What happen To CJV?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 03:46 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally posted by cjv
In a reply e-mail to me by John D., I was told I could chose to participate or not participate in the Rennlist forums. The e-mail may have been taken as insignificant by others, however I interpeted it as a sign of disrespect. Especially from someone I respected.
Where is the disrespect in that? Sounds like he just told you to use your own free will to do as you wish. I guess he didn't beg you to stay so you took that as disrespect?

Best of luck to you.
Old 08-19-2003, 04:11 PM
LSM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds fishy. I'll bet something else happened. Why delete all your previous posts? BIG BABY!
Old 08-19-2003, 04:16 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

****, who cares. cjv wanted to leave, fine. No love, disrespect, money, it doesn't really concern us. As long as he's happy, he's got his reasons. Let it be.....
Old 08-19-2003, 04:19 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by cjv
In a reply e-mail to me by John D., I was told I could chose to participate or not participate in the Rennlist forums. The e-mail may have been taken as insignificant by others, however I interpeted it as a sign of disrespect. Especially from someone I respected.
So, what was it that you told John for him to respond the way he did? Without that given, his response is insignificant to the rest of us.
Old 08-19-2003, 06:33 PM
Dirt Track Racer
User

You know what really rusts my carburetors? This:

Originally posted by cjv
I intend to keep this simple. I was made a moderator on 6speedonline many weeks and maybe months before I choose to leave Rennlist.
News flash dude, no Queen made you a Knight of the Royal Service or anything. You were asked to be moderator of a stupid webboard about cars.

Just like you chose to leave Rennlist, first you chose to be a moderator at the greatest car site since sliced bread. If you knew you were choosing to leave Rennlist when you chose to be a moderator there, then you knew that that small time board is in direct competition with Rennlist. And I am sure someone with your successes cant be so ignorant not to know about the attempted sponsor stealing and moderator and member theft that happened here.

Let me tell you, the Porsche world is lucky such a stand up guy is running Rennlist. Because if it was my baby that basically birthed the Porsche web board phenomenon, I would be pretty damn pissed off at people trying to steal my assets and I would have to call in the serious firepower upon those newcomers.

All's fair in love and war.

Enjoy your site and your hand-grenade.

DTR
Old 08-19-2003, 06:34 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So...Could I go to 6 speed online?

I only have a 5 speed.
Old 08-19-2003, 06:52 PM
HBdirtbag
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

anyone wanna touch on the supposed "sponsor stealing" that took place. I don't see anything wrong w/ someone being a sponsor or both boards. Also nothing wrong w/ another porsche forum opening up that I can see.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:24 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 55 Posts

Wow. 6speedonline. One whole thread on the 928 board. 2 on the 951 board.

Sounds like a board in the great tradition of exclusion. Porsche owners do this so well too. Most of the Porsches made from 1956-1990 were 5speeds. Sure, its pedantic and melodramatic, but its the thought that counts.

..Oh, it even has a "past" and present heading for the P-cars. Great.

World's Largest? Sure. World's largest EMPTY message board.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:11 PM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Still not making much sense. Since CJV wasn't communicating primarily with John D., why would his irritation with John D. cause him to delete all his threads? That just effects everybody else.
Does he think that pulling the info off this site will make it less interesting, and therefore make the new site relatively more interesting? Or, was leaving a condition of his new exalted position? Is the new site a business which intends to be competitive with this site?
I'm sure he has his private reasons, but a lot of posters here who expressed appreciation for what he was doing do have reason to be offended. Nobody asked CJV to initiate the dialog. If he had no more to say, he should have just said that and signed off. It's like having a conversation that you think has meaning to both parties, and one person just hangs up the phone. Unless he's a complete jerk, there is probably a real reason. It just might not stand up to scrutiny. If he can do it once, he can do it twice, so I for one will avoid the new site.

AS
Old 08-19-2003, 09:40 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Maybe you just have to get used to it. Don't be too concerned, I'm sure cjv isn't. With every ending there's a new beggining. I'm sure if you pick up the phone and dial cjv he'll be there to answer.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:01 PM
George 911-V8
Pro

Location: The Swamp Lands of Louisiana, The Deep Dirty South 2 Miles From Pimp City

Mary Carey owns sixspeedonline and she needs CJV's help with it while she's on the election trail in california.

George
Old 08-19-2003, 11:38 PM
Frosty
Intermediate

HOLY ****!

Excuse my language but DAMN, after everything that CJV has given this community and board you guys are acting like really big ********.

I can't believe you're giving him such a hard time, maybe it's small things like this that contributed to his leaving. As a non-Porsche owner I'm sure my opinion isn't even worth 2 cents to all you 'elite' Porsche owners, but on the other 10 or so forums I frequent I have never seen such a previously respected and valuable member been treated so poorly.

When I don't know the whole story I try not to be so strong with my opinions and I think some of you should do the same. I doubt that 99% of you actually know what has happened.

Wordsshould be chosen carefully, not that any of it matters on the Internet.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:44 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by Frosty
When I don't know the whole story I try not to be so strong with my opinions and I think some of you should do the same. I doubt that 99% of you actually know what has happened.
Does this mean that you do know? 'Cause you seem to have an idea since you thought the rest of us have been so harsh...

Wordsshould be chosen carefully, not that any of it matters on the Internet.
Are you giving the rest of us advice about carefully choosing words? How about you? Oh, I get it, you are so special that you don't need advice...
Old 08-19-2003, 11:51 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally posted by Frosty
Excuse my language but DAMN, after everything that CJV has given this community and board you guys are acting like really big ********.
No doubt CJV posted some really interesting stuff that most of us will only dream about. If he is such a "giver" why did he delete all but 35 of his posts??
Old 08-20-2003, 01:12 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

I wouldn't go as far as Frosty.....but he does have point.

I think Chad alluded to his reasons for leaving, without spelling it out in great detail. John D. respected that and offered a "bridge" to Chad. When they finally have few a beers, I think all will be well.

We don't need to know the exact details..it's not really our business; and we have no right to antagonize either party based upon our perceptions of what might have happened.

Both Chad and John D. have helped a great many people, and both are human. Their Porsche passion is undisputed, and people who are passionate can do things in the "heat of the moment" that if they thought about they might not do upon reflection, for example, delete posts or make sharp retorts (not necessarily factual just examples).

Let's allow them to be human, forget about ascribing motives to anyone and wait and see what happens. I would like see Chad back on this forum, and I don't think he's too far away yet.

Quick Reply: What happen To CJV?????