So what is it with dumbasses in trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 09:14 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan A
WTF is it with them?
Crazy driving comes in all sizes. Trucks that small we normally just call utes (short for utilities) down under, but the title of the thread had me remember a large semi (B-train actually = truck, semi-articulated trailer, second articulated trailer) that repeatedly swerved into the middle of the road exiting each corner on a moderately windy section to straddle both lanes. So he was blocking both directions of travel down every straight - presumably to stop me passing - and quite a danger to any oncoming traffic, though the highway was fairly quiet.

He did this four of five times in a row, returning to our own lane only just before each new bend. Finally he entered a tighter corner where I had enough visibility to blast past on the inside while he was still turning and couldn't easily turn in harder to block me.

Strangest thing that's ever happened to me on the road - like something out of Duel. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duel_%281971_film%29

I thought he might still try to run me off on my way past so I've never been happier to have 500 odd horses fighting my corner.

Quick Reply: So what is it with dumbasses in trucks?