Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2 Prices

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 08:55 PM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 124 Posts

I do like the wider body look, but it is more about winter driving. This will be a DD and I will keep it as long as possible. I think I am going to need to look for an S instead of a 4 or 4s. I am fine with higher mileage ones, but it does not seem like there are many out there. It must be a stick though. My boys need to learn to drive a stick and I just love it anyway. I appreciate all the comments and help.
Old 02-04-2018, 01:07 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,008 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by doclouie
I do like the wider body look, but it is more about winter driving. This will be a DD and I will keep it as long as possible. I think I am going to need to look for an S instead of a 4 or 4s. I am fine with higher mileage ones, but it does not seem like there are many out there. It must be a stick though. My boys need to learn to drive a stick and I just love it anyway. I appreciate all the comments and help.
FWIW.....I've been in similar situations a number of times but never compromised. I would hate to spend what's considerable money to most people and then have regrets. Like sitting in traffic, next to or behind the car I REALLY wanted would make me pissed off at myself I think. Just me but I would finance the difference (which isn't huge) or just wait a bit and save up for what's missing. I hope those who say the 997.2's are done depreciating are right but I'm not so sure. My GTS has 56K miles on it now. It's my DD and I just can't imagine it'll be worth the same a year from now with another 8K miles on it.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:57 AM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
FWIW.....I've been in similar situations a number of times but never compromised. I would hate to spend what's considerable money to most people and then have regrets. Like sitting in traffic, next to or behind the car I REALLY wanted would make me pissed off at myself I think. Just me but I would finance the difference (which isn't huge) or just wait a bit and save up for what's missing. I hope those who say the 997.2's are done depreciating are right but I'm not so sure. My GTS has 56K miles on it now. It's my DD and I just can't imagine it'll be worth the same a year from now with another 8K miles on it.
Might be done depreciating until we hit another recession. You could buy a 993 back in 2009 for around 25-30% of today's prices. When **** hits the fan, sports cars, pleasure boats, RV's, and vacation houses are the first to get liquidated.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:50 AM
shekmark
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All this talk makes me feel lucky to have found my 4S cab MT ( 50K mi), for 53K, and local no less. In did not realize they were rare. In fact I did not really want or need the and, but liked the color and features so went with it.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:45 AM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

Sand wedge, I totally get the regret things and I like you may feel it if I did pull up to that car I really wanted to buy.

I will continue to search each day. Two things that I must have is a stick and I don’t want a IMS or piston/cylinder wall scraping so that puts me in a 997.2. Hard decisions. I want to enjoy life and right now with the kids being younger I have more disposable income. Once they hit college in a few years that disposable income will all disappear and who knows if I will ever buy my 911 until I would be too old to really enjoy it. Just thinking as I type. Thanks for humoring me.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:04 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by shekmark
All this talk makes me feel lucky to have found my 4S cab MT ( 50K mi), for 53K, and local no less. In did not realize they were rare. In fact I did not really want or need the and, but liked the color and features so went with it.
Great buy and one of the best colors too. Love Atlas. Looks black sometimes and at other times black with a dark bluish or gunmetal streak to it.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:16 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by doclouie
Sand wedge, I totally get the regret things and I like you may feel it if I did pull up to that car I really wanted to buy.

I will continue to search each day. Two things that I must have is a stick and I don’t want a IMS or piston/cylinder wall scraping so that puts me in a 997.2. Hard decisions. I want to enjoy life and right now with the kids being younger I have more disposable income. Once they hit college in a few years that disposable income will all disappear and who knows if I will ever buy my 911 until I would be too old to really enjoy it. Just thinking as I type. Thanks for humoring me.
Exactly my point. I've been there and I did not want to find myself thinking back on what it would have been like to drive the car I really wanted but never bought. So I financed part of some purchases to get what I wanted and just made it work. Heck, the way some guys are talking here now you may get more than you paid for it down the road if you have to sell it. I'm sure you've worked hard like I have so nothing wrong with fulfilling a dream now and then within financial reason.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:42 AM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by dgjks6
Woohoo! 1200 997.2 Carrera 4 cabs! My car is now worth $1,000, 000!

I'll take the first $50k.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:19 PM
drstenso
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know where we might find 997.2 MT production numbers?

Cheers,
Old 02-05-2018, 07:03 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

^^^^ not made public by Porsche
Old 02-05-2018, 07:12 PM
mrhebert
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 48 Posts

I found out a long time ago,1986 to be exact, that living in snow and ice country, watching your beautiful 911 get blasted by the rocks and crap they throw down for traction, will make one start thinking, we need another car$ wheel or all wheel drive. Sacrifice a beater to the snow Gods, not a 911.Try buying a 911 windshield sometime. You might drive a C4S in the winter, but you won't drive it long, I promise.
Old 02-05-2018, 07:17 PM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

Never thought about that. I currently live in Texas where we don’t get snow. I love the cold. Thanks for the thought. I appreciate it.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:42 PM
urbanscribe
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Rules 1. and 2.
1. Don't under research
2. Don't over think
If you find a well documented, properly PPIed or CPOed, within budget car you enjoy driving you will get three things:
A. It will make you happy to drive it
B. You will start understanding how you would improve the model you want next, NA v. Turbo, RWD vs AWD, manual vs. PDK, 997/991.X etc
C. You will get a bid when you go to the next car

You also need to figure - importantly - if you are the type of person who can be happy with multiple solutions or will only be happy finding the exact checklist clearing car. Some people can be happy with either a 997 Turbo S or a 991 C4S dropping $90-100k, some will only be happy with the one car.

GLWP
Old 02-05-2018, 08:44 PM
Hula
Burning Brakes

Received 202 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by mrhebert
I found out a long time ago,1986 to be exact, that living in snow and ice country, watching your beautiful 911 get blasted by the rocks and crap they throw down for traction, will make one start thinking, we need another car$ wheel or all wheel drive. Sacrifice a beater to the snow Gods, not a 911.Try buying a 911 windshield sometime. You might drive a C4S in the winter, but you won't drive it long, I promise.
mrhebert speaks the truth but I'm just a fool for a 911 in the snow. My Cayenne is a much better option for hauling up and down the mountains but I'm committed to using my C4S for skiing. Or maybe I should be committed for using my C4S for skiing. I Xpel'ed the whole front of the car and it's doing its job against the gritty sand but low ground clearance is an issue when the snow gets deep. I've cracked my side skirts and lost a brake duct after two seasons but both were in severe conditions. Damage wasn't too serious and easily fixable but if you want it for winter duty you've got to be at peace with some risk. Same with guys who take the 911 to the track. After all, "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

5 inches forecasted tonight and another 3 in the morning. I might change my opinion tomorrow.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:48 PM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

I am a sucker for speed, but that is what happens when you grow up in Detroit. Had a strip car that did the quarter in a little over 9 seconds. That is fast. Looks like I will be looking for a 997.2 sport here on out. Not sure if a base will fit my fancy always knowing for a little more I could have had a faster car.

Oh oh what I would give to live back in cold country and ski the powder at Alta or Grand Targhee.

Quick Reply: 997.2 Prices