FS: 2002 996 Turbo 16k Miles Loaded *SOLD*

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 05:27 PM
BTG996T
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 2002 996 Turbo 16k Miles Loaded *SOLD*

CAR IS SOLD!

Hello fellow Porsche-philes! I discovered these boards a while ago while researching information before buying my 996 Turbo, and now that I have decided to sell I wanted to offer it to "those who know". I signed up for the forums and even became a paid member to give a little something back to this great community that has helped me in the past. I certainly know I could sleep better at night knowing it went to a true Porsche enthusiast who will give it all the love and care it deserves!

*Please note I have already posted this in the members section, in the rennlist classifieds, and autotrader.

I am the second owner of this gorgeous 2002 996 Turbo in Midnight Blue Metallic paint with 6-speed manual. I purchased this car CPO from my local Porsche dealer in 2005. It has been pampered in a heated and air conditioned garage from the day I brought it home, and has been meticulously maintained, cleaned, and detailed. It gets parked on tire cradles while waiting for nice days to go out to play and has been driven monthly (more frequently when the lovely Indiana weather permits). It is accident-free and beautiful inside and out. It has never seen a second of track/race time and has not been abused over its 16,076 miles. It does, however, like to go fast. VERY fast.

It is factory stock and loaded (nearly optioned out): luxury wood trim interior, Bose sound, matching blue leather interior, Porsche crests in headrests, blue seat belts, etc (see option codes below). Midnight Blue Metallic paint sparkles in the sun and looks almost black at night.

Option codes:
C02 XE8 XE9 XJ4 XKC XKH XKN XKS XNB XNW XPC XPX XSC XSW XTK XX2 X70 139 340 424 498 513 586 696 939 982

15,000 mile service was performed in the last year, with all service/oil change visits performed at the local Porsche dealer. The CPO warranty expired recently, although everything is current for maintenance.

Due to the excellent condition, extremely low miles and options, I am asking $49,995. (Reduced 4/13)

I have plenty of hi-res photos of this baby, so if you would like to see more than what I have here or are interested in purchasing, send me a PM with your questions and contact information and I will contact you as soon as I can.

I'll also be including an indoor cover, sunshade and battery trickle charger.

Thanks for looking!

Brent

Pictures below:
Attached Images           

Last edited by BTG996T; 06-15-2009 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Car is SOLD!!
Old 02-26-2009, 09:57 PM
David A
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I was offered $58K from a private buyer for my 03 silver with 12K miles.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:53 AM
tscales
Intermediate

I purchased my 04 X50 Cab in December. It is pristine, but has higher mileage (54K).

I paid $54K.

Even KBB which is often wildly optomistic shows your car Private Party at $52,350 in my area.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you find the right buyer. Let us know what you end up with. Always good to have data.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:17 AM
MechanicalEng
Burning Brakes

Just to give you and idea I paid in January 2009 $49.9k for an 02TT with 23k miles 1 owner from a Porsche dealer with a CPO warranty.. the economy is REALLY bad.. your car is nice, but probably worth mid low 50s
Old 02-27-2009, 11:18 AM
BTG996T
Intermediate

I appreciate the feedback guys. I knew when I posted it that the price was probably a bit high. I do feel however that it is worth more than some of the comps that have been mentioned due to the interior options and very low mileage.
I've tried to find comparables on the net, but I can't find anything with the interior upgrades (particularly the wood) and mileage this low. I did check that Blue Book value prior to posting, but I don't believe it factors in the upgrades and true condition of the car.

When I purchased the car in 2005 I researched the heck out of it (and used these forums for some of that) and it seemed that darn near every option was selected (I don't believe navigation was an option for '02, but I could be wrong). This includes full leather, custom seatbelts, headrest crests, etc. The only truly "rare' option is the gorgeous wood interior, in that I have yet to see another 996 turbo listed with this option. I was also told this was a rather expensive option ($8k+) for the 996s.

I know you can find a Turbo S for this price, but you're paying for more than just the engine and transmission here. If the "S" upgrade, convertible and nav are more important to you than interior options, condition and very low mileage, then this is not the car for you.

All that said, I am definitely willing to work with any serious buyer on the price, although I'm not going to give it away. I would love to be able to sell this car to someone here that knows them and loves them and am more than willing to listen to suggestions and serious offers.

Thanks again for your comments and interest, guys!

Last edited by BTG996T; 02-27-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:01 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Actually midnight blue is known as 'nightmare blue' in the resale world, and I happen to love the color myself, so that hurts a bit. Also the wood interior is also considered a hard resale, but good luck either way.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:40 PM
BTG996T
Intermediate

That's kind of surprising about the color - I think it's gorgeous and I love that you don't see loads of them around. It seems like every other available Turbo is silver or black. Nice colors, but a little too "common" in my opinion.

I knew this car would be a "certain buyer" type deal as it is fairly unique. If anyone has their interest piqued though, I would definitely talk shop and see if something can be worked out.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:31 PM
jcb-memphis
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Local dealer said blue, and silver were selling well on new and resales. Black, yellow and red were dead. Green is dead unless RS green...

Midnight went out on 4 caymans......recently. So, not sure on the color call. Wood is a very hard sell in the modder set...very. Carbon is much preferred.

I am biased because I have an MB car and love it (and don't plan to sell it). It had wood. I hated the wood and removed it all. FYI.

If I ever paint the car, and the car's value is not a concern, I must admit I love the gt3 RS colors of orange and green....if I hit powerball.

50-59k....depends on the competition in your driving distance....

JB
Old 02-27-2009, 04:55 PM
jr2
Intermediate

For what it's worth, I'll share my recent buying experience (see the "Price help on 2002 C4S Coupe" thread on the 996 Board for pictures on p 2).

As a cash buyer, I just bought an '02 C4S in excellent condition for $32,500 with full leather, navigation (yes, available in 2002), dealer-installed PSS9 with GT3 adjustable sway bars and links and short shifter, and a number of other factory options, including advanced technic package (litronic lights with washers, 6-CD changer and 12-speaker upgraded Bose stereo), supple leather, heated seats, sunroof, self-dim mirrors and rain sensor, footwell lighting and extensive wood trim (you have additionally wood on the rear console, speaker edging trim, side air vent trims and the narrow horizonal piece across the dash, which I do not have).

For comparable reference as 2009 911 options, the colored seat belts are $540, the Porsche crest in the headrests is $285 and the wood rear console is $1,625. In comparison, my navigation was a $3,540 option for 2002.

Thus my option package (including the dealer-installed $5,000 suspension and $700 shifter upgrade) would be fully comparable to yours, if not worth several thousand more given the suspension upgrades. The main expense item in your options list is the wood (the factory option cost for all the wood that you have was probably about $6,500 - $7,000); your option list is otherwise fairly basic, with the absence of navigation.

The consensus in the 996 thread was that a 2002 turbo would be worth an additional $10,000 over a C4S and you have, of course, 30,000 fewer miles at 16,000 than my 46,000. Without the mileage premium, the $10,000 turbo premium would get you to $42,500. With the mileage premium, I still think that you would be hard-pressed to get too much above $50,000 in today's market (where it's hard for a buyer to get used car financing) for an '02 out of warranty, even with low mileage.

Like you, I happen to prefer and want the wood interior, but it appears to be a minority taste (vs carbon or plain leather), certainly for someone willing to pay $7,000 for the option, which is why wood (esp beyond the shifter ****, emergency brake and steering wheel) is quite rare.

All that said, you may happen upon a buyer willing to pay a premium for the wood trim and your mileage (most turbo buyers would rather pay for upgraded turbos and suspensions), but I would concur with the others that $69,000 is way too high -- if you are comparing with the Turbo S, remember that it came with PCCB (a $9,000 option), had 450HP instead of 420, is three years newer and is more likely to be able to have a CPO warranty.

In any event, good luck with your sale!
Old 02-27-2009, 05:43 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris: I've never heard of Midnight referred to as Nightmare blue....actually, from the reactions I get as well as the numbers being sold would seem to refute your description of Nightmare blue.... the blues seem to be fairly popular. It's a bitch to keep clean...but so is black or any other dark color.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:16 PM
adam_
Burning Brakes

Isn't there some kind of policy here that you don't give feedback on price if it isn't requested??
Old 02-27-2009, 07:50 PM
BTG996T
Intermediate

Thanks for sharing jr2, lots of helpful info.

I am going to do a little more research on comparable prices and make a price adjustment. Stay tuned for an update!
Old 02-27-2009, 08:00 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Low mileage is highly overated, especially by novice buyers. If I was in the mkt for a used 996TT, I 'd buy one that's driven at least 10k miles a year. The motor as many have experienced is "bullet-proof" and regular usage keeps all the seals and moving parts in reasonable shape.

A 7-8 year old car with only 7k miles??? Who knows which gremlins show up when the pedal it's the metal.

Below is a sample of a 2005 Turbo S; 4 years, 3 months since it left the factory; 42k miles; driven hard like a rented mule; rain, shine and snow. All the interior options (full leather, Nav, carbon/alu pkg, yada, yada). PCCBs (gen II), Europipe exhaust, X73 suspension. Not for sale but I reckon it's market value is somewhere ~ $50-60k.

Just an old fart's 2 cents...cheers.
Attached Images  
Old 02-27-2009, 08:14 PM
cjaz
Intermediate

i have an 02' black on black w/x50 and Aero kit. It has about 8300 miles. It is also in immaculate condition and had a sticker of 150k. i paid 72k for it a little over a year ago, with 5k miles on it. i seriously doubt i could sell it for 60k in this market. If i could sell it for 70 i would probably let it go to free up the cash, but for somewhere btw 55-60 i would much rather keep and try to put some miles on it.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:23 PM
BTG996T
Intermediate

I checked on some more on autotrader and cars.com, and I have decided to reduce the asking price to $60,000. (changed in original post)

If you are interested in the car, feel free to make me an offer. All serious offers will be considered.

Quick Reply: FS: 2002 996 Turbo 16k Miles Loaded *SOLD*