Sponsored by:

Stage IV GIAC software and current customers

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 11:50 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Stage IV GIAC software and current customers

It has recently come to our attention there may be a small issue in the industry. Those of you that have been sold stage IV and it was not purchased through EVO, ImagineAuto or PES may not actually have stage IV but III instead. The stories are good out there so this may not seem possible. GIAC is very concerned and invite you to call either Andrew or Garrett of GIAC should you be in doubt who is authorized to sell and install this proprietary package.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:40 AM
skaria
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isn't AWE-Tuning also an authorized reseller? In any case, isn't it true that of all the aftermarket tuning software out there (Ruf, Upsolute, APR, etc), the GIAC is the only one which adds an encryption board which makes it pretty hard, if not impossible, to copy?

btw, I have been trying to figure out what the IA Stage IV software is (as opposed to stage 3, 2, or 1). What I mean is the different stages require other mods in addition to the software (exhaust, headers, upgraded turbos, etc). I guess I am just confused why your car has Stage IV software but does not have headers... shouldn't the software be Stage 3 then?

I am just trying to go through all the data (VERY USEFUL and THANKS!) from the exhaust testing. The numbers your car puts out with just the software, K24s and the stock exhaust is incredible (at least with respect to the dynos I have seen).

Thanks.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:50 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

AWE is a GIAC dealer.

If you have questions about the software I really encourage you to call Andrew or Garrett of GIAC. They can help out with any question you may have.

The software still takes the encryption so it is unlikely you have IV if not through the three. The software can not be read by anyone that is not a GIAC dealer.

My car is stage IV, I just am always screwing around with components. My best numbers with IV are 509HP ans 589 TQ. That is at .85 loss factor 598HP and 692 TQ. The runs we made with the exhaust are on stock headers. What you see is what is listed on the sheet. That's all!
(VERY USEFUL and THANKS!)
More than welcome

Last edited by PorschePhD; 08-12-2003 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:42 AM
BCS996TT
Instructor

Default How to tell?

Stephen,

Aside from dyno testing, is there any visible way of differentiating a Stage III vs IV (e.g., Boost Gauge Reading)?

Thanks.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:53 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Possibility that the chip number is printed on the top side of the chip inside the ECU on a sticker. We do that, but others may not. More than likely you can call any of us and gives us the date and dealer you bought it through and can trace the software converted to confirm.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:58 PM
Todd/A.W.E.
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AWE is a GIAC dealer, but they DO NOT have the authority or right to sell the stage IV software. It is only done by the authority of EVO as they own the rights to it. PES and ImagineAuto are an authorized reseller of IV. That means we do not send the ECUs out we can do them in house. If AWE or anyone else wants it they have to buy it through the three companies. The software still takes the encryption so it is unlikely you have IV if not through the three. The software can not be read by anyone that is not a GIAC dealer. [/B]
Stephen is right. We do not have the authority to sell the "EVO Stage 4" software. Just like no other GIAC dealer has the authority to sell our RSK04 418hp Audi S4 GIAC software.

However, the term "Stage 4" seems to be at question here, as that refers to a general level of tune, comprised of various components, depending upon the approach of the tuner.

One of the benefits we have as a full tuning center is the use of an in-house AWD dyno. This allows us to thoroughly research and develop our own "Stages", which are always powered by GIAC software. As the oldest and largest GIAC dealer, we also spend quite a bit of time doing dyno testing with GIAC.

We are in the midst of developing our own larger turbo package for the 996TT, and have been exploring software strategies with GIAC. At this time, we offer GIAC software to work with recalibrated K24s, GT-2 intercoolers, headers, and exhaust systems. This package currently dynos at 440whp on 93 octane fuel (565 crank) on our dyno. Once we have completed our own exhaust development, we will have a GIAC program proprietary only to us. What "Stage" we call it is still up in the air. We may not choose the "stage" nomenclature at all.

Competition is good!
Old 08-12-2003, 05:12 PM
Todd @ EVO
Advanced

Originally posted by Todd/A.W.E.
Stephen is right. We do not have the authority to sell the "EVO Stage 4" software.

However, the term "Stage 4" seems to be at question here, as that refers to a general level of tune, comprised of various components, depending upon the approach of the tuner.

Just to clarify, EVO "Stage 4" that everyone refers to on this board should need no clarification. There are not many other Stage 4 systems discussed on this board. Maybe we should forget the "stages" just refer to the upgrade packages by the power they make. Here we go: Introducing the formally known Stage 4 as the EVO 600 HP / 650TQ Upgrade
Old 08-12-2003, 06:07 PM
LSM
Racer

Originally posted by Todd Zuccone/Evolution MotorSports
Just to clarify, EVO "Stage 4" that everyone refers to on this board should need no clarification. There are not many other Stage 4 systems discussed on this board. Maybe we should forget the "stages" just refer to the upgrade packages by the power they make. Here we go: Introducing the formally known Stage 4 as the EVO 600 HP / 650TQ Upgrade
Nuf said. That should put all the hearsay and innuendo to rest.

-Lou
Old 08-12-2003, 10:41 PM
AWD
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought the difference between GIAC stage 3 and stage 4 was pump gas for stage 3 and 100 octane for stage 4!

Am I mistaken?
Old 08-12-2003, 11:27 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

No not at all. All the GIAC software is designed for pump gas. Various stages do have a 100 octane program available, but all are sold as pump unless otherwise stated.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:59 AM
Todd @ EVO
Advanced

The EVO 600 HP / 650 TQ "stage 4" was tuned on 93 octane fuel. We also have a 100 octane version that makes 630 HP / 690 TQ.
Old 08-16-2003, 01:17 PM
turbo puppy
4th Gear

Question whats the max stage i could go with evo??

hello everybody..just finished breakin in my new turbo n i was wondwering to which stage could i upgrade my car (as i have a tip) without damage to the transmission..or of i could even modify at all plzzzz help me guys im reaally hungry for more power!!!
Old 08-16-2003, 03:19 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Dang that's confusing Thanks for clearing that up.

Quick Reply: Stage IV GIAC software and current customers