Sponsored by:

FVD Brombacher Race Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 10:02 AM
djbeachem.ii
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FVD Brombacher Race Pipes

Recently installed FVD's Race pipe setup on my 2001 TT. Not the best sounding system to many, but having lived my life in the marina industry it's good to hear open exhaust once again. Resonates at 2000 rpm only, but the whistle of the turbo's more than make up for the resonance. Very inexspensive solution to those who do not have to pass Emissions. $350 new from FVD.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:50 AM
R5 Turbo 2
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, that's a long lap.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:53 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Very cool rear shot perspective. Really gives a feel for the difference between WOT and less than WOT as the turbos just scream! Don't pay attention to the troll comments. A low to mid 140's lap is moving around Rd Atl without taking stupid risks. Last time time I checked there was no qualifying at a DE nor any trophies handed out for the fastest lap.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Roger Johnsen
Intermediate

Too Cool! I'm trying to picture the expressions on the faces of the drivers you passed up...
Old 09-08-2011, 02:26 PM
djbeachem.ii
Advanced

I appreciate it, It is hard to put good lap times down in traffic, so that was not the point of the video. The gentleman in the mazda came up to me after the session saying it hurt his ears even through his full face helmet.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:57 PM
rhargy
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's the set up that I'm considering and would appreciate your feedback on two items.

1) Do you feel like you lost any power under 3500 revs ?

2) How did you deal with the CEL issue/

Any help appreciated
Old 09-10-2011, 03:06 PM
blockhed
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 118 Posts

hahah I have those on my car with twin 30r's and sounds a bit different, but still awesome like this. peoples expressions are priceless
Old 09-12-2011, 11:35 AM
djbeachem.ii
Advanced

Originally Posted by rhargy
That's the set up that I'm considering and would appreciate your feedback on two items.

1) Do you feel like you lost any power under 3500 revs ?

2) How did you deal with the CEL issue/

Any help appreciated
The power loss is over 3500 from what I can tell (havn't had time to dyno yet) but the way she spools up now is incredible. The exhaust really improved my low end and helps her spool up mid corner better. I threw a CEL after about two weeks, but happily for me I have Kevin's AMAZING UMW stage 1 flash and he kindly corrected the fault when it appeared.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:32 PM
rhargy
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the feedback.

It is interesting that you feel a low end improvement. Conventional wisdom would have it the other way around. The mysteries of the turbo sometimes escape me. Who woulda thunk ?

I've got to find another way around the CEL issue as I'm trying to keep her classed for Club Racing.

Thanks again
Old 09-12-2011, 06:45 PM
blockhed
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 118 Posts

rhagy if you get a flash, certain tuner turn off the rear 02's thus taking CEL issue out
Old 09-12-2011, 09:33 PM
rhargy
Rennlist Member

Blockhed
Thanks - I've got to find a tuner that can turn off the O2 sensor and still get the DME to pass a byte count if I'm going to pass for Club Racing.
Really looking forward to getting that weight off the rear !!
Old 09-13-2011, 01:32 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 336 Likes on 224 Posts

Talk about "music to the ears" and the rest of the story..

Douglas emailed me about his new exhaust purchase with concerns about possible CEL's. The first thing that I meantioned was>> are you sure? The exhaust sounds like a outboard boat engine. The tone was rather negative. His reply back was.... I'm in the marine business... I felt like a heal.. I'm glad he likes it!

rhargy, It's going to be very easy for the tech inspection to catch the byte count. However, with my programmer you can flash from your genuine stock file to performance file within 10 seconds at ANY time..
Old 09-14-2011, 08:00 AM
rhargy
Rennlist Member

Kevin -

Thanks. I understand the spirit of the Club Racing rules and don't feel bad about turning off an O2 sensor. Going to a performance flash does "stretch the envelope" a bit.
I really am trying to do it "clean" at this point however given what I know about the rest of the field I have a feeling I'll be giving you a call in the future.
Can't say I'm looking forward to the exhaust note but I am looking forward to getting all that weight off the tail.

Bob
Old 09-14-2011, 08:51 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by rhargy
I really am trying to do it "clean" at this point however given what I know about the rest of the field I have a feeling I'll be giving you a call in the future.

Bob
Wait, what? Are you saying there are guys in Club Racing that are cheating??? Say it ain't so
Old 09-14-2011, 11:31 AM
djbeachem.ii
Advanced

I'll post a video of what it's like living with this system on a daily drive if anyone's interested.

Quick Reply: FVD Brombacher Race Pipes