Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

detuned from a flash to standard today

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 05:01 AM
biglicks
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

update on tune, car is running great, super fast again, but a lot better to drive at low speeds and cold, than before. My rev limiter has been lifted to 7000rpm as part of the tune, so might have to have a go at topin the 330km/h mark. I will let you know how that goes, assuming we get enough dry days to have a run like that at this time of year.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:52 AM
SimonK
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by biglicks
update on tune, car is running great, super fast again, but a lot better to drive at low speeds and cold, than before. My rev limiter has been lifted to 7000rpm as part of the tune, so might have to have a go at topin the 330km/h mark. I will let you know how that goes, assuming we get enough dry days to have a run like that at this time of year.
If you raised the rev limiter you will go over 330km/h on the speedo. If I remember correctly, 334km/h is the top speed with the raised limiter my friend achieved. I decided against raising the rev limiter as load on the engine at 300km/h plus is immense, so factory rev limiter works for me. I remember all too well when I had 944 turbo S with the rev limiter raised and my head gasket blew at 160mph on the Autobahn. Not funny at all, when you create a fog cloud (with zero visibility) that streches for miles. Top speed runs are becoming purely academic especially when even on the Autobahn there is rarely any room nowadays. I really could not get overly excited about additional 7km/h versus the risk management.

Quick Reply: detuned from a flash to standard today