf
Wow! Sweet looking GTS.

As much as I'd love to have the aerokit on my GTS - I don't think the lip would survive DD duty or winters
I had that issue on a 997.1 S that had a factory kit installed, but as you can see on this one, I have had no issues, it does sit higher than my last car. This one even has the lip painted. In winter that could for sure be an issue.

I did like the fact that the wheel lips on my car were also powder coated and not silver, and the CL locks are red. Nicely executed from the previous owner.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:54 AM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Fined
I'll trade you my sports adaptive seats for your sport buckets!
Man, a few years ago I’d have been all over your offer. But my wife had an Audi S3 and I bought her a Macan GTS for X-mas so the S3 is now my DD. My GTS is now my weekend/track fun car, and for that purpose the Sports Buckets are magical. I ordered my GTS and my sales guy told me to spec the buckets b/c if I hated them I’d have no problem breaking even on an exchange (thet were about a $4 K option at the time). BTW, the Macan GTS is an exceptional car/SUV. It wants to be a 911 so bad. My wife is so enamored with it that she wants to take it to the track!

be a 911
Old 03-16-2018, 01:54 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,037 Likes on 734 Posts

On my second 997 now with the sports buckets and that's sort of how I felt at first with the -09 C4S launch car. But somehow - can't really explain how - I developed an easy in and out of those seats and it became a non issue. No argument, they will never be as easy as any of the standard seats but the connectivity you get with the car once seated in the buckets is worth the small extra effort to me all day long. Granted, on a typical day I probably only get in and out of the car 3 or 4 times so your situation may be different.

Quick Reply: GTS as daily driver