Fabspeed or Europipe

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 02:59 PM
JP Schnitzer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fabspeed or Europipe

Guys,

I am new to the Porsche world, having recently purchased a beautiful Black X-50 with aerokit....Man does it rock.....I sold my M5 to afford it....Now I am starting to look into some modest things I can do to enhance the car....nothing crazy, but an exhaust is high on the list....These Europipe guys seem to have a very good product as does Fab.....Can anyone sway me one way or the other based on experience with the two systems and companies?????
Old 11-11-2003, 03:45 PM
KPV
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Europipe all the way.
Old 11-11-2003, 04:53 PM
Trojan Man
Burning Brakes

I'm surprised that there is actually a comparison. While Fabspeed is great, Europipe is by far considered the "Rolls Royce" of turbo exhausts.

Just my 2 pfenigs.

Old 11-11-2003, 10:14 PM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Trojan Man
I'm surprised that there is actually a comparison. While Fabspeed is great, Europipe is by far considered the "Rolls Royce" of turbo exhausts.

Just my 2 pfenigs.

I disagree completely, the Fabspeed makes more HP, is lighter, and has less backpressure then the Europipe so how does it not compare?? I think both are good exhaust and I think it comes down to personal sound preference as they are very close in performance, wieght, etc... The Fabspeed is ***** out LOUD (at least the Supersport, I haven't heard the quiet). The fabspeed is more of a "refined" sound if you are not into being heard from a mile away . Please don't take my above comments as "bashing" Europipe, because as I understand its a great exhaust, and probably the same as Fabspeed, just kinda confused about the no comparison thing
Evan
Old 11-12-2003, 12:56 AM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by cjv
Evan,

When I tuned both the Europipe and Fabspeed on my car, the Europipe outperformed the Fabspeed on my dyno tests. That is why the Europipe is still on my car. I have tested five exhausts. Europipe was clearly the best.
Come on Chad, testing parts on your car in no way compares to other "less modified" cars Your car is set up waayyyyy different then any other Turbo out there... Ahhh I don't know...the 2 dyno tests I have seen the Fabspeed came out on top...either way, the fabspeed compares to the Europipe...
Evan
Old 11-12-2003, 02:33 AM
KPV
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cjv,
If you ever are looking to sell your 85mm EP, please let me have first dibs.
Old 11-15-2003, 12:14 PM
Trojan Man
Burning Brakes

Evan,

I hope the 2 dyno tests you are referring to were not sponsored by Fabspeed. In any case, when I was searching for the "perfect" exhaust 7 months ago, I would here much more negative than positive about Fabspeed. Perhaps they have changed since then.

Also, the original question that started this thread is what can be done to ENHANCE the exhaust. IMO, that involves more than just raw power gains. What about fit and finish? Europipe definitely wins in that arena. What about sound? Although I don't own a Europipe (I'm too cheap), I have heard them, and there is no sweeter sound other than a Ferrari with a Tubi.

I would think of Fabspeed as a Z06 Corvette - perhaps just as capable as a TT, but makes a loud raucous and is far less refined.

Old 11-15-2003, 03:11 PM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Trojan Man
Evan,

I hope the 2 dyno tests you are referring to were not sponsored by Fabspeed. In any case, when I was searching for the "perfect" exhaust 7 months ago, I would here much more negative than positive about Fabspeed. Perhaps they have changed since then.

No no, the dynos were done on the same day, same dyno, same car, by an independant tuner who sells both systems...so no "help" involved...
Hell, I am young and like th roar of the Fabspeed, I guess its more personal preference...
Evan
Old 11-15-2003, 09:34 PM
Zippy
Addict
Rennlist Member

I installed a Europipe Stage 2 loud with modified X54 tips to fit the oversized 80mm pipes and love it. Now I just have to wait for spring to hear it again. It's going to be a long winter!

Mike
Old 11-18-2003, 03:42 PM
boqueron
Pro

Could anyone help me with a graph or exel sheet showing the noise level of Fabspeed per RPM's ( 2500rpm---> 72db / etc... ). I am trying to compare "scientifically" both "noises" ( not their sound ). I found Europipe's data but I can not find Fabspeed's.

I am concerned with the "Resonance" inside the cabin. Can anyone confirm if there is any with Fabspeed or/and Europipe?. ( Resonance: an ugly metallic vibration with an ugly metallic noise ) I like to listen from time to time some music while travelling !
Old 11-18-2003, 03:44 PM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

I don't hear any resonence with Fabspeed, however it does drone a lot between 2-3.5K...however I listen to music no problem...
Evan
Old 11-18-2003, 05:31 PM
cobra06
Pro

The drone you're referring to is resonance. Fabspeeds without a doubt do resonate as any of the "pipe" design exhausts will
Old 11-18-2003, 06:34 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

shorties are quiet! Everybody should put shorties on their cars at least once. After that you won't care what kind of sound you have...

PS I loved the one about being an astronaut and seeing the space shuttle launch one time. Kevin, Stephen, my wife and I almost wet ourselves
Old 11-18-2003, 06:41 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by sharkster
shorties are quiet! Everybody should put shorties on their cars at least once. After that you won't care what kind of sound you have...

PS I loved the one about being an astronaut and seeing the space shuttle launch one time. Kevin, Stephen, my wife and I almost wet ourselves
Shark:
When you say shorties, what do you mean??? Muffler bypass pipes like those offered by Fabspeed???
Old 11-18-2003, 09:05 PM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by cobra06
The drone you're referring to is resonance. Fabspeeds without a doubt do resonate as any of the "pipe" design exhausts will
Its not an ugly metalic sound is what I was getting at...its just a very deep drone, not like a tincan inside....
Chris, I am sure Alex is talking about the bypass's, he swears by those things with the ghetto lawnmower tips
Evan

Quick Reply: Fabspeed or Europipe