Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Flash Load ECU tuning to use?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Abakar
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Flash Load ECU tuning to use?

Hi everyone,

Just bought a 2003 996TT and I´m very excited. But does anyone know what flash ECU is the better for this car? I´m new into 996TT, but very old on 944 turbos, and I don´t know which of all the ones outside is the best for this remarcable machine.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 12-14-2008, 11:28 PM
prche951
Intermediate

I think you will find that opinions are like noses, everyone has them. So, you will get many answers to your questions. Having said that "my experience" has only been with one tuner and it has been good. UMW. I cannot give you advice on those that I do not know about.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:39 AM
Kab
Instructor

I'm sure there are several great ECU tuners. When I researched this question, the overall favorite on this site was UMW. I am very pleased with the results and the great service and flexibility for future mods.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:00 AM
Abakar
Track Day

Thanks for your advice guys. But sorry for the ignorance, what is UMW? What about FVD Brombacher Flash Load ECU? is it good?
Old 12-15-2008, 01:18 AM
adam_
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your best choice will be the one that YOUR local mechanic understands and will support.

UMW is Ultimate MotorWorks.

What are your ultimate plans for mods? I recommend deciding on ALL motor mods first, deciding what you will add, then figure out how to acquire them...
Old 12-15-2008, 12:16 PM
jasonfreed
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I've had a GREAT experience with Tony @ EPL
Old 12-15-2008, 01:17 PM
jcb-memphis
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Kevin is tops. Highly recommended (I am very biased, so be adviced of that fact). There are many superb options. Call him and discuss your full goals, budget, etc. He'll only do what he feels is where you want to go...not just 800hp for zillions of dollars.

http://www.ultimatemotorwerks.com/

JB
Old 12-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm another happy UMW customer. FVD did have a special awhile ago where you got a free exhaust with the flash, so that might be a bargain. But you can't go wrong with UMW.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:20 PM
Abakar
Track Day

I'm going to see what UMW have and go from there. You see in my country we DON'T have companies or people who like to play with the software of these cars. And the Porsche dealer here most of the time they don't know what they are doing. (I have seen them blown 2 times the turbos of a Cayenne because not knowing the "factory recall problem that they have". This is why since day 1 I bought my 500+HP 944 turbo I have done all the mods and repairs to the car myself. So far I got for the 996TT the Durameric software and of course the repair and parts manual. I must to have.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:24 PM
Abakar
Track Day

In fact here in Panama there are only 6 996TT and mine in number 7. Is just that the car WILL end up costing a lot of money here ($180k) and people prefer to go with the carreras instead. Yes, I know a turbo IS a turbo but is just how it is here.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:27 PM
adam_
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Abakar
I'm going to see what UMW have and go from there. You see in my country we DON'T have companies or people who like to play with the software of these cars. And the Porsche dealer here most of the time they don't know what they are doing. (I have seen them blown 2 times the turbos of a Cayenne because not knowing the "factory recall problem that they have". This is why since day 1 I bought my 500+HP 944 turbo I have done all the mods and repairs to the car myself. So far I got for the 996TT the Durameric software and of course the repair and parts manual. I must to have.
I think you should contact Kevin at UMW and speak to him directly- the tech support you will get through second and third parties, given that you are doing the work, will be lacking. Tony @ epl might be another choice, with possibly the same level of direct support-

But I would make sure you are personally comfortable with the level of technical support you will get directly from the experts/tuners with whatever vendor you wind up using.

A
Old 12-17-2008, 09:57 PM
Abakar
Track Day

Ok guys the conclusion for this is: bought the sotfware from Kevin, UMW, after speaking with him and knowing all the issues and facts. If you want to gain more HP with his software, HAS to go alone with few of the best exhaust system in the market (Fabspeed, Europipe just to mention 2 of 4 he told me). His software is proven to deliver 435 HP at the rear wheels with stock air filter and stock muffler. So i'll keep you posted of the results.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:56 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 336 Likes on 224 Posts

Enjoyed the conversation

Here is a pump gas file in action.

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turb...-60-130-a.html

Europipe Stage 2
Ultimate Motorwerks Race exhaust
Fabspeed Gen 1 (makes good power)
Techart Race 70mm
Old 12-18-2008, 02:26 PM
slant911
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Kevin is tops. His customer service is second to none.

Quick Reply: What Flash Load ECU tuning to use?