Sponsored by:

The Prestige Thread - Finest 996TT Market Finds

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 12:23 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,221 Likes on 1,432 Posts

I too am not a fan of the aero rear spoiler. I like the aero front spoiler paired with standard retractable rear wing.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:38 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,010 Likes on 1,261 Posts

Originally Posted by techweenie
Nope.
Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
I too am not a fan of the aero rear spoiler. I like the aero front spoiler paired with standard retractable rear wing.

I've just NEVER liked ANY type of "body kit" or anything that hangs lower and looks to hang lower than stock body work.
I've always left all my cars / trucks / motorcycles as Stock as possible (looks wise).

I guess it goes to my love of the "SLEEPER" look. Hence my last fast truck looked just like a stock Cummins diesel quad cab on the street but made 1053 WHP / 1700+ W.TQ and ran 10.70's @ 129-130MPH.
So my next Porsche will remain stock looking, even if I do mod it for power / handling. I even like the look of Stock ride height compared to Lowered cars too.
I'm just weird that way.
Old 01-28-2018, 06:26 PM
napoleon1981
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
I've just NEVER liked ANY type of "body kit" or anything that hangs lower and looks to hang lower than stock body work.
I've always left all my cars / trucks / motorcycles as Stock as possible (looks wise).

I guess it goes to my love of the "SLEEPER" look. Hence my last fast truck looked just like a stock Cummins diesel quad cab on the street but made 1053 WHP / 1700+ W.TQ and ran 10.70's @ 129-130MPH.
So my next Porsche will remain stock looking, even if I do mod it for power / handling. I even like the look of Stock ride height compared to Lowered cars too.
I'm just weird that way.
I second your opinion on the aero, I too, like the stock look of cars. Ride height is a hard one on the porsches and turbo in general, since even Porsche changed this between models and parts of the world. In the US they are raised over European spec. I prefer the euro look or the even lower X73 (sport suspension). I have mine lowered to the X73 specs which I like better. The nice part is that (other than using x73 front top hats) you can align the car still to Porsche specs without altering parts and toe linkages. To me this is still a stock look however.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:05 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
write it down on the calender. that car will sell for less than 60k$. these cars are great cars but not investment quality cars. think 90's supra. always valued and always worth 50k$
A mid 90s 2 owner, 24k mile all original Toyota Supra TT would probably fetch closer to $80k in today market btw. Almost to impossible to find one a low mileage example that hasn't been modded.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1997-toyota-supra-5/
Old 02-01-2018, 10:24 PM
sgtpeper
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, read the comments on what happened with that sales. Fun times.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:06 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

Too lazy to link to it but BaT just posted a sexy yellow thing... Check it out.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:08 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

That midnight car is pretty damn nice!
Old 02-02-2018, 12:47 AM
Nyuofa
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 18 Posts

Saw this car today, and got a chance to take it out for a spin. I've never driven a Porsche, let alone a 911 Turbo. Compared to my BMW M4, this thing feels like it pulls so much harder. Amazing for a 15 year old car!

Wheels look better in person, but are still a chromey mess. Paint is actually in fantastic shape, except for a nickel sized crack in paint in middle of hood. Seemed like something tall was left in the frunk space and the hood was closed on it. And the steering wheel wood trim is cracked.

I'm going to try to track down the service history as it was serviced primarily at a dealer local to me. I agree with you guys, probably a $48-49k vehicle. But man, what a car!
Old 02-02-2018, 12:57 AM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Originally Posted by Nyuofa
Saw this car today, and got a chance to take it out for a spin. ...

Seemed like something tall was left in the frunk space and the hood was closed on it.
Good to hear you got a chance to see it! Denting the hood with an item in the frunk is more common than you might think, though not an inexpensive repair!

That's why the sell these:

Protective Under-Hood Liner
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/DASSCHILD911.html

Old 02-02-2018, 01:00 AM
Nyuofa
Instructor

https://www.mikewardmaserati.com/inv...ab29912s686116

Has this one been posted? Thoughts on the price? I'm seriously considering this, but not a clue as to how these low mileage examples should be valued.

As far as I know, no original wheels, 5 owner history. And lots of wood.
Originally Posted by pfbz
Good to hear you got a chance to see it! Denting the hood with an item in the frunk is more common than you might think.

That's why the sell these:
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/DASSCHILD911.html

interesting haha, I was not aware

So you still think this car is worth $48-49k? Or maybe less, due to that dent in hood with the paint issue?

Emotional me wants it, and Bob sure tried his damndest to have me leave with the car haha!

And I'll be honest. I was surprised how heavy the clutch was. I really liked it!
Old 02-02-2018, 01:07 AM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

interesting haha, I was not aware
So you still think this car is worth $48-49k? Or maybe less, due to that dent in hood with the paint issue?
Emotional me wants it, and Bob sure tried his damndest to have me leave with the car haha!
How was the rest of it? No stock wheels is -$1,000-$1,500, dent in trunk is -$ at least that much... Cracked steering wheel will be pricey if you want to replace it with wood, you could likely get a standard leather wheel used for a few hundred. Man, $49K is ALL the money for that car IMHO with those issues, $52K is no way in my book. But it is local, which is worth +1,000 or $2,000 over hunting down and shipping an out-of-town car.

Sometimes when I see a car like that, with cheap aftermarket wheels, cracked steering wheel, and a hood dent that isn't fixed, I wonder what else the previous owner decided not to spend money on... Not saying that's the case, but when I look at a car where cosmetically everything is really attended to, I am much more likely to assume that mechanically the car has been better cared for as well.

Remind Bob it's freaking February in Colorado, he's had the car for forever, and he should cut bait and sell it to you for a great price! :-)
Old 02-02-2018, 01:10 AM
Nyuofa
Instructor

How was the rest of it? No stock wheels is -$1,000-$1,500, dent in trunk is -$ at least that much... Cracked steering wheel will be pricey if you want to replace it with wood, you could likely get a standard leather wheel used for a few hundred. Man, $49K is ALL the money for that car IMHO with those issues, $52K is no way in my book. But it is local, which is worth +1,000 or $2,000 over hunting down and shipping an out-of-town car.

Sometimes when I see a car like that, with cheap aftermarket wheels, cracked steering wheel, and a hood dent that isn't fixed, I wonder what else the previous owner decided not to spend money on... Not saying that's the case, but when I look at a car where cosmetically everything is really attended to, I am much more likely to assume that mechanically the car has been better cared for as well.

Remind Bob it's freaking February in Coorado, he's had the car for forever, and he should cut bait and sell it to you for a great price! :-)
Really appreciate your feedback! And I get what you're saying. It's true, as I'm exactly that way. My vehicles are cared for as best as possible, mechanically, exterior and interior. I wouldn't let any of that **** fly if it was my car, that's for sure.

Bob seems like a true Porsche enthusiast. Really nice guy. Bit pushy, but it's the name of the game.

Want to go meet me at this dealer and we can both convince Bob to drop the price? Beers on me haha!
Old 02-02-2018, 01:17 AM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Bob seems like a true Porsche enthusiast. Really nice guy. Bit pushy, but it's the name of the game.
Want to go meet me at this dealer and we can both convince Bob to drop the price? Beers on me haha!
Bob is a nice guy, but make no mistake, he's a pro car salesman... I passed on a different used Porsche a a year or so ago when we couldn't come together on price, so I'm not sure I have any magic to make it happen with him. It might just be that they have too much into the car and would rather wait forever than take their loss on it, and I think he's adding value for the low miles but not subtracting value for the condition issues.

I'd swear they had that car at least six months.... The carfax doesn't come up on the web site. Did he share it with you? When does it first show as for sale by them? Then it seemed to disappear from their inventory for a while. Don't know if they sold it then bought it back, or perhaps had someone at the dealership had been using it as their personal car.

Ask him if he'll run Manheim auction values on the car and share them with you, possibly agree to $1-2K above auction if they are where I think they might be, but comparing this car to retail for a mint condition, low mile Turbo isn't accurate.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:23 AM
Nyuofa
Instructor

Bob is a nice guy, but make no mistake, he's a pro car salesman... I passed on a different used Porsche a a year or so ago when we couldn't come together on price, so I'm not sure I have any magic to make it happen with him. It might just be that they have too much into the car and would rather wait forever than take their loss on it, and I think he's adding value for the low miles but not subtracting value for the condition issues.

Ask him to run Manheim auction values on the car and share them with you, possibly agree to $1-2K above auction if they are where I think they might be, but comparing this car to retail for a mint condition, low mile Turbo isn't accurate.
Yea, I imagine it may have to do with what they took the car in for.

I'm going to sit on this a bit. It actually went down another $500 on cars.com. If it's still around in 2-3 weeks, and I'm still in market, we'll see what they're willing to move the car for. My intention, by driving over an hour to see the car, was to show that I'm a serious buyer, but I'm willing to wait. I'll look at others in mean time. Though it's nice that it's local.

Old 02-02-2018, 02:23 AM
Road King
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

My vehicles are cared for as best as possible, mechanically, exterior and interior. I wouldn't let any of that **** fly if it was my car, that's for sure.
Agreed. Which means this particular car wasn't loved or cared for at our level of commitment.

Quick Reply: The Prestige Thread - Finest 996TT Market Finds