Sponsored by:

COMPARISON: PORSCHE 996 VS VETTE

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 06:14 PM
Drew959
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My first post on Rennlist.

I figure I should share my thoughts as I just went through this decision process and decided on the 996TT. I bought a week ago! I was considering a 996TT, C6Z06, CTSV or Viper. I narrowed it down to the Porsche or Vette..

This thread has talked about the reliability of both cars. After my research I concluded the head issue in the Vette needed to be checked and addressed. I figured I’d have to spend around $2500 on top of purchase price for head work for peace of mind. This was not a concern with the Porsche. Next, I thought about power. Simple tuning and a billet wheel upgrade can yield 650 crank hp in the 996. The big kicker for me is I live in Colorado. NA cars get ROBBED for power up here. Plus, rear wheel drive makes seasonal driving difficult. The interior of the Porsche is great, build quality as well. I still love the Vette but the 996 made the most sense for me.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew959
My first post on Rennlist.

I figure I should share my thoughts as I just went through this decision process and decided on the 996TT. I bought a week ago!
Congrats on the Turbo!

Good points made in your post. I'll add that in addition to the AWD, the rear weight bias of the Turbo is a huge advantage in wet/slippery conditions (IMO, even a bigger advantage than the AWD).

Quick Reply: COMPARISON: PORSCHE 996 VS VETTE