Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ready to upgrade the ecu, which one?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 01:52 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too have the UMW tune with the wastegate kit, and have often wondered how high up I could get the speedo to go....so far, I've only gone to 156....then noticed a clucking noise in the cabin that grew louder as the speed increased. Your observations about how the car performs are right on for this tune....I dont' know if you went for the wastegate kit, but if you didn't, do yourself a favor and get one. Ard talked me into getting one and I owe him for it. Makes a noticeable difference believe me.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:18 PM
dixie
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turbotime1812
I am considering an upsolute ecu flash from a company called PowerTech (www.pwr-tech.com). Does anyone on this thread have any experience with this shop or has heard anything about this shop? Thanks! Tracy
I had Upsolute made a custom flash for my 996TT to run at 1.2 bar with K16/24.
After a few months: melted exhaust valve,bent rod,scratch in cilinder and piston
costed me 13000 euro to repair.
Upsolute raised parameters for knock detection so high,computer didn't detect knock anymore,sended some emails to Upsolute but I never got an answer.
I sended the Upsolute flash to other programmers to investigate and they told me they had never seen such a bad flash..But Upsolute is cheap...
Old 07-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They raised the parameters without discussing it with you or telling you what they had done?? Did you agree to raising the parameters after possibly them discussing it with you and convincing you that you'd get better performance? Did you have any part in the decision making process to raise the parameters?

Really sorry to hear that. I considered Upsolute at one point strictly because of the low cost of their flash, but then read up on the various tuners and went with the consensus here and on other forums for a final decision.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Mr. C4
Drifting

My new to me -01 Turbo is supposed to have a Superchips (www.superchips.co.uk) flash. Superchips have been around for a long time but has anyone here had any experience with their product in a 996 Turbo or other P-car?

The below graphs do not seem too exaggerated.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
996turbo420.pdf (33.4 KB, 115 views)
Old 07-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Mr C
Intermediate

Mr. C4: you can see on your graphs that they were made with photoshop, and from what I've experienced in a friend's superchipped 996TT, power after their flash was only around 450 BHP. Give Kevin @ UMW a shout if you want a really decent tune.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:31 AM
dixie
Intermediate

Upsolute raised the parameters without telling me anything,I would never have agreed with that.They never answered my emails when I told my engine broke down.I now have the FVD flash and couldn't be happier.

Quick Reply: ready to upgrade the ecu, which one?