SelectiveRecall
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's to a speedy recovery.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:23 AM
cburke996
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow...Sad to see! Best of luck getting it all sorted out.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:26 PM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Damn dude, this sucks. I understand exactly how you feel, though. While we say they're just cars, and that they'll be good as new, we know deep down it's hard to feel that way when your pride and joy gets marred up.

Keep us posted.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:26 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry to see this, but glad no one was injured. Any chance their was a surveillance camera around that might have gotten some sort of footage?
Old 09-09-2013, 02:52 PM
darth g-f
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning
Sorry to see this, but glad no one was injured. Any chance their was a surveillance camera around that might have gotten some sort of footage?
Wow that's a nice 997tt in your avatar! Sorry to hijack but, what color is that? I presume it is custom is it? Do you have more pics?
Old 09-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Misplacedyankee
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning
Unfortunately there was none. I can't believe people were eating less than 50 feet away (behind a big hedge) and not one bothered to get up and check anything out. I got a half *** description from one person. If I had been eating out there and heard it I would have gotten up to look not even thinking it would have been my car, but I would check nonetheless. Typical in NJ nobody cares. Sucks they got away with it. I will just have to hope karma catches up with them.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:23 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by darth g-f
Wow that's a nice 997tt in your avatar! Sorry to hijack but, what color is that? I presume it is custom is it? Do you have more pics?
Thank you for the kind words It's actually Riviera Blue and was ordered that way. I posted a few pictures in 997TT random picture thread. Click Here to view the thread.

Originally Posted by Misplacedyankee
Unfortunately there was none. I can't believe people were eating less than 50 feet away (behind a big hedge) and not one bothered to get up and check anything out. I got a half *** description from one person. If I had been eating out there and heard it I would have gotten up to look not even thinking it would have been my car, but I would check nonetheless. Typical in NJ nobody cares. Sucks they got away with it. I will just have to hope karma catches up with them.
That's crazy, I know I would have looked even if it was just out of curiosity and to make sure everything was okay. Just glad you weren't in the car and no one was hurt.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:41 PM
tommy618
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn....sorry for your loss. I'm surprised that a truck can do that much damage in a parking lot unintentionally. Also surprised that no one heard or witnessed it.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:54 PM
TheBucketOfTruth
Burning Brakes

Received 283 Likes on 169 Posts

Sorry that happened. I've had similar things occur, so I feel your pain. Just one of those things that is outside our control. If we have nice things, we just have to accept that this can happen. Your mentality of focusing on the fact that nobody was physically hurt is a good one. While it can be very disappointing and even hurt your wallet, at the end of the day these are just material things.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:27 AM
SSST
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That hurts to look at. I used to park my cars away from everyone until the exact same thing happened to me. A year later it happened to me again.

I'm not sure how someone can miss seeing something as big a a car and just run into it, but it seems to happen with regularity.

Now I just look for a parking place with plenty of room. Safer that way.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Misplacedyankee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SSST
I'm not sure how someone can miss seeing something as big a a car and just run into it, but it seems to happen with regularity.
Probably just a bad driver or drunk/high. I was just down with allstate today and the "collission coordinator" from my dealer. Allstate good so far. No push for used parts and is connecting me with someone on the diminished value claim. I am hopeful the process will be smooth. It will be interesting to see the estimate in $$ and what it ends up being.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:12 PM
rmc1148
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My wife always likes to park with the other cars as she thinks your a better target out by yourself lo l=maybe she has a point
Old 09-10-2013, 06:16 PM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 558 Likes on 343 Posts

Sorry to see this! Hope it gets repaired to your satisfaction
Old 09-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Misplacedyankee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rmc1148
My wife always likes to park with the other cars as she thinks your a better target out by yourself lo l=maybe she has a point
I have learned my lesson!
Old 09-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,465 Likes on 1,558 Posts

That totally blows. I heard of this kind of thing happen far too often when you park in the boonies.

I employ the opposite tactic to most. I try and park my Turbo as close as I can to the front door of wherever I am going and hope people appreciate the beauty of the car and be carefull around it. So far it has worked.

Quick Reply: Unbelievable tonight - Warning - graphic content