one owner car garage kept, paint and interior in excellent cond 46k
Options list?

Interior pictures?

Did you buy it from the previous owner?
Old 10-09-2015, 04:18 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 171 Posts

So mine and BOSSHEMI's recent actual purchases don't count. OK. Got it.

By the way, I'll take $40k cash for mine right now. I was looking at several others in the low to mid $30k range that I'd be more than happy with. That will make the wife very happy. PM me for my contact info. No lien on the car. I can take a wire transfer today and sign the title over. Pick it up here at the Kansas City Automotive Museum as soon as you want. It's sitting out front, I'll have the curator pull it into the museum and put it on display until picked up. Now has 49k miles on it since I drove it home from New York.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:18 PM
dprantl
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is a completely pointless discussion unless the high-valuing crowd defines what is "garbage" or "junk" and what the low-valuing crowd defines as "clean".

Dan.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:25 PM
BOSSHEMI
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Old 10-09-2015, 04:31 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 311 Likes on 217 Posts

There is a large gap between Bosshemi car with 21K and kcattorney near 50K miles..

Folks looking for low miles 996TT will pay $46K...

kcattorney, if you are selling your 996TT X50 for $40K post an add in the 4 sale section with pictures and history. I'd be interested in looking at all your records and details. I have 2 customers (one Rennlister) that might be interested.

I think that for future threads folks that are looking for cars should specify whether they want a garage queen or well qualified "driver.. Two separate price points..

Disclaimer: I have Queens and Drivers... both great cars...

Edit, seeing Boss pictures.. I must add, interior options add value. Sport Seats, Deviated Stitching, Carbon fiber, and NO Sun Roof are options that some people want and pay more for..
Old 10-09-2015, 05:12 PM
Berra
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm in Europe so the prices may differ a bit from the U.S but gave about 60 for my Turbo. They have since then, gone up a bit. I would give 60 for this car OP, low miles and if it's in a great condition otherwise, just buy it and enjoy in good health.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:54 PM
Atrox
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Buy mine for $57,500
Old 10-09-2015, 06:17 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 774 Likes on 549 Posts

Originally Posted by kcattorney
So mine and BOSSHEMI's recent actual purchases don't count.
Oh they count alright. They just don't set the prices for the top echelon. The top echelon is what we're talking about.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:17 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 171 Posts

Well, look, I have no interest in driving down the prices of the 996TT, so I'll stop harping on it. It's just that people come here looking for reliable information and we are supposed to be the experts. I don't think consistently quoting values at nearly $10,000 above what the cars are actually selling for on the market right now is doing those looking for info any justice. I'll state my opinion one more time for clarity:
The clean title 996TT market lives between $30,000 and $50,000. Higher mileage cars (80k+ miles) or cars with a less than pristine history can be had in the lower $30k's. A few garage queens like the 13k miles car that is the subject of this thread will bring $50k. The bulk of the cars lie somewhere in-between and $35k to $41k will buy you a really, really nice 996TT (a "clean" car with 40k to 60k miles) in the market today.

And no, I'm not going to list my car under the Rennlist marketplace because I'm not trying to sell my car - but it appears we had two people making offers to buy it here and give me a quick, no effort $4,500 profit. I'm all for that. I'm not in the mood to entertain tire kickers for 6 months trying to get an unrealistic value. And yes, my car does have sport seats and deviated stitching. And a whole bunch of other options. The Certificate of Authenticity on my car shows a sticker price of $141,960. It was featured on Jalopnik back around September 10th if you want to see all of those options.

I've been lurking on this forum since I sold my '99 996 aero coupe back in March and started my 996TT hunt. I've posted very few times - but I'm a regular in the NA 996 forum. It's a lot of fun over there because guys don't take themselves too seriously. I look forward to participating more over here. Based on what I've seen thus far, I probably won't agree with the consensus all that much. But, I think it's OK to have different opinions, and still respect those that aren't the same. Frankly, I hope I'm wrong and that I did get the deal of the century.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:19 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

BOSSHEMI - Did you buy the car from the owner, and what is the car's options list?
Old 10-09-2015, 06:40 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

It's just that people come here looking for reliable information and we are supposed to be the experts.
And we give them information.

This is not the "Tell People How To Buy 996 Turbos Cheap" section of Rennlist.

I don't think consistently quoting values at nearly $10,000 above what the cars are actually selling for on the market right now is doing those looking for info any justice.
I will always encourage people to ask higher prices for their 996 Turbos when they put them on the market. Ever heard of a sellers agent? I'm not on this forum to help people buy a 996 Turbo as cheap as they can get it for. I'm on here to help the sellers get top dollar for their car. The excellent example 996 Turbos with very low miles (less than 15k miles) will bring top dollar (+$55k, above $60k in some cases) if people stick to their guns.

Frankly, almost all the 996 Turbos that I see here assessed as "clean" are in fact not that clean in terms of wear. I consider "clean" to mean minimal flaws in the paint, and an interior without visible wear. I consider an "excellent clean 996 Turbo" to have, in addition to the "clean" criteria above, very low miles, no track history, no MacGyver maintenance fixes, one or two owners maximum, and minimal mods.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:51 PM
ChristianR
Three Wheelin'

Received 140 Likes on 71 Posts

noted below

Originally Posted by Dock
And we give them information.

This is not the "Tell People How To Buy 996 Turbos Cheap" section of Rennlist.
its also not the section to tell people to overpay so your car is worth more than it actually is, at the end of the day the 996t is the least desirable of the turbo cars and always will be

I will always encourage people to ask higher prices for their 996 Turbos when they put them on the market. Ever heard of a sellers agent? I'm not on this forum to help people buy a 996 Turbo as cheap as they can get it for. I'm on here to help the sellers get top dollar for their car. The excellent example 996 Turbos with very low miles (less than 15k miles) will bring top dollar (+$55k, above $60k in some cases) if people stick to their guns. save some money and buy one with 25-40k miles IMO

Frankly, almost all the 996 Turbos that I see here assessed as "clean" are in fact not that clean in terms of wear. I consider "clean" to mean minimal flaws in the paint, and an interior without visible wear. I consider an "excellent clean 996 Turbo" to have, in addition to the "clean" criteria above, very low miles, no track history, no MacGyver maintenance fixes, one or two owners maximum, and minimal modsyou are talking about 10 plus year old cars, there will always be something wrong no matter the miles.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:18 PM
BOSSHEMI
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I bought it from the owner, it might just me, but you seem come across like an asse, just how am viewing it
Old 10-09-2015, 07:29 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ChristianR
its also not the section to tell people to overpay so your car is worth more than it actually is
You and the attorney have the wrong impression. I don't know of anyone here attempting to inflate the prices of 996 Turbos just so they can sell/flip their car to make more of a profit.

The 996 Turbo saw a pretty big price drop when the economy tanked. People were letting their cars go for cheap just to get out of the payments. This created a large number of cars on the market that were in fact finally within reach of those who would never have expected to be able to afford the car. These cars were essentially driven hard and put up wet, then sold when the owners found out that they were in fact expensive to maintain and fix. These 996 Turbos got sucked into a "mod/cheap fix/flipped several times" world and they are still out there today. These cars have a higher turnover rate, and they have their own market in the $30's and very low $40's. These 996 Turbos are cars that I personally would not own. Just because these cars exist does not mean that good and excellent examples are pulled down in price, or when the good ones come on the market that they don't deserve the asking price.

I have an excellent 996 Turbo, and it's not for sale (nor will it be). So I don't personally have a dog in the fight.

...at the end of the day the 996t is the least desirable of the turbo cars and always will be...
How long have you been clairvoyant? I'm sure it really helps you in the stock market.

save some money and buy one with 25-40k miles IMO
For some people, the money isn't a problem.

you are talking about 10 plus year old cars, there will always be something wrong no matter the miles.
I disagree.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:34 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BOSSHEMI
I bought it from the owner, it might just me, but you seem come across like an asse, just how am viewing it
It's "***".

I'm trying to get an idea what condition you car was in when you bought it. Also, the options list and who you bought the car from have an impact on sales price.

Quick Reply: Seriously thinking about this car