ECU Flash UMW / EPL

Old 03-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 304 Likes on 210 Posts

Jim, Thanks for the kinds words.. Answering your emails on Sunday will put some folks panic situations at rest. If I'm around I will answer the questions. Cheers..
Old 03-07-2011, 07:06 AM
reddswiss
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Kevin. I couldn't have asked for more.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:21 AM
puma
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yah, Kevin doesn't seem to have a life because he is always quick to answer his e-mails, any day, any time

I don't think you can go wrong with either.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:06 AM
TachiF
Advanced

Yeap !!! Kevin is a "Porsche Doctor" HE IS ALMOST 24/7 !!!! You r the man, Kevin.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:43 AM
prche951
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kevin
Jim, Thanks for the kinds words.. Answering your emails on Sunday will put some folks panic situations at rest. If I'm around I will answer the questions. Cheers..
Kevin is even patient when he gets cussed out.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:59 PM
Cosmo007
Intermediate

I would tell you to go with UMW over EPL, as with UMW you get Kevin the owner and he is a Porsche guru and someone you want to know and trust if you own a Porsche.

JIM in Texas
Old 03-13-2011, 08:59 AM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 58 Posts

I'll throw this out there, and I'm not trying to start a "forum" war here... Unless you have a shop that is tied in to Tony WELL, you will not get the kind of service from EPL that you do from Kevin, quality of tune not even being compared... I know SEVERAL owners who have tried to chase down issues with their cars who have ended up very frustrated with the lack of support from EPL. And those guys know who they are, because they are on here and over on 6speeds and have complained to myself and others multiple times about not being able to get problems resolved in a timely manor, if at all. One member in particular is exceptionally frustrated over the lack of support because he bought the car with EPL's tune on it and has never been able to get resolution of the problems he's having...2 years later!

That alone is the single difference, real time customer "help".

Mike
Old 03-13-2011, 12:31 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikelly
I'll throw this out there, and I'm not trying to start a "forum" war here... Unless you have a shop that is tied in to Tony WELL, you will not get the kind of service from EPL that you do from Kevin, quality of tune not even being compared... I know SEVERAL owners who have tried to chase down issues with their cars who have ended up very frustrated with the lack of support from EPL. And those guys know who they are, because they are on here and over on 6speeds and have complained to myself and others multiple times about not being able to get problems resolved in a timely manor, if at all. One member in particular is exceptionally frustrated over the lack of support because he bought the car with EPL's tune on it and has never been able to get resolution of the problems he's having...2 years later!

That alone is the single difference, real time customer "help".

Mike
I think any business is going to have a few unhappy people. In general, it is unavoidable.

Tony and Robin have always responded to my e-mails the same day. My experience with their customer service has been excellent.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:08 PM
jpflip
Three Wheelin'

Received 159 Likes on 130 Posts

I would love to get a 2 or 3 days technical course on how to rebuild a 996tt engine with Kevin as a teacher. How to overhaul an engine, what tools needed, timing the cams, the weaknesses of the engine and how to improve it etc etc.... If it ever happen I am willing to fly to Washington (i think that is were you are Kevin) only about 230 miles from Vancouver....
Old 03-13-2011, 05:53 PM
emadelta86
4th Gear

I would love to get a 2 or 3 days technical course on how to rebuild a 996tt engine with Kevin as a teacher. How to overhaul an engine, what tools needed, timing the cams, the weaknesses of the engine and how to improve it etc etc.... If it ever happen I am willing to fly to Washington (i think that is were you are Kevin) only about 230 miles from Vancouver....
It would be cool...
Old 03-13-2011, 06:59 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Well your experience hasn't been others... Looks up a guy with the user name BLKMGK over on 6speeds...

Mike

Originally Posted by doubleurx
I think any business is going to have a few unhappy people. In general, it is unavoidable.

Tony and Robin have always responded to my e-mails the same day. My experience with their customer service has been excellent.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:42 PM
red911c2
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One member in particular is exceptionally frustrated over the lack of support because he bought the car with EPL's tune on it and has never been able to get resolution of the problems he's having...2 years later!
Don't most tuners only give customer service to the person that actually purchased the tune? If the car was re-sold, I think I read somewhere that most tuners won't support them. I could be wrong but I think I read that either here or on 6speed...
Old 03-13-2011, 10:16 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Well your experience hasn't been others... Looks up a guy with the user name BLKMGK over on 6speeds...

Mike
My point was more along the line of not every tuner has 100% happy customers. I think both Kevin and Tony have a majority of very satisfied customers. I have seen complaints on both sides.

Saying my experience isn't the same as others is probably a little extreme, as I most of the posts on EPL are very positive. EPL has a very satisfied customer base. He is one of very few tuners that actually write the code of their tune, which was a surprise to me as that is typically not the case.

Heck I wish my business had 100% customer satisfaction. Unfortunately in the real world, that is generally not possible.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

I guess my point is, for such a small investment in your time as a business owner, wouldn't it do more good than bad to help a potentailly "new" customer with his current issue? I'm sure there are multimple sides to the story, as is always the case... But I'm a business owner, and in my business we get it right every time, or we are out of business...

Just sayin'...

Mike
Old 03-13-2011, 11:33 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

I guess my point is, for such a small investment in your time as a business owner, wouldn't it do more good than bad to help a potentailly "new" customer with his current issue? I'm sure there are multimple sides to the story, as is always the case... But I'm a business owner, and in my business we get it right every time, or we are out of business...

Just sayin'...

Mike
I am a business owner also. There are always going to be people who are not happy whether you know about it or not. Sometimes my opinion of "getting it right" may not meet a client's preception of the same. I don't know the particular situation you are referencing, but there are always two sides to every story as you mention. Given the nature of "interenet" stories, I always take things with a grain of salt.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ECU Flash UMW / EPL