BTG996T
Intermediate

Price reduction. Check out new listing in members section:

https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale...s-reduced.html
Old 03-04-2009 | 03:59 PM
BTG996T
Intermediate

Default Additional Photos Added

I updated the original post with additional photos. I have no idea how I neglected to include a single front end shot in my first photo shoot.

I am very motivated to sell this beauty to a good home, so make me an offer!
Old 03-16-2009 | 12:22 PM
BTG996T
Intermediate

Default Asking Price Reduced

Asking price is now $55,000. This price seems to be very competitive with comparable listings on autotrader and cars.com.

I would love for this car to go to an enthusiast, and I will entertain serious offers.

Thanks!
Old 04-01-2009 | 03:19 PM
BTG996T
Intermediate

Default Priced to sell

I am reducing the asking price to $52,000 with the hope of a relatively quick sale.

I'd love to get this car sold soon but have not had any interest thus far. This car is worth every penny of this asking price (and more, in my opinion), so if there are any other recommendations for me to help get this car sold, I am open to suggestions. Thanks for the help and interest!
Old 04-01-2009 | 04:00 PM
jr2
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BTG996T
I am reducing the asking price to $52,000 with the hope of a relatively quick sale.

I'd love to get this car sold soon but have not had any interest thus far. This car is worth every penny of this asking price (and more, in my opinion), so if there are any other recommendations for me to help get this car sold, I am open to suggestions. Thanks for the help and interest!
Brent: as you know, you and I are in the minority that loves wood -- many others prefer carbon or leather or worry about the wood cracking.

That said, the lack of any offer at all logically signals that either:

[INDENT](a) there is not a demand for your particular car (many experienced turbo buyers are not willing to pay a premium for low mileage),

[INDENT](b) you have not broadened the marketing to reach the buyers who would be strongly interested (I did not see your car on Autotrader -- perhaps you could even try e-bay or a consignment), and/or

[INDENT](c) the price is too high to generate quick sale interest in today's unsettled market (I suspect that a price well below $50,000 would be needed to really move the car in a "quick sale").

I appreciate a consignment fee or price drop would, based on your comments, likely be unpalatable, based on your expectations. That said (and not knowing your situation or motivations), you will probably need either to hold on and hope the market returns faster than the car depreciates with its continued aging and newer models coming out (including 997s dropping in price), or sell now for less than you want and expect.

In any event, best of luck!

[do you have any interest in swapping for a heavily-optioned arctic silver C4S (47,000 miles) with wood, PSS9, gt3 links, short shifter, nav, supple leater, advanced technic, etc., + some cash?]
Old 04-01-2009 | 11:38 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

I think in this market, with that particular car/options, you're looking at consignment or <50k,~48ish for a quick sale. Might be better to lose a couple of grand more now than come to that conclusion 3 months from now.
gl either way.
Old 04-02-2009 | 09:51 AM
BTG996T
Intermediate

Thanks for the input guys. I have this car listed on Autotrader, Cars.com, in these forums and in the rennlist classifieds. The Autotrader and cars.com listings cover a lot of bases, and about the only major one I haven't done yet is ebay (although that may be coming). Right now my price is in line with blue book value for private party, so I think I'm being as realistic price-wise as I can stomach at the moment. I'm not sure how much of a "low-mileage premium" this is representing at this point. I am very willing to negotiate, but I have to have someone make me an offer first. I might very well let it go for just under $50k, but I don't want to drop my asking price down there and get low-ball offers.

Consignment wouldn't be totally out of the question, but it would have to be just the right situation. If I get to that point, I'd appreciate suggestions for a consignment company.

jr: appreciate the trade offer, but unfortunately the sale of my car is not going towards the purchase of another - it's financing another project I have in the works right now. It's not critical that it gets sold this week or anything, but I'd like to get it moved so I can move on as soon as I can. The money can be better used elsewhere rather than sitting in my garage at this time. The positives? While I have to sacrifice my Porsche for now, I'll have a nice open garage slot for a future 997TT in a couple of years!
Old 04-02-2009 | 10:38 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Blue book doesn't mean anything. It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. The total lack of interest means that your asking price is too high to even get someone willing to make an offer.

If you want to sell it, unfortunately you'll need to lower your price to the point where you start to get offers and negotiate from there.
Old 04-13-2009 | 02:31 PM
BTG996T
Intermediate

Default Need to get this sold

Price reduced to $49,995. This is a helluva lot of car for this price. I would really like to get this sold soon so it can go to a good home!
Old 04-13-2009 | 08:29 PM
raineycd
Racer

Dang dude! That is an awesome car! I sure hope you can sell it soon! That is a steal!
Old 04-13-2009 | 08:45 PM
BTG996T
Intermediate

Originally Posted by raineycd
That is a steal!
That is exactly what I'm thinking - just need to find someone who agrees and is in the market!
Old 04-13-2009 | 10:09 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Put it up on 6speed for that price too, both fs and 996tt boards, a lot of activity.
c
I strongly recommend that you put your car up on 6speed in the auto fs section, two similar 996TTs just sold in relatively short order. If you list your car there at that price it will be gone in a week.
c

Last edited by TT Surgeon; 04-15-2009 at 09:18 AM.
Old 04-18-2009 | 03:48 AM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

Bump for a great price- if I wasn't getting ready to go deploy overseas again soon I'd be all over it. Hopefully for my sake the economy will still be in the crapper when I get back!

FYI- that happens to be my color of choice- I'm suprised to hear its not popular.
Old 05-14-2009 | 04:16 PM
BTG996T
Intermediate

*bump* for the month of May.

Still haven't found a new home for it yet. If no takers by the end of the week I'll look to post it on 6speed.
Old 05-14-2009 | 07:43 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Why not just put it on 6 speed now?

Quick Reply: FS: 2002 996 Turbo 16k Miles Loaded *SOLD*