Sponsored by:

Good deal? - Used 997.2

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 11:30 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 432 Likes on 309 Posts
Default complete fabrication it's an insurance policy

And whatever is covered in the policy language is covered period. the dealer may even be violating the law by having said this. I would turn them in to your states insurance commisioner.

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
There is no benefit whatsoever except to the stealership you are giving the extra 2K too. The insurance policy sold by fidelity has terms that will either be honored or denied regardless of who sells it.
Old 09-15-2018, 05:40 PM
PNW2015
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

2005 911 Carrera Base Coupe

79K miles

$28K price

Looks like a pretty good deal. Thoughts?

https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-fo...5-porsche-911/
Old 12-08-2018, 07:54 PM
Wasserkühlung
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry wrong post. Will move on my own

Last edited by Wasserkühlung; 12-08-2018 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Wrong post.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:28 AM
Manoverpdk
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 75 Posts

2009 997.2 , c2s, 6sp, PASM, sport chrono, sport seats, Single owner, less than 30k miles, clean Carfax.
Fair asking price on private marker vs. dealer trade in?
Old 12-11-2018, 08:34 AM
LISsailor
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Manoverpdk
2009 997.2 , c2s, 6sp, PASM, sport chrono, sport seats, Bose, nav, black on black, single owner, clean car fax, less than 30k miles.
Ask price 50k. Any thoughts?
Anywhere in the high-forties is a great buy. Clean Carfax doesn’t mean much, however. Get it inspected.
Old 12-30-2018, 04:09 PM
Snapjack
2nd Gear

I’m looking for my first Porche so any opinions would be of great value. Locally saw this CS4 yesterday and it was excellent in appearance. It was my first time in the seat of a 911! To say I was blown away would be putting it mildly! The previous owner just did new brakes and it has new Pilots but the CARFAX has me concerned. Also 5 previous owners gets my antenna twitching. You can see the extensive CF by clicking on the CF logo. 2008 CS4
Old 12-30-2018, 07:32 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Snapjack
I’m looking for my first Porche so any opinions would be of great value. Locally saw this CS4 yesterday and it was excellent in appearance. It was my first time in the seat of a 911! To say I was blown away would be putting it mildly! The previous owner just did new brakes and it has new Pilots but the CARFAX has me concerned. Also 5 previous owners gets my antenna twitching. You can see the extensive CF by clicking on the CF logo. 2008 CS4
It spent a ton of time getting serviced with some major stuff like head gasket and flywheel early in life...could be great for new parts but also a bit of a head scratcher. Also interesting that it went to auction when still almost new and under warranty...get a PPI like most here are going to recommend, and you can do better than that price based on lurking the market for the last few months [Porsche dealer inventory is probably the reason for the higher price]. It is bothersome personally to me that they took 2 crappy exterior pictures and filled the rest of the ad with stock photos, but you've seen the car personally so that doesn't matter
Old 12-30-2018, 08:10 PM
Snapjack
2nd Gear

Car is new to dealership, hence the stock photos. car in person looked remarkably good. Last owner appeared to be meticulous. The CF history is very strange but I wondered if it was my lack of experience looking them over. A lot of entries for service. Removed engine! The history just makes the 5 owner thing more alarming . If they will deal I will do a PPI.
Old 12-31-2018, 02:35 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,041 Likes on 736 Posts

Originally Posted by Snapjack
Car is new to dealership, hence the stock photos. car in person looked remarkably good. Last owner appeared to be meticulous. The CF history is very strange but I wondered if it was my lack of experience looking them over. A lot of entries for service. Removed engine! The history just makes the 5 owner thing more alarming . If they will deal I will do a PPI.
I'm one of those who don't care about the number of owners. All kinds of weird stuff going on in that department. Car moving from one dealership to another for whatever reason, broken lease agreements and I could go on. All that matters to me is a good PPI. I've seen one owner cars that looked like they had to been to hell and back more than once just like I've seen 4 or 5 owner cars as clean as they come with all records. As for the removed engine, could be all kinds of reasons for that.

My GTS was rear ended recently and the body shop (best in the region) insisted on removing the engine so they could properly paint a panel inside the engine compartment that had very minor cosmetic damage. They could easily have skipped that step and nobody had been the wiser, probably for the life of the car but that's not how they work.

Quick Reply: Good deal? - Used 997.2