Sponsored by:

DELETE

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 11:59 AM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 996AE
Funny how some P car drivers feel about TIPS.

Drive a TIP 997.1 base hard and bounce off Redline never fearing overrev on a canyon road and if you were my passenger it would take you several days to get the smile off your face.

Add PSE or Fister and it could be a week.

TIPS get a bad wrap mostly from MT P car drivers that have never driven one as designed!
Help out a newbie. PSE or Fister?? - don't know these terms.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:02 PM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Petza914
That one is SOOOOO much better. Better transmission, better price, also I think it's fairly rare to find a non-S that has both Bose and Sport Chrono upgrades.
I think you are right. That place is supposed to be pretty good and they have many others to look at in my price range. B.H. Porsche does not.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:51 PM
shekmark
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got my 2010 C4S Cab, with MT and 2 yr CPO for 53K . From a dealer. Now, granted it does have 50K miles on it, but it's really nice!. So, I think 46 is too much for the 2008 white cab. I wanted a MT , but PDK is really cool if you like auto trans.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:38 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 412 Likes on 243 Posts

Second car has some nice options.

I wouldn't buy from BH Porsche, based on several people's experiences that have posted on this forum.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:13 PM
danilonovelli
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

PSE is the OEM Porsche Sport Exhaust (optional) that is controlled with a button inside the car... by default exhaust is stock; when you press the button volume goes up as it is controlled by a flap valve that opens an outlet in the side mufflers... if the car does not have that option you can install after and it will cost you between 2500 to 3k... IF you dont have PSE, Fister is a mod that can be done to the OEM side mufflers (non PSE) that will give you much better sound than stock, very similar to PSE... u can send your cans in to FIster and they send you a modified set... I think cost is around 350 + shipping

http://fdmotorsports.net/fister-exhaust-997-one/
Old 11-09-2017, 04:18 PM
danilonovelli
Advanced

btw... just looked at the silver option you found and it does not seem to have PSE (no PSE button on dashboard and tail pipes are not PSE)... so Fister can be a good option for the price

one more suggestion, I have sold/purchased several 911s... the PCS site usually has good options in the classifieds... people like you and I buying or selling... and ALWAYS get PPI before you close any deal... cheers
Old 11-09-2017, 04:20 PM
bliq00
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SoCal RJ
I think you are right. That place is supposed to be pretty good and they have many others to look at in my price range. B.H. Porsche does not.
Just beware of early 2005's that don't have the stronger IMS bearing. They are susceptible to the same sort of failures the 996s were.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:20 PM
danilonovelli
Advanced

I meant PCA not PCS

https://www.pca.org/
Old 11-09-2017, 04:55 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,171 Likes on 3,935 Posts

Originally Posted by danilonovelli
btw... just looked at the silver option you found and it does not seem to have PSE (no PSE button on dashboard and tail pipes are not PSE)... so Fister can be a good option for the price
FYI, a car that has Sport Chrono, like this 2nd silver one, won't have a PSE button inside the car. Its activated with the SPORT button. Then the tailpipes are your only clue.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:09 PM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by danilonovelli
PSE is the OEM Porsche Sport Exhaust (optional) that is controlled with a button inside the car... by default exhaust is stock; when you press the button volume goes up as it is controlled by a flap valve that opens an outlet in the side mufflers... if the car does not have that option you can install after and it will cost you between 2500 to 3k... IF you dont have PSE, Fister is a mod that can be done to the OEM side mufflers (non PSE) that will give you much better sound than stock, very similar to PSE... u can send your cans in to FIster and they send you a modified set... I think cost is around 350 + shipping

http://fdmotorsports.net/fister-exhaust-997-one/
cool. The PSE would be nice then. Another car I'm looking at has it.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:10 PM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The 2007 at Phillips is a better buy being a S and a 2007 IMHO. Keep doing what you are doing, it can take a while for the perfect car to drop onto the internet.

I also was all over the place when I was 911 shopping. Looking at 991's 991S's, Stingrays etc. I chose the 997 because I felt it was the last 911 befor turning into a GT car and didnt want a payment. The 991's have done a fairly good job at retaining their value in the used market as opposed to the Stingray. I might pick up a used Stingray down the road just for the fun factor once they bottom out at a digestible level.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:13 PM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bliq00
Just beware of early 2005's that don't have the stronger IMS bearing. They are susceptible to the same sort of failures the 996s were.
Thanks. Looking at 2006 and up.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:17 PM
rickdogg82
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I nearly bought a car from this dealer and can tell you from experience they are great to work with. They delivered the car to the PPI location and were easy to work with when it came time to negotiate. I ultimately passed on the car but would not hesitate to buy one from them.

They do have a lot of inventory and it seems to go quick so if this is not the one bookmark their site and keep checking back. I don'they advertise in the typical classifieds like Auto Trader or Cars.com.

If the car sits I would expect them to come down quite a bit and surely you can get it for less than asking price now.

The first car looks great. Black is the only Porsche interior color that looks good (until you get into deviated colors) but the blue works with the matching top and white exterior. It is unusual so surely there is a guy who has been searching for this combo who would gladly pay a premium for it.

No matter what, you will be happy with whatever you get. Don't worry about the "deal" so much as long as you stay within your budget.

Thanks. Looking at 2006 and up.
And I would not discount 2005. I did early in my search and had a hard time finding the right car. then I opened the search to include 05 and "the" car was staring me in the face. Bought it two days later.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:17 PM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bliq00
Originally Posted by captainbaker
The 2007 at Phillips is a better buy being a S and a 2007 IMHO. Keep doing what you are doing, it can take a while for the perfect car to drop onto the internet.

I also was all over the place when I was 911 shopping. Looking at 991's 991S's, Stingrays etc. I chose the 997 because I felt it was the last 911 befor turning into a GT car and didnt want a payment. The 991's have done a fairly good job at retaining their value in the used market as opposed to the Stingray. I might pick up a used Stingray down the road just for the fun factor once they bottom out at a digestible level.
If you mean the blue one, I love it but out of my budget.

Quick Reply: DELETE