Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good deal? - Used 997.2

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 08:29 PM
voiceprint1
Burning Brakes

Received 138 Likes on 92 Posts

I would be curious about that flywheel repair, I have never heard of that having to be worked on or replaced, maybe someone in here has some experience, but that would be a red flag for me, like did they have to replace to PDK or was it malfunctioning?
Old 03-25-2018, 03:55 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 432 Likes on 309 Posts
Default Not a Thing

There is no benefit whatsoever except to the stealership you are giving the extra 2K too. The insurance policy sold by fidelity has terms that will either be honored or denied regardless of who sells it.

Originally Posted by Jus2626
I'll check them out, thank you.

Also, does anyone know whether there is any truth to this: My local Porsche dealer told me that the benefit of buying the fidelity powertrain warranty through them is that they inspect the car before issuing the policy so that things cannot later be excluded by fidelity when they made a repair. They want around 2k more than other independent and none porsche dealerships I have spoken to. First, is there any reason why I should get the warranty from Porsche (even though they are both Fidelity powetrain warranties)? Second, what is the benefit of getting it via Porsche, if any? Thanks.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:37 PM
josserman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So locked in on a 2010 base model single owner 45k miles black on black c2 manual rwd for $41K. Don’t have option list but what I’m aware of 18” wheels, bose.. pretty standard. Looks like original rotors/pads so probably will need to be changes in next 5-10kmiles, new tires but pissed they are all season dws (also pissed re71’s apparently don’t come in oem 18” sizes). Overall cars is great shape, super pumped.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:24 PM
Drgleeds37
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, does anyone know whether there is any truth to this: My local Porsche dealer told me that the benefit of buying the fidelity powertrain warranty through them is that they inspect the car before issuing the policy so that things cannot later be excluded by fidelity when they made a repair. They want around 2k more than other independent and none porsche dealerships I have spoken to. First, is there any reason why I should get the warranty from Porsche (even though they are both Fidelity powetrain warranties)? Second, what is the benefit of getting it via Porsche, if any? Thanks.
The only difference in buying the warranty through them is the 30 day period between purchasing the warranty and the beginning of coverage will be waived. In most states dealers provide a 30 day warranty by law anyway so no big deal.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:06 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 432 Likes on 309 Posts
Default the difference is

2k. The terms of the UK insurance policy are the same. If they have not inspected the car why pay the dealer/tax anyway ? I would only buy the platinum
Old 05-23-2018, 01:07 AM
linderpat
Rennlist Member

Received 2,387 Likes on 1,295 Posts

Originally Posted by Drgleeds37

The only difference in buying the warranty through them is the 30 day period between purchasing the warranty and the beginning of coverage will be waived. In most states dealers provide a 30 day warranty by law anyway so no big deal.
Holy smokes Drgleeds - 3 year member and this is your first post
Old 05-23-2018, 01:46 AM
Drgleeds37
Track Day

Originally Posted by linderpat
Holy smokes Drgleeds - 3 year member and this is your first post
lol, long time lurker here 😂😂😂
Old 05-23-2018, 08:51 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts

They are just gouging you. You can negotiate price of warranty as there is a huge mark up and that is how the finance manager makes his money off your deal.

The Fidelity power train warranty on a 53k mile should cost you around $1,500 for 1 year and 24 k miles or around $2k for 2 years and 24k miles. Dealer cost is about $1,200 and $1,500 for just the power train warranty.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:48 AM
Drgleeds37
Track Day

Originally Posted by Doug H
They are just gouging you. You can negotiate price of warranty as there is a huge mark up and that is how the finance manager makes his money off your deal.

The Fidelity power train warranty on a 53k mile should cost you around $1,500 for 1 year and 24 k miles or around $2k for 2 years and 24k miles. Dealer cost is about $1,200 and $1,500 for just the power train warranty.
These numbers sound about right.

I would not recommend getting a power train only warranty on this car because the only components covered are the engine, transmission, and drive axle which are probably the three least likely parts to break. Get a PPI done and don’t waste your money on a warranty unless you are getting a “bumper to bumper”.

Regarding the engine out repair, I wouldn’t be overly concerned since the work was done at a Porsche dealership. If you decide to move forward with the purchase and would like additional info on the repair then shoot me a message and I’ll do some digging for you.

-Daniel
Old 06-28-2018, 10:51 PM
Ricky Singh
Track Day

Default Advice on 997.1 C2S

Completely new to seaching for a 911. I just got out of a F80 M3. I travel a lot for work and only drive on the weekends. Looking to get into an older model 911 that will hold value as an investment as well.

Can you fine gents (and ladies) advise if this is a good deal. Looks to be well speced and low miles.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?entitySelectingHelper.selec tedEntity=d404&latitude=38.87273&longitude=-77.24739#listing=208676190
Old 06-28-2018, 10:53 PM
Ricky Singh
Track Day

Oops, wrong thread!
Old 06-29-2018, 05:28 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Good deal havent seen much around that priced with low miles... looks like it was a CPO in 2015.. get a ppi done like everyone says.... good luck!
Old 08-09-2018, 12:50 PM
Holly
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
Default aftermarket warranty

Hello, My husband and I both got aftermarket warranties from AAA and they were lots more reasonable than the Fidelity one. the AAA ones can be canceled at any time. there may or not be a 30 day / 1000 mile grace period. not totally sure because I was told there was but then my documents indicated there was not. either way puts peace of mind in your pocket. and once you own the car for a year of two you can cancel and get the remaining balance refunded. Not sure if ya'll are aware that AAA writes these or not. I did a lot of calling around and since my car was old and had high miles it was hard to find anyone that would even write one. I feel a little better knowing it is with AAA a trusted company. however, wear and tear are not covered. Recommend getting a price from AAA at least to compare. I don't think one needs to be a member, but not entirely sure about that. Good luck and happy driving!
Holly
Old 08-10-2018, 08:56 PM
Shred
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I called every Porsche Dealership within 50 miles of my location (Calabasas) and have been told by each one that they no longer do PPIs on cars bought from third-parties. Anyone have a suggestion for where still does a PPI close to Calabasas/Woodland Hills area?
I am in your area and I wouldn't use a dealership such as Rusnak in Thousand Oaks or Auto Gallery in Woodland Hills anyway.
Closest to you is probably NARW in Reseda. You can give them a try, I've never used them before personally.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:29 PM
Holly
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Aftermarket warranties

my husband and I both went with AAA (American Automobile Association) warranties there's no inspection required and they cover pretty much bumper to bumper highly recommend looking into them they're much more reasonably priced

Quick Reply: Good deal? - Used 997.2