Sponsored by:

WAY OT, Best Places To Live

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 11:50 AM
Trojan Man
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for remembering!

Actually I chose the bigger house in the new subdivision of Southern Highlands. I think it will do better for investment purposes.

Just in case, I am planning on also putting a deposit on the condo when the new list opens in december.

These deposits simply guarantee me a lot and are fully refundable up until the contract/build date (1 year from now).

As far as the "perfect" place to live - despite all of the taxation and regulatory issues, I would give my left arm (well not really) to live in a nice house in Newport Beach. Unfortunately, you can't even touch a fixer upper studio condo (which I would not want) for less than $225K, and trashy houses start around $600K+. I'll have to wait a few years to get into newport.

Old 10-24-2003, 01:47 PM
Lydon
Advanced

In Toronto, we have fewer gun related homisides in one year than most major U.S cities(New York,Detroit, Austin, L.A) have in one month!!

Something like 60% of our illegal guns come from U.S sources!!!

Oh, they recently made Marijuana illegal again!!!!

As soon as we can get rid of Jean Crietien, and the Liberal thieves, Canada should become even a better place to live!!!

Austrialia, in my opinion is the closest country to Canada, in terms of laws, and general outlooks. Obvious diiference is the climate!!
Old 10-26-2003, 01:56 AM
MrVierra
3rd Gear

montana or germany

no speed limit!
Old 10-26-2003, 01:13 AM
jsonnen
Three Wheelin'

Montana has a speed limit once again!! Unfortunately!!!! Too many corvette clubs flying thru!!!
Old 10-26-2003, 03:29 AM
Hamann7
User

To me, Malibu is pretty close to the ideal place to live. Beautiful scenery, the best canyon roads, and nice weather for most of the year.

Only things that suck out here is that everything closes early, access in and out of town is limited, lots of Sheriffs with nothing better to do than issue speeding tickets, and the proliferation of liberals and hollywood types who think they're so important.

Maybe Montecito (next door to Santa Barbara) is the way to go.
Old 10-26-2003, 10:12 AM
washington951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

troj,
gotta cast another vote for austin. no new info here, but as a cnn cameraman, i used to spend 300+ days a year on the road and have seen a lot of places. i covered the bush/2000 campaign for 15 months and got to know austin very well - plus...my sister lives there, so i've done my share of 'research'.
its a great place - small-town feel, but big enough so that it has everything you need - shopping, good little airport, great nightlife/local music of, exceptional food, that 'texas' attitude', no state income tax, great wide-open roads....

with the tech sector there being a little soft, you can buy a LOT of house, and there are some fabulous pieces of property. we just moved to miami beach for a great business opportunity, but were in the middle of figuring out how to make things work in austin. this is a great move for right now, but i WILL live is austin someday. see you there.

Quick Reply: WAY OT, Best Places To Live