Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LAPower bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 07:50 PM
cchough
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where did you mount the mic in the cabin and how do you handle the power for the wireless mic transmitter? I'm assuming the receiver is plugged into the LaPower unit in the frunk.

Thanks!
Old 04-24-2019, 10:53 PM
gbakerge
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

I mounted the mic on the driver's side sun visor, clipped it on. When not in use, I store it in the center console. The wireless mic receiver plugs into the mic jack on the LA unit and is operated by a small battery. Since most of my drives are short, I keep the receiver off unless I will be in the car for an extended period. The majority of the time, I use the LA power unit to stream music and not talk on the phone, so it is not a hassle for me at all to open the frunk and turn on the mic receiver if I need to do so. Easy install and no fooling around on the interior using this method.
Old 04-26-2019, 09:27 PM
darrenj
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 19 Posts

I have one of these for sale in the classifieds. I had it installed for about 2 weeks then the radio display quit working so I replaced with an aftermarket radio. It worked great.
https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1140384
Old 04-30-2019, 11:33 PM
C4S.Robin
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings, All!

First and foremost, thank you to TheBruce and everyone who has participated in / contributed to this thread over the past 1.5+ years. Very helpful and informative!

I will cut to the chase: I have a 2006 Carrera 4S Cabriolet with Bose package and CD changer in the frunk. I purchased the LAPower / MR12Volt, then found a local shop in Southern California to install it (I'm a complete chicken when it comes to anything electrical). I had the unit installed last week (with microphone attached at upper left corner of windshield / visor). Unit works great. If you are in -- or close to -- the Orange County area, and would rather have someone else mess with the wires, etc., I would recommend Santiago Villalva at the following shop:

Viejo Auto Stereo
24001 Via Fabricante, Suite 1005
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
www.viejoautostereo.com
949-768-0841

Cheers!

Robin
Old 05-02-2019, 05:45 AM
RLR997
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I've got the loop installed on the CDC and removed the phone module and directly plugged the LaPower into the phone MOST connection.

Anyone know the wiring harness colours for the 997.1 phone module? BISK says live is brown/green for a 987 but I only have 3 browns, 2 red/greens, 1 red/white and 1 orange.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:37 AM
RLR997
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jeffblak
On cars that had the phone module, it’s located under the passenger seat. There is a floor plate that the phone module mounts under. Since the MOST ring and power are both available at that location maybe the phone module was removed and the Nav TV unit was installed there? That’s where I put my LaPower unit.
Which cable did you tap for power? I don't have multimeter
Old 05-02-2019, 08:19 PM
cwheeler
Three Wheelin'

Received 372 Likes on 268 Posts

The picture on eBay of this unit has changed. Went ahead and purchased mine today tho. Excited.

Cw
Old 05-03-2019, 04:10 AM
RLR997
Advanced

SUCCESS! I went with the phone module replacement location and fuse piggy back into the D9 location. Works well, now just to figure tidy up the install by:
  • hiding the cables,
  • velcro down the box,
  • route male to female AUX plug into the centre console
I have the "no phone module detected" message but simply bypass it on start up

Anyone know the easiest way to share phonebook to the head unit?
Old 05-07-2019, 05:14 PM
J Free
Advanced

Just picked up one of these and having some trouble-CDR24 with changer-trying to sift through thread, but haven't found an answer yet:

I think everything is patched in correctly, but I can't get anything to stream.

Phone syncs to BT fine, radio/cd play fine (I do have a cd changer additionally) I see one blue light on the left of the unit-BT I believe, no other lights.

If I unplug power, or FO connections everything goes down.

I played with DIP switch settings too-I'm baffled, any thoughts?
Old 05-07-2019, 06:36 PM
jpdp
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you loop the fibre optic cable, or just plug the LAPower unit into where the CD Changer was?
Old 05-07-2019, 06:48 PM
J Free
Advanced

Looped. Put box in cabin. When I toggle the mode selection switch from CDS to CDC it says "no CD." I'm assuming the path of the FO cable is correct otherwise I don't think the radio would play. I tried plugging a USB stick with MP3s into it, didn't try anything with the eighth inch cable.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:01 PM
jpdp
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I had it just automatically stream with my S8 phone, when I switched over to CD. It even shows what track is streaming.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:32 AM
J Free
Advanced

hmmm-do I need to do something with the changer since it's not being used?

edit:it looks like maybe I need to physically disconnect the changer and get some sort of a patch cable to complete the FO circuit. Can anyone confirm and/or point me to the needed part?

EDIT: all's good. I pulled the changer and put a patch cable in

Last edited by J Free; 05-13-2019 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:37 PM
cchough
AutoX

Thanks to all the super helpful information on this thread, I was able to install my LAPower box with almost no swearing! The mic that I bought from Enfig is nice but the housing didn't fit without significant sanding. Fitting the mic alone took almost as much time as the rest of the installation.

Two questions I had:

1. When I fired the stereo up for the first time, I got the Phone module error but it didn't come up in subsequent tests. Does it just reset itself?

2. Also on the first use, in the upper right square of the main display, it listed my name and "Initialized." In subsequent tests, my name didn't reappear. But the phone functionality on the LAPower box is just fine.

Again, thanks to all for the great info/feedback on this thread!
Old 05-22-2019, 12:30 AM
fpajonk
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBruce
Im not sure. I don't totally understand the problem.

As mentioned, I have a single in-dash CD - no CD changer - and it works fine for me.

That being said, I was able to reuse the fiber cable from an old Mobridge previously installed in my car. If there was any issue, maybe it was solved then. I dont know.

Its the same basic install as a Dension or Mobridge so I would search how others have addressed the problem, if it is one.

Sorry couldn't be more helpful.
Same here. Single CD with the Dension installed. Works without a problem. I had the dealer code the CD changer and the Dension stopped working. Turned it back off - all is good (for more than a year now).

Quick Reply: LAPower bluetooth?