Craigslist, EBay and Other Online Finds

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 11:38 PM
Lucid Moment
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by The Italian Pursuit

if it’s the blue one in Houston dont bother

Which blue one? I looked at a sub 20k mile cobalt that was thrashed. Some posts ^
Old 05-07-2018, 11:39 PM
vtgt
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Here was what I was about to post, before I saw the comment above. Here it is anyways. Italian pursuit- Is it the same blue one you mentioned not to bother checking out?

————-

I was holding back on posting this until now, but it looks like I am second in line for a go at the blue 01 turbo at at Teamautoplex in Tx. Apparently this was a friend of the dealer owners car, he swapped this for a new Camaro z28 with racing seats and roll cage. I will know if the first guy passes on it by tomorrow morning.

http://www.teamautoplex.com/vehicle/...n-texas-77057/

before I take the leap of faith to get a ppi does anyone know anything about this car? I’ve also heard mixed opinions on the Hennessey stuff especially if old. Other than that and the gray interior it seems like a nice car. I have some more details I can post in responses to my pointed questions on condition from the salesman shortly.

also, anyone semi local to the dealership that could put eyes on it for me? If possible I’d love to have a ppi done and have someone knowledgeable of these cars take a look.

btw, the dealers phone has been ringing off the hook in interest for this car per the salesmen. the only other consideration at this point is spend 7-10k more and get a car with less than 60k miles like the example above. I care more about condition then miles, only for resale if I were to sell.

Last edited by vtgt; 05-08-2018 at 12:31 AM.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:43 AM
vtgt
Pro

Originally Posted by vtgt
Here was what I was about to post, before I saw the comment above. Here it is anyways. Italian pursuit- Is it the same blue one you mentioned not to bother checking out?

————-

I was holding back on posting this until now, but it looks like I am second in line for a go at the blue 01 turbo at at Teamautoplex in Tx. Apparently this was a friend of the dealer owners car, he swapped this for a new Camaro z28 with racing seats and roll cage. I will know if the first guy passes on it by tomorrow morning.

http://www.teamautoplex.com/vehicle/...n-texas-77057/

before I take the leap of faith to get a ppi does anyone know anything about this car? I’ve also heard mixed opinions on the Hennessey stuff especially if old. Other than that and the gray interior it seems like a nice car. I have some more details I can post in responses to my pointed questions on condition from the salesman shortly.

also, anyone semi local to the dealership that could put eyes on it for me? If possible I’d love to have a ppi done and have someone knowledgeable of these cars take a look.

btw, the dealers phone has been ringing off the hook in interest for this car per the salesmen. the only other consideration at this point is spend 7-10k more and get a car with less than 60k miles like the example above. I care more about condition then miles, only for resale if I were to sell.
I inquired about overall condition of the car and any evidence of paint work. Response from salesman was along these lines:
-Cosmetically I would've guessed the car had about 40k miles on it.
-Paint is in great shape
-The front end looks great.
-The only thing I did there was remove the clear bra off of the bumper because it had a few bubbles and made the paint look bad. It looks great now.
-Also replaced the front air dam and 2 side skirts
-Painted the right rear quarterpanel. It had a small indent that wouldn't be touched up.
-Also re-did the wheels. It cleans up really nice.
-If you look very carefully at the engine bay pictures, you'll also notice on the right tail light where the screws are supposed to be that it had cracked and they chose to epoxy there instead.

I proceeded to ask a couple more pointed questions and got the following responses in summary:
1. No indications that I could see about any accidents. Clean CarFax and no funny body lines
2. I do not have any service records now but am already looking for them for the first possible customer. I will forward them if I can get my hands on them.
3. I took all the pictures that you see so I've driven it a few times. Clutch seemed to be good but I cannot tell you the life
4. No squealing from the brakes, but I'll have my tech look more in depth tomorrow on the life. For the tires I'll find the dates on them for you tomorrow and go from there
5. it's actually out for service over the weekend. Sounds like basic maint and a water pump.
6. I will find out if Wing functions
7. The Car feels good. I didn't have any issues driving it.
8. Unsure if the exhaust is a catback or full exhaust.

only other red flag, is the first guy pursuing it had a ppi done this am and mentioned that the car needed “too much” work and that he would call to chat later. The only thing the salesman heard verbally from the shop was that water pump needed to be replaced, but the dealer planned on replacing it. They said if they don’t hear back from the first guy by tomorrow then they will give me a shot at it.

hoping any other “stories” about the car will come out between now and then.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:45 AM
moburki
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by moburki
And another drop.. $40k
Old 05-09-2018, 09:24 AM
NoogaSparrow
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

So far, the best STEAL of 2018... kicking myself for not bidding

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-911-turbo-23/
Old 05-09-2018, 10:48 AM
sgtpeper
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow. I'm a bit shocked that sold for so little...
Old 05-09-2018, 10:55 AM
vtgt
Pro

Originally Posted by NoogaSparrow

Looks like the nicest car and a great price. Just had an 8k service in 2018 icing on the cake
Old 05-09-2018, 12:09 PM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

I suspect there are more than a few bidders who were keeping their powder dry for the 8K mile '03. It's a beauty.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:52 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 515 Likes on 346 Posts

Man, I would've been happy to own that car for $36k. This is what I get for not paying attention...
Old 05-09-2018, 02:47 PM
Taifighter
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Right. I've been watching BaT for a year now, and that was definitely a great buy. Wow.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:50 PM
manimal
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 90 Posts

Incredible.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:10 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,471 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Originally Posted by sgtpeper
Wow. I'm a bit shocked that sold for so little...
The mileage was high. It is considered a "driver". Most folks on BaT are looking for a potential collector car. The seller may have done better on eBay.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:13 PM
Jeff_DML
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
The mileage was high. It is considered a "driver". Most folks on BaT are looking for a potential collector car. The seller may have done better on eBay.
what do you think the threshold is, 30k miles? (excluding the turbo s)
Old 05-09-2018, 03:18 PM
Taifighter
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
As a newcomer to P cars, I was wondering if this considered 'high mileage'?
Old 05-09-2018, 03:21 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by vtgt
Looks like the nicest car and a great price. Just had an 8k service in 2018 icing on the cake
Too bad it sold at that low price.

Quick Reply: Craigslist, EBay and Other Online Finds