Sponsored by:

Seriously thinking about this car

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 11:01 AM
ChristianR
Three Wheelin'

Received 140 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by rmc1148
Saying the 996tt has the worse lines of all generations= you don't mean to offend? I do not take myself seriously but also know better than to go to the 991 forum and start saying smart *** comments and insulting their cars.
that offends you, come on. I said before I like the 996 turbo, however IMO its the least sexiest of the bunch.

i have owned the car multiple times, that should give you a hint that i am a fan but its not my holy grail by any means.

IMO i do think some of you are silly on what you think they are worth, however, to each there own and if they bring the money that some of you say they will than I will happily say congrats.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:04 AM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 564 Likes on 348 Posts

~$20k USD was a case of very good timing and a P.O. who just needed garage space/had money.
guess my point was that pricing doesn't necessarily determine the quality of the car...saying a cheap car will be unreliable/bad shape/needing many repairs is wrong, but certainly can be true as well. Vise versa, paying a premium absolutely does not guaranteed you are buying a quality piece.
Shopping is about research, inspection, and being ready to pounce when the right car comes up, more important then ever.
I think a low mile, maintained, cared-for(different then just maintenance) is worth $60k, and think all values will maintain or climb.

That's 27k roughly US 993gt. I know you have connections/knowledge so I'm sure that helped, miles? The bottom line in my opinion is buy a nice car with decent/low miles as it will save headaches in most cases. People will continue to look for bargains and most will be here shortly after asking for help and or selling= others will be happy but just lucky in my opinion. Yes most of the thinks we say and argue about are opinions.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:05 AM
rmc1148
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

To keep on insulting and saying your not doesn't change things.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:06 AM
ChristianR
Three Wheelin'

Received 140 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by ChristianR
thats way high IMO. i wouldn't pay more than $45k for a 996tt unless its an s or x51 car, and even than low $50's IMO

guys saying its a good price or its worth it IMO only say so because they want to believe there 996tt is worth more than what it really is.
this was my 1st post on this topic, from here others got defensive and became smart a55es, so don't say i have been insulting folks, i have given my opinion and sorry it doesn't match yours
Old 10-11-2015, 11:12 AM
rmc1148
Drifting

993gt I agree and is why I stated a nice car= meaning inspected in good condition. Also agree low miles doesn't always mean good condition but usually helps. What are the miles on your fathers car, looks nice.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:18 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

02996 No one has more opinions than yourself and as far as bullying and insulting you were the first to jump on me and in fact quite rude because I didn't have the best wordage and typing skills= still don't but hey have improved lol. People want to come here and play how cheap can I buy it and when someone doesn't want to play the smart asses come out with the usual redirect. Because someone finds a good deal or buys a car that looks good on the surface doesn't make it the norm or smart buy. Also you cant come here and call the car that most own/enjoy the worse looking 911t (Christians comment) made and not expect a little resentment. I like strong opinions and people that stick with them but have thick enough skin to play the game. Poetic words do not cover thinly veiled insults and that I wont ignore.
find me one post in which i attempted to claim not to be opinionated? that's a novel discovery you've made lol.

here's the thing, since you've chosen to address me directly ( again ) i find you to be a parrot that follows around a donkeys *** and merely parrots what others say, and then offer the caveat, that "it's just your opinion". fine, i say the same thing when i quote jeff bridges from his hallmark film "the big lebowski", and it is usually relevant, sometimes not, i'll allow you to be the judge.. but no one needs be told that something I SAY is MY opinion. ( duh ). but that all said, i wasn't even speaking to you directly and perhaps i shouldn't have mentioned you by reference to your "initials" ( or whatever they may be ). but you replied because you saw my mention of you, yet again. because the three of you continual "pack" and pat each other on the back and as i am reminded of my youth gang in the dangerous barrios of the hollywood hills of the 1960's lol where we did much the same thing when we should probably have been in school. fine all.

but i happened across your suggestion to the guy "sell his car" or "leave", because you seemingly were OFFENDED. or that was the gist of it. you told a guy to "leave" because you apparently didn't like his criticism of the type of car that currently sits for 9 months a years in your wife's garage. fine also. but please don't take that personally. i don't let the fact that ( by your own admission ) that you don't articulate your thoughts as well as you might like, so do NOT believe for a moment they influence my thoughts on your posts at all. i take that into account, and unlike OTHER'S here with everything to say, yet are merely capable of a stammer about grammar and punctuation, absent a reasonable if not contrarily articulated viewpoint.

the fact that i am a fifth grade dropout that is still reasonably capable of articulating my thoughts, shouldn't offend you personally in any way, and if anything i've said that might ( or not? ) have been directed to you personally, hits a nerve? well, then so be it. it is not maliciously intended, but rather i share publicly ( quite publicly and i'm certain to my detriment ) things as i "see" them. that's what this place or any online forum is ostensibly for.

so, perhaps the next time i come across your "gee, good idea" post(s) perhaps i'll bite upon my hunting and pecking two fingers and metaphoric "tongue", and you merely can report me to the thought police since you'll already "know" what "i'm" thinking lol. go ahead.

but i apologize to you and anyone else for having to stumble across my creative writing hobby in advance, and ask you that if what i post bothers you or offends your sensibilities, or even worse you find argumentative and obtuse as i do the majority of that which d**k? sanctimoniously posits daily?, then please just ignore any and all of it. TIA, and have a nice day thx1138.

i apologize even more so for that fact this has NOTHING to do with the ( former?? ) topic at hand. you took a swipe? i swiped back.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:27 AM
rmc1148
Drifting

The usual luckily I have thick skin. Should have been a writer. I say opinion often as most try to argue as if your stating fact. The best revenge is living well and in that I have accomplished. I do not have much experience with the 996tt mechanically but have extensive hands on with a wide range of other cars and most things mechanical so I try to help when I can. I'm more of the can do than teach. I have worked with plenty of smart people that couldn't figure anything out that wasn't taught to them. I can be shown or read about how to do most anything once/twice and can do it proficiently. I was a fat kid so insults run off me like water on a duck lol.

Last edited by rmc1148; 10-11-2015 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:53 AM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 564 Likes on 348 Posts

Thanks, he's very happy with it! a tick over ~100k miles

993gt I agree and is why I stated a nice car= meaning inspected in good condition. Also agree low miles doesn't always mean good condition but usually helps. What are the miles on your fathers car, looks nice.
Old 10-11-2015, 12:11 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock
Frankly, they are sophomoric.

Old 10-11-2015, 12:37 PM
Atrox
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock
Frankly, they are sophomoric.
Oh come on dock they were funny.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:38 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 775 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by Atrox
Oh come on dock they were funny.
They are IMO sophomoric.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:44 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

"02996ttx50 - You just can't seem keep to me on "ignore".

Last edited by Dock; 10-11-2015 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:49 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kcattorney
Apology accepted.
I didn't apologize.
Old 10-11-2015, 04:33 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

dock, your idiocies show up as quotes when others reply, which obviously didn't occur to your thickheaded obstinate A** though i did login since when someone is on ignore you see they post three times in a row as you did, my curiousity was piqued, and i was curious see if you had anything of substance to say in your defense. which of course you don't, and only to see you have nothing to counter with, so you're still the same obstinate donkeylike person you must always be, and you've always been. to wit:

to kcattorney from dock: "i didn't apologize".

what a shock! and how conciliatory of you lol. whatever, i'm done wasting time even thinking about this inanity. even i have my limits! ha..have a nice day drowning in your inflated sense of self superiority. LOL. you're like a chimera. a man(?)donkey lol. but i'm done. i promise lol
Old 10-11-2015, 04:50 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by "02996ttx50
dock, your idiocies show up as quotes when others reply...
You obviously don't understand what ignore means.

Quick Reply: Seriously thinking about this car