Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

996 TT - Exhaust Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 03:10 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,830 Likes on 1,070 Posts

Buy the EP from 911-AL. Excellent seller! Unlike other aftermarket exhausts, Europipes will always be an easy sell if you get tired of it.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:05 PM
Cowtown10
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts

I went through this exercise this summer, I eventually it boiled down to Europipe and Speedtech.
Both companies took the time to answer questions etc. so Customer service wasn't a concern knowing they'd take care of you but at the end of the day, the price of the Speedtech, location(in NH) and the other testimonials won out. Super easy to install, had a few minor issues but they were super fast at responding and getting me parts the next day! I also like the idea of how modular the system is if you want to swap components etc.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:43 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 548 Posts

I've had my EP2 Loud for a long time; LOVE it! I've had nothing but compliments from people who ride with me. An older guy (40's) following me on a very nice sport bike eventually made his way up to beside me at a stop light. My window was down and he got my attention and said.."I've been following you and I have to say, that is a great sounding exhaust".
Old 01-12-2014, 11:25 AM
Cowtown10
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock
An older guy (40's)".
That hurts
Old 01-12-2014, 01:16 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by Cowtown10
That hurts
Most sport bike guys around here are young; it's a one-off to see a 40-50 year old on a sport bike.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:08 PM
500e2911TT
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW, here's my catless exhaust (not my car but same exhaust note):

Drone can be tamed with a cat...
Old 01-13-2014, 09:22 PM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 558 Likes on 343 Posts

sounds great!
Old 01-14-2014, 07:39 PM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

I couldn't stand the Fabspped drone, and switched to a Europipe, which has been great. Good luck. AS
Old 02-04-2014, 11:28 PM
Jabrony
Rennlist Member

FWIW, I just purchased a Fabspeed maxflow v3 to include headers. I had no idea how loud it would be in the cabin. I now hate driving my 996tt. I'm trying to work with them in regards to rectifying this.... They say that the v3's are not supposed to be loud or drone....not the case. I have parked the car and don't care to drive it until fixed. That's sad....as I love to drive this car... That was until 3 days ago. I have read that some people have had success with the car chemistry inserts... Where the hell do you put them? There is barely a straight spot on that system!! They want to trade my v3's with the v2 set made for the cabs.... We shall see!

Last edited by Jabrony; 02-05-2014 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-05-2014, 11:57 AM
Chris@Fabspeed
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gnoub51
I have a Fabspeed GT2 exhaust on my car. Supposed to make some nice HP numbers. Don't know. Have not dynoed the car. But I hate the exhaust note. It's loud but in a bad way. It's very deep and doesn't sound all that great at WOT. In fact it bothers me greatly. Wondering if there are any higher pitched exhaust systems out there that perform as well. Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Gary
For Gary or anyone else looking for a higher pitched tone, you can specify that we build a 2.5" system for you - this will give you the higher pitched tone and coupled with our 200 Cell Sport Cats, will not be restrictive on cars making less than 650hp.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:09 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 325 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by gnoub51
I have a Fabspeed GT2 exhaust on my car. Supposed to make some nice HP numbers. Don't know. Have not dynoed the car. But I hate the exhaust note. It's loud but in a bad way. It's very deep and doesn't sound all that great at WOT. In fact it bothers me greatly. Wondering if there are any higher pitched exhaust systems out there that perform as well. Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Gary
Gary, I would suggest you take a look at our SpeedTech 996TT X-cellerator exhaust systems. Also, I think it would be worthwhile to take a moment to read our testimonials and see what many forum members here have to say, some of whom have had up to 5 systems in search of the right one...

All of our exhaust systems are higher pitched in nature due our our unique "X design. We offer them in various sound levels from our most popular 2.5 quiet X-cellerator system, which is virtually drone free, very comfortable in the cabin and emits a fantastic high pitched wail at WOT.....all the way to our 3.0 loud, available in either a full 3" competion X-Pipe or a full 3" muffler with internal "X" - both provide a very loud high pitched scream at full throttle, which sounds magnificent.

With our modular design, if you purchase a specific sound level and you make a mistake, we can swap out just one component for a minimal expense and totally change the sound, so you are not locked into any one sound level either - our system is very flexible in that regard...

For the ultimate in street performance, we use 100 cell Hi-Flow catalytic converters, flow matched to the KKK turbo outlet at 3.2" which maximizes flow/power gains and enable the turbos to spool very quickly compared to more restrictive cats or cats with the commonly used 3" flanges. You can hear the turbos "whistle" through the open nature of our cat & X-Flow muffler design and will instantly feel the improved throttle response, as well!

Here is a video of our 2.5 X-Pipe for the 996TT - it's one of the highest pitched options we offer for the 996TT and sounds fantastic at WOT!
2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials SpeedTech Exhaust Videos facebook

Last edited by John D II; 02-07-2014 at 11:07 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:18 PM
Edward Liu
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Jabrony
FWIW, I just purchased a Fabspeed maxflow v3 to include headers. I had no idea how loud it would be in the cabin. I now hate driving my 996tt. I'm trying to work with them in regards to rectifying this.... They say that the v3's are not supposed to be loud or drone....not the case. I have parked the car and don't care to drive it until fixed. That's sad....as I love to drive this car... That was until 3 days ago. I have read that some people have had success with the car chemistry inserts... Where the hell do you put them? There is barely a straight spot on that system!! They want to trade my v3's with the v2 set made for the cabs.... We shall see!
Hey, just saw this, did you ever figure out your drone issue? I also have a drone issue on my maxflo v2, and have the cc inserts installed right at the inlet before the muffler. You will probably need to get a wider pipe to fit the cc inserts.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:41 AM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Kevin at UMW has exhausts for sale! Anyone interested should contact him for details!
Old 08-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Jabrony
Rennlist Member

Default Issue w/ Fabspeed

Originally Posted by Edward Liu
Hey, just saw this, did you ever figure out your drone issue? I also have a drone issue on my maxflo v2, and have the cc inserts installed right at the inlet before the muffler. You will probably need to get a wider pipe to fit the cc inserts.
The v2 is still a little droning inside the cabin. I have not fitted the inserts yet...too big...did you have any luck with them?

Thanks,
John
Old 08-09-2014, 06:47 PM
Tuxiemama
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dock
An older guy (40's) following me on a very nice sport bike eventually made his way up to beside me at a stop light. My window was down and he got my attention and said.."I've been following you and I have to say, that is a great sounding exhaust".
49 here

Quick Reply: 996 TT - Exhaust Recommendations