Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2020, 05:58 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by Flat6Music
Robocop bastard!

I don't disagree with that. There are far more dangerous driving behaviors than exceeding the speed limit by 10-15 mph when it is safe to do so.

In the greater Atlanta area running red lights is a city wide epidemic. But do you see law enforcement policing this behavior?? No.

The go carting and bumper clipping (front and back bumpers) on the Interstates is completely out of hand, as is changing lanes without signaling . Do you ever see law enforcement policing this behavior?? No.

It's far more entertaining for law enforcement to sit beside the road and shoot a laser at cars, then haul *** through traffic in pursuit of the Perp. while many times far exceeding the speed that the criminal was doing.

It's all about revenue generation (and letting law enforcement play "drag race")
Old 01-25-2020, 01:31 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,103 Likes on 1,324 Posts

No, because he was hiding, backed in between two cars and he saw me before I saw him. So, yeah, shame on me.
And, I was "allegedly" speeding. But that's why I hired legal council to handle it. They have about a 50% success rate with my cites, so it's worth the gamble.

All in good fun, BigSwoll
Don't take it literally, but that sneaky motor does look like Robocop in that photo.

Btw: Have you ever either intentionally or 'accidentally' (badge open on the seat or...) let it be known that you're an active LEO when you've been pulled over? You don't have to answer, I have good buddies that are cops I'm not anti-law enforcement, just anti-citation when it comes to me
LOL.

All good man.. lol
I just wanted to know If you were a true cop hater or just being wordy like some but obviously know that they have a job to do and the court system is a gamble (win some lose some).

Oh heck yes I let officers know I'm an LEO. Happened last month.. Coming home from a trip, it was raining a bit and I left a light on a hwy. on an open road with a few cars behind me. Didn't see his light bar and I cruise on up to about 75-80 and he lit me up.. He just waited until I got more than 10 over. I handed him my license and dept. ID and told him I was sorry, just in a hurry to get home. He asked me how long I'd been policing and I told him almost 15 years. He just handed it back to me and said, " be careful".

I had plenty of my share of speeding citations back before my LE days.. Paid plenty of fines and was even arrested once for riding a "wheelie" on my sport bike (hired attorney as well and got it all reduced). So I realize it's a "Game". But there a difference between "hating to get caught by the cops" and " hating the cops". Was just wondering which you were. lol

Thanks man!!

Ciao !
Old 01-25-2020, 01:35 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dock

I don't disagree with that. There are far more dangerous driving behaviors than exceeding the speed limit by 10-15 mph when it is safe to do so.

In the greater Atlanta area running red lights is a city wide epidemic. But do you see law enforcement policing this behavior?? No.

The go carting and bumper clipping (front and back bumpers) on the Interstates is completely out of hand, as is changing lanes without signaling . Do you ever see law enforcement policing this behavior?? No.

It's far more entertaining for law enforcement to sit beside the road and shoot a laser at cars, then haul *** through traffic in pursuit of the Perp. while many times far exceeding the speed that the criminal was doing.

It's all about revenue generation (and letting law enforcement play "drag race")

Yes we do. Just because you never seen, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Besides, every dept. in GA / USA are short handed due to the political climate and "hating", along with being under paid.

People love "hate" and make assumption like you're doing now. THIS attitude is a HUGE factor as to why we / everyone CAN'T find enough qualified people to do this job anymore.

Careful what you wish for...

Sorry for derail folks....It's my fault.... (Dock in you wanna start a cop hating thread, feel free. I'll play).
The following users liked this post:
blazen244 (03-15-2020)
Old 01-25-2020, 04:02 PM
pancing
Drifting

Received 247 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
LOL.

All good man.. lol
I just wanted to know If you were a true cop hater or just being wordy like some but obviously know that they have a job to do and the court system is a gamble (win some lose some).

Oh heck yes I let officers know I'm an LEO. Happened last month.. Coming home from a trip, it was raining a bit and I left a light on a hwy. on an open road with a few cars behind me. Didn't see his light bar and I cruise on up to about 75-80 and he lit me up.. He just waited until I got more than 10 over. I handed him my license and dept. ID and told him I was sorry, just in a hurry to get home. He asked me how long I'd been policing and I told him almost 15 years. He just handed it back to me and said, " be careful".

I had plenty of my share of speeding citations back before my LE days.. Paid plenty of fines and was even arrested once for riding a "wheelie" on my sport bike (hired attorney as well and got it all reduced). So I realize it's a "Game". But there a difference between "hating to get caught by the cops" and " hating the cops". Was just wondering which you were. lol

Thanks man!!

Ciao !
Bikers down here in florida get away with murder lol.
Old 01-25-2020, 05:31 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Just because you never seen, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
I have lived in the Atlanta area for over 30 years. I'm on the road a lot. It's rare to even see law enforcement on the roads, much less seeing any red light monitoring. And law enforcement cruising the Interstates looking for the go karting? Forget it.

Issuing speeding citations is all about revenue generation.

I'm not at all anti-law enforcement, and I don't hate cops. And you assuming that I do hate cops, when I simply disagree with how law enforcement is used, is reflective.
Old 01-25-2020, 07:56 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dock
I have lived in the Atlanta area for over 30 years. I'm on the road a lot. It's rare to even see law enforcement on the roads, much less seeing any red light monitoring. And law enforcement cruising the Interstates looking for the go karting? Forget it.

Issuing speeding citations is all about revenue generation.

I'm not at all anti-law enforcement, and I don't hate cops. And you assuming that I do hate cops, when I simply disagree with how law enforcement is used, is reflective.

I've been here in ATL. driving since I was 16 (48 now), so I've seen it also.

Do you realize how much call volume there is to handle vs. running traffic? Most depts. don't have time to devote to traffic safety these days.

I'm in court all the time. See officers / defendants with Red Light cases all the time.

We don't have in hwy. jurisdiction.

Didn't say you "hated" us but a lot to comments like yours / others are "hateful" in nature towards the job / profession. Do you ACTUALLY think any officer out there has "Revenue" in mind while they are don't their job??? NONE!!
We don't see another dime of it, except in terms of equipment and tools to do the job better / safer / more effective, etc.

Revenue is needed BTW...Can't have police / Fire without it. That's why I pay taxes and gladly do so. If I got caught speeding / otherwise, I paid my fine because I was guilty. period.
blazen244 (03-15-2020)
Old 01-25-2020, 08:07 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Do you realize how much call volume there is to handle vs. running traffic?
Yes.

Most depts. don't have time to devote to traffic safety these days.
I know that. And when they do devote officers to traffic safety, it's predominately speed enforcement. That's my point. They need to be assigned to enforce more dangerous traffic activities.

Didn't say you "hated" us but a lot to comments like yours / others are "hateful" in nature towards the job / profession. Do you ACTUALLY think any officer out there has "Revenue" in mind while they are don't their job??? NONE!!
You're missing the point entirely. My beef is how law enforcement is used, not with the officers.

Revenue is needed BTW...Can't have police / Fire without it. That's why I pay taxes...
Of course.

My point is how the revenue is generated.
Old 01-25-2020, 11:22 PM
Flat6Music
Pro

Received 230 Likes on 122 Posts

LOL.

All good man.. lol

Thanks man!!

Ciao !

No worries, BS . But there is one cop that I occasionally tell how much I hate him for not trying to talk me out of my now ex-wife. He's my best friend and was my best man at my wedding. It's okay though, because I didn't talk him out of his now ex-wife when he got married either .

Buuut, the revenue enhancement thing is real. I have a friend that ran the motor division at his department (He's now retired). When the local Harley dealership offered the department one dollar per year leases on bikes as long as the dealer did all of the service, I was warned that the department decided to put as many asses on seats that they could and that they'd be hunting for cites every moment they weren't needed on a call. While other cops were going call-to-call all shift long, these guys were on the hunt for soccer moms. Handing out petty cites to people just barely staying afloat will never earn warm and fuzzies from taxpayers, especially when several hundred dollar fines are now the norm here in Southern California for minor infractions.

But in fairness, cite evasion is what we all (nearly all) engage in when owning cars like these that have such a fun pedal on the right. It's a small price to pay for having so much fun.

And, honest, the cite I received was just a quick short stab in 2nd gear after the car ahead of me stood on their brakes twice, coming to a near complete stop each time in the slow lane while looking for a spot to park at the beach. I blipped the throttle briefly to get around and away from them and... boom! There he was at the right spot at the right moment, and I got nabbed as I was already lifting the throttle. It wasn't even a sustained speed. But it is what it is and I've gotten away with so much, so many times that I should probably knock on skull while writing this.

Anyway, not a cop hater unless it's one of my friends and he drank my last beer. Then, yup, I hate him! 😜

And back to the pic thread. Sorry for the long explanation, guys.

The following 2 users liked this post by Flat6Music:
Big Swole (01-27-2020), blazen244 (03-22-2020)
Old 01-25-2020, 11:30 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,040 Likes on 3,071 Posts

I've been here in ATL. driving since I was 16 (48 now), so I've seen it also.

Do you realize how much call volume there is to handle vs. running traffic? Most depts. don't have time to devote to traffic safety these days.

I'm in court all the time. See officers / defendants with Red Light cases all the time.

We don't have in hwy. jurisdiction.

We don't see another dime of it, except in terms of equipment and tools to do the job better / safer / more effective, etc.

Revenue is needed BTW...Can't have police / Fire without it. That's why I pay taxes and gladly do so. If I got caught speeding / otherwise, I paid my fine because I was guilty. period.
Are you like a special cop? Or investigator?
Old 01-27-2020, 11:11 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

No worries, BS . But there is one cop that I occasionally tell how much I hate him for not trying to talk me out of my now ex-wife. He's my best friend and was my best man at my wedding. It's okay though, because I didn't talk him out of his now ex-wife when he got married either .

Buuut, the revenue enhancement thing is real. I have a friend that ran the motor division at his department (He's now retired). When the local Harley dealership offered the department one dollar per year leases on bikes as long as the dealer did all of the service, I was warned that the department decided to put as many asses on seats that they could and that they'd be hunting for cites every moment they weren't needed on a call. While other cops were going call-to-call all shift long, these guys were on the hunt for soccer moms. Handing out petty cites to people just barely staying afloat will never earn warm and fuzzies from taxpayers, especially when several hundred dollar fines are now the norm here in Southern California for minor infractions.

But in fairness, cite evasion is what we all (nearly all) engage in when owning cars like these that have such a fun pedal on the right. It's a small price to pay for having so much fun.

And, honest, the cite I received was just a quick short stab in 2nd gear after the car ahead of me stood on their brakes twice, coming to a near complete stop each time in the slow lane while looking for a spot to park at the beach. I blipped the throttle briefly to get around and away from them and... boom! There he was at the right spot at the right moment, and I got nabbed as I was already lifting the throttle. It wasn't even a sustained speed. But it is what it is and I've gotten away with so much, so many times that I should probably knock on skull while writing this.

Anyway, not a cop hater unless it's one of my friends and he drank my last beer. Then, yup, I hate him! 😜

And back to the pic thread. Sorry for the long explanation, guys.

I agree.. There ARE plenty that generate revenue form traffic, but it's simply "needed" to keep officers on the road and well equipt.

All we have to do is try NOT to break the said, "traffic laws"...lol. Or at LEAST just not get caught!! LOL

I always tell people.. " IT'S ONLY ILLEGAL, IF YOU GET CAUGHT". LOL

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
Are you like a special cop? Or investigator?

I'm "Special" all right!! LOL But not in a good way... lol

I'm still in a uniform but not in "uniform patrol" any longer. I'm in Spec. Opps and do more "Cush" work. I'm also one of the main Firearms Instructors for our dept, as I have a 30 year history in the firearms field. I worked for Glock for 9 years and was one of the three original "Team Glock" shooting team members (USPSA / IPSC competition). Been instructing since the mid 90's.

But, no, I'm not special by any means. Never wanted to do the "supervisor" thing. I got a late start. I was already 34 when I became an LEO. So I had PLENTY of years getting citations and paying them. (Rode fast motorcycles and drove fast cars all my life). lol

Old 01-28-2020, 12:37 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,040 Likes on 3,071 Posts

Very cool - my 'step' brother was a cop with Vancouver and retired to run an investigation/security company in the private sector; he mentioned it was more 'relaxing' in the private sector...
Big Swole (01-28-2020)
Old 03-13-2020, 02:27 PM
Third-Reef
Three Wheelin'

Received 163 Likes on 116 Posts

Roaming around my computer and found this.
The following 7 users liked this post by Third-Reef:
Big Swole (03-14-2020), Carlo_Carrera (03-13-2020), Evolution (03-13-2020), Freier (03-13-2020), Mike Roblin (03-13-2020), Nzo (03-15-2020), pirahna (03-21-2020) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-15-2020, 12:11 AM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,812 Likes on 1,506 Posts

Social Distancing...

The following 5 users liked this post by pfbz:
911user (05-18-2020), Big Swole (03-23-2020), blazen244 (03-22-2020), Carlo_Carrera (03-15-2020), pirahna (03-21-2020)
Old 03-15-2020, 12:18 AM
racer959
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 164 Posts

Wow, really beautiful there. Where is that?
Old 03-15-2020, 12:37 AM
MotoJB
Three Wheelin'

Received 596 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
Social Distancing...

Wait, aren't you supposed to stay 6 seconds away from eachother?

Quick Reply: 996 Turbo Picture Thread