Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Craigslist, EBay and Other Online Finds

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 09:45 PM
Matt Cooke
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What do you guys think of this last one here? I am really looking for one but I am in Colorado. I suppose I would travel but this is a nice price and I would prefer a non-silver car.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:07 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by nbressette
Priced well below book and no mention of maintenance history plus high(er) mileage. My spidey senses are tingling.

Best Porsche shop in OC is Vision Motorsports IMO.
All I know about Autowerkes is that 2 weeks ago, a guy on the NA 996 forum hired them to do a PPI on a 2006 Cayman and they convinced the seller to back out on the sale and sell it to their tech. And that's not hearsay - the shop owner came into the thread and confirmed that's exactly what happened. Unbelievable but true.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:17 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Matt Cooke
What do you guys think of this last one here? I am really looking for one but I am in Colorado. I suppose I would travel but this is a nice price and I would prefer a non-silver car.
Miles don't bother me, but just understand that the engine will need a rebuild in another 200,000 or so miles.

I love black cars . . . just really hard to keep them looking nice. Also I think the unique design cues of the 996tt (turbo intakes and intercooler vents) are kind of lost on the darker colored cars. They stand out better on lighter cars.

I'm not a fan of the Boxster red interior. That one at least has some black pieces to break the red up. On the other hand, that color interior is unique.

Love the Misha GT2 add on wing. That's what I have on mine and I think it looks great. Plus it still goes up and down (sorry, but my inner 10-year-old self likes that).

Not a fan of the smoked taillights - mine came with them. But the Del Ray Customs LED taillights I upgraded to were the best mod I've done to any of my Porsches. They really update/transform the look of the car. Plus you can sell the OEM lights for almost as much as the LED lights cost.

Ipod aux input is a nice mod, but not a big deal.

As nbressette said, no mention of maintenance history. I'd be wanting to know that. Maintenance history is way more important than mileage.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:15 AM
Matt Cooke
Advanced

Those are good thoughts, thanks mate. I would prefer speed yellow. I still might call this guy next week after a test drive locally to make sure I even really want this model.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:10 AM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by kcattorney

On Craigslist here in KC. I believe that I know who this belongs to based on the location and the floormats. If I am correct, it may very well be worth the lofty price.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/5727738700.html

There is a lot more on this car than listed, like gt3 brakes, JIC suspension, etc. But.....car has likely had a very hard life with it's current owner, and who knows who has been maintaining it for the last 9 years. This car has been in excellence etc, and was part of the big turbo shootout back in the mid 2000's. Not sure where the airbox went to, it should have an evo box. Had a GT2 nose, but the current owner had a steep driveway, so had to go back to a turbo nose. Also had a grey interior, did a dash swap to an 02+ for the glove box including the updated duct work behind the dash, and swapped the carpet to black. Its an interesting combo. I have pictures of doing the dash and carpet swap somewhere.....

At 40 it would be in an interesting buy i think.

aaaaahhhhhhh

Old 09-08-2016, 11:23 AM
Jymmybob
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been looking at various 911s and similar 2+2s as a weekend car for a few months but this catches my interest a bit. http://www.ebay.com/itm/112108641898

Other than the obvious modifications, are there any obvious red flags? The windshield appears to have been replaced a ton of times on the carfax but other than that I can't find anything that sets it apart from a modded but well-maintained higher mileage 996TT.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:49 AM
D.K
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jymmybob
I've been looking at various 911s and similar 2+2s as a weekend car for a few months but this catches my interest a bit. http://www.ebay.com/itm/112108641898

Other than the obvious modifications, are there any obvious red flags? The windshield appears to have been replaced a ton of times on the carfax but other than that I can't find anything that sets it apart from a modded but well-maintained higher mileage 996TT.
It's a very nice car. Very well maintained, and all modifications are documented. It's also sitting outside of my office right now.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:23 PM
gophaster
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

D.K , soo you already broke down and took it to work!!!??? There goes the Christmas bonus

Originally Posted by D.K
It's a very nice car. Very well maintained, and all modifications are documented. It's also sitting outside of my office right now.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:26 PM
D.K
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gophaster
D.K , soo you already broke down and took it to work!!!??? There goes the Christmas bonus
Lol! I had to! Such a beautiful day, and I left the house late so not too much traffic. I'm just hoping my boss goes out the back side of the building because I'm parked right up front...taking up 2 spots...sideways.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:31 PM
Jymmybob
Advanced

Originally Posted by D.K
Son of a bitch, nice grab. I guess the search continues.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:38 PM
D.K
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jymmybob
Son of a bitch, nice grab. I guess the search continues.
Thanks! That same dealership has 2 other black, 996 turbos if you're interested. They had just gotten in a bone stock '01 with 100K miles when I was there, but I don't think it is listed yet. The other is a lightly modded, black on gray, '01.
http://www.cosmomotorsonline.com/det...-15297996.html

Call and talk to Dustin. He is really good about sending information on any of the cars they have on their lot.
Old 09-08-2016, 05:04 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Nice buy, D. K.!
Old 09-08-2016, 05:27 PM
D.K
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kcattorney
Nice buy, D. K.!
Thanks!
Old 09-08-2016, 05:50 PM
Matt Cooke
Advanced

Well done DK!
Did you go to the showroom and check it out first?
Old 09-08-2016, 06:48 PM
Jymmybob
Advanced

Originally Posted by D.K
Thanks! That same dealership has 2 other black, 996 turbos if you're interested. They had just gotten in a bone stock '01 with 100K miles when I was there, but I don't think it is listed yet. The other is a lightly modded, black on gray, '01.
http://www.cosmomotorsonline.com/det...-15297996.html

Call and talk to Dustin. He is really good about sending information on any of the cars they have on their lot.
I saw the one but can't bring myself to like the gray interiors. Did you have a PPI done locally and if so, who did it?

Quick Reply: Craigslist, EBay and Other Online Finds