DELETE

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 11:57 PM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default DELETE

DELETE

Last edited by SoCal RJ; 11-10-2017 at 10:04 AM.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:10 AM
rwdds
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts

Seems very pricey for a stock Carrera. You could probably locate a very nice 997.1 S for that amount. Otherwise, very nice!

Good luck on your vision quest.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:44 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,008 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal RJ
Been looking for a while now and have considered Caymans, Boxsters, and of course, 911's. Finally drove a 911 and I think that is the one for me. Need a convertible for here in SoCal. Looked at a lot of them online, but none of them seemed like the right fit. Found this one today, but I can't get there until Monday to look at it. Pricey (Beverly Hills Porsche) and at the top of my budget, but a nice 2 owner, low mileage (26,500) car that just had a service at the dealership. Not many options listed though. Also, a unique color combination that I'm guessing is fairly rare. Taking my checkbook with me and ready to pull the trigger if it is what is shows to be.

How rare is the color combination, with the Carrera White body and Metropol Blue interior and top? I have not seen one yet in a 911, only a similar color in a Boxster. Anyone have one like it?

Thanks. RJ

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=460623871&zip=92223&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D92223%26startYear%3D2008%26sortBy%3Dr elevance%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D0%26endYear%3D2008%26modelC odeList%3D911%26makeCodeList%3DPOR%26searchRadius%3D200&startYear=2008&n umRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2008&modelCodeList=911&makeCodeList=P OR&searchRadius=200&makeCode1=POR&modelCode1=911
Beverly Hills Porsche Read this horror story before doing biz with them.
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-poor-car.html

One of the longest threads ever so to save you time, Beverly Hills Porsche is the dealership the thread starter bought the car from. He's not calling them out until pretty deep into that mess.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:47 AM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rwdds
Seems very pricey for a stock Carrera. You could probably locate a very nice 997.1 S for that amount. Otherwise, very nice!

Good luck on your vision quest.
I'm guessing they will certainly take less. KBB says $2,000 over and NADA says about right. Recent full service is a factor. But, when the right one calls, if it is the right one, I won't remember the price but just the car. Thanks. RJ
Old 11-09-2017, 12:51 AM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sandwedge

One of the longest threads ever so to save you time, Beverly Hills Porsche is the dealership the thread starter bought the car from. He's not calling them out until pretty deep into that mess.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind of course. But, doesn't mean this is not not the right one for me. I will go see it and drive it. Not CPO car too. RJ
Old 11-09-2017, 03:56 AM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thats the first white metropol cab Ive seen, but I dont look for cabs. Im a hardtop manual guy. Looks good in pics, get a PPI offsite. If they balk, walk at that price.

Edit, just reread the linked thread....wouldnt buy from BHP out of principal.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:07 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,166 Likes on 3,930 Posts

You really want a Tiptronic transmission? That car is going to be an uninspiring drive - base model with Tiptronic is not a good combination if you're looking for any sort of sporty 911 driving experience. Don't let the color combination make your decision on which car you buy, not from that dealer, and not anywhere near that price unless your plans for it are to just stroll down Rodeo Drive and park it in front of the stores.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:23 AM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Petza914
You really want a Tiptronic transmission? That car is going to be an uninspiring drive - base model with Tiptronic is not a good combination if you're looking for any sort of sporty 911 driving experience. Don't let the color combination make your decision on which car you buy, not from that dealer, and not anywhere near that price unless your plans for it are to just stroll down Rodeo Drive and park it in front of the stores.
That is why I posted this, to get feedback from actual owners. Good points all of you. Thanks. RJ
Old 11-09-2017, 10:40 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

The other thing to keep in mind with rare interior colors is if you ever want to make any changes to anything, it will be near impossible to find the parts you're looking for used. With my black interiors, if I ever wear out my seat bolsters, I can just buy another used seat with black leather from the Marketplace, I can get a black center console top, other CF trim if I want to add more of that, etc. With Metrolpol blue, what you have in the car is probably what you'll have in the car long term unless you order new from a dealer or pay someone like Exclusive Option or Classic 9 to recover something in your color.

Also, a bit of trivia - Carrara white as an exterior color is spelled differently (all "a"s) vs the Carrera model of our cars (with an "e") as it's named from a white Italian marble.

Find yourself an S with Full Leather Interior so you get the leather dash and door tops, and then any other options you want. If you don't want a MT, then you may want to go up to at least 2009 for your search to get the PDK trans over the tiptronic, but a 997.2 cab is going to be quite a bit more $ than a base model 997.1 Tip, unless you were actually going to buy this one, which is price at least $10,000 high for what it is.

Also, don't be afraid of some miles as these cars hold up better with regular use than they do sitting, so finding a really low-mileage example isn't the bonus you think it is coming from other brands where this is the goal - service records and proper care are more important than miles, and many of us on here have 100k miles or more on our 997s (both .1s and .2s).
Old 11-09-2017, 10:52 AM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,450 Likes on 956 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Funny how some P car drivers feel about TIPS.

Drive a TIP 997.1 base hard and bounce off Redline never fearing overrev on a canyon road and if you were my passenger it would take you several days to get the smile off your face.

Add PSE or Fister and it could be a week.

TIPS get a bad wrap mostly from MT P car drivers that have never driven one as designed!
Old 11-09-2017, 11:01 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996AE
Funny how some P car drivers feel about TIPS.

Drive a TIP 997.1 base hard and bounce off Redline never fearing overrev on a canyon road and if you were my passenger it would take you several days to get the smile off your face.

Add PSE or Fister and it could be a week.

TIPS get a bad wrap mostly from MT P car drivers that have never driven one as designed!
I've driven one, and actually own a Tip S in my 957 Turbo S Cayenne, which is why I'm a MT owner in all my sports cars. A C2S with Tip S is slower 0-60 than a base 3.6 with MT which means the transmission alone carries a 50 HP handicap in real world performance. No other choice in the Cayenne and for what that vehicle is, it's OK, but not in a sports car - sorry.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:09 AM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

Found this one too, which may be a better choice. Keep the comments coming, all very interesting and educational. RJ

http://www.phillipsauto.com/vehicle-...ca-id-20900054
Old 11-09-2017, 11:12 AM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

"Also, a bit of trivia - Carrara white as an exterior color is spelled differently (all "a"s) vs the Carrera model of our cars (with an "e") as it's named from a white Italian marble."

Interesting. Thought I saw that somewhere but figured it was a typo. Thanks. RJ
Old 11-09-2017, 11:51 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SoCal RJ
Found this one too, which may be a better choice. Keep the comments coming, all very interesting and educational. RJ

http://www.phillipsauto.com/vehicle-...ca-id-20900054
That one is SOOOOO much better. Better transmission, better price, also I think it's fairly rare to find a non-S that has both Bose and Sport Chrono upgrades.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:55 AM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge

I second this. Every time I heard about them this thread comes in mind.

Quick Reply: DELETE