s65e90
Drifting

Received 722 Likes on 500 Posts

CSF makes a nice product.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:51 AM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Heat exchanger efficiency definitely plays a role, be it radiators, intercoolers, or fluid-fluid coolers.
As I said you need flow, yes when the car is moving you will see some. At idle kinda doubt it! Water pump is pumping less and the air movement is limited.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:07 AM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 331 Posts

you are forgetting both heat reserve/capacity of the radiators, as well as fan forced airflow they see at a hot idle.
Am not sure what the OE-spec W.P. flows L/hr. but it works....
Results are results; mine runs cooler in the operating parameters it is subjected to. I had previously thought of adding the additional TT rad fan to my GT2, but no longer need to.

Originally Posted by Kevinmacd
As I said you need flow, yes when the car is moving you will see some. At idle kinda doubt it! Water pump is pumping less and the air movement is limited.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:15 AM
blockhed
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 103 Posts

I am putting on a set soon too.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:17 AM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Fan forced airflow is not normally in high speed, it goes to high speed if the AC is on or the coolant temp reaches a threshold. I agree you should see better cooling once the car is moving and engine rpm goes up to force more flow. I bet if you idle your car in hot weather for a period of time after a full warm up, you may see a slight difference but not much. These radiators excel when you have good healthy air flow and engine speed driving coolant flow. Once the radiators are heat soaked, if airflow is not up, they will remain at that temp. Hence the reason I said I wish there were higher flow water pumps available, then you max the entire system. I am not bashing these radiators they are great and a wonderful alternative to Porsche OEM.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:27 AM
993GT
Rennlist Member

agree!

Originally Posted by Kevinmacd
Fan forced airflow is not normally in high speed, it goes to high speed if the AC is on or the coolant temp reaches a threshold. I agree you should see better cooling once the car is moving and engine rpm goes up to force more flow. I bet if you idle your car in hot weather for a period of time after a full warm up, you may see a slight difference but not much. These radiators excel when you have good healthy air flow and engine speed driving coolant flow. Once the radiators are heat soaked, if airflow is not up, they will remain at that temp. Hence the reason I said I wish there were higher flow water pumps available, then you max the entire system. I am not bashing these radiators they are great and a wonderful alternative to Porsche OEM.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:14 PM
oldturd
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had my set installed last week however the temperatures here in Vancouver BC arent even remotely hot for me to provide any feedback. lol. Will know better come summer once track season starts up again

Great, well made product based on first impressions though!
Old 10-07-2016, 07:29 PM
993GT
Rennlist Member

figured I'd update this...
I have the first set of CSF rads made for our cars, and now have just over 40,000km's on them, have been trouble-free and temps have been great, street and track.
Cheers,
Rob

Quick Reply: All-Aluminum Radiators