Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Product Release: EPL’s K16/16g Turbo Upgrade Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 07:33 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

I know many dislike this thread, but it actually has this section of Rennlist active for a change. Years ago you could hear a pin drop here...I think everyone can get a little emotional...we love our cars no doubt. I would bet if we all met we'd have a jolly good time together. So no need to come off as "holier than thou" after all this is a form of entertainment I suspect.

Carry on....
Old 03-28-2008, 08:36 PM
MGS996
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 03-28-2008, 09:04 PM
deandob
Intermediate

But keep it constructive and stick to facts....
Old 03-28-2008, 09:37 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 775 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by mikerosi
Oh and BTW Tony has great customer service...
Right...and this following post of his indicates something else...

Please stay on topic if you would like to continue posting in this thread.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:11 PM
DualSpool
Track Day

Originally Posted by Dock
Right...and this following post of his indicates something else...

Quote:
Please stay on topic if you would like to continue posting in this thread.

what does staying on topic have anything to do with Customer Service?
Old 03-28-2008, 10:25 PM
mpclimber
Instructor

If anyone's actually interested how Tony services his actual customers, he's: (i) spent countless hours on the phone with me well after business hours discussing my tuning; (ii) made himself and his shop available to me on a Saturday to get work done; (iii) taken a train down to NY to pick up my car because I was leaving on my honeymoon and jammed for time to drive up, etc.
He's gone above and beyond the call of duty. That's why I'm out here singing his praises and getting reamed for it for no monetary gain. He's really gone out of his way for me, and produced great results, so I feel like I owe it to him.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:25 PM
mpclimber
Instructor

Originally Posted by wross996tt
I would bet if we all met we'd have a jolly good time together.
I'll buy the first round.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:29 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DualSpool
what does staying on topic have anything to do with Customer Service?
Four points...

#1 - The flow if this thread at the point he posted his comment was what I'd consider to be very reasonable with regard to staying on topic.

#2 - Two people were singled out by Tony. Neither of these people (myself included) posted anything other than observations about the flow of the thread.

#3 - His "...if you want to continue posting on this thread..." was totally out of line. This is in my opinion reflective of his true demeanor...one that isn't what I'd consider to be rooted in "customer service", but instead representing one of "attempting to exercise control when things are not going my way".

#4 - Is Tony is an "On Topic" Sheriff? If so, I missed it. And if so he missed the boat in his attempt to be. If he's not the "On Topic" Sheriff, then he shouldn't attempt to be.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:40 PM
DualSpool
Track Day

Four points...

#1 - The flow if this thread at the point he posted his comment was what I'd consider to be very reasonable with regard to staying on topic.

#2 - Two people were singled out by Tony. Neither of these people (myself included) posted anything other than observations about the flow of the thread.

#3 - His "...if you want to continue posting on this thread..." was totally out of line. This is in my opinion reflective of his true demeanor...one that isn't what I'd consider to be rooted in "customer service", but instead representing one of "attempting to exercise control when things are not going my way".

#4 - Is Tony is an "On Topic" Sheriff? If so, I missed it. And if so he missed the boat in his attempt to be. If he's not the "On Topic" Sheriff, then he shouldn't attempt to be.
wait....what??

you and someone else made comments about this being an audi thread...so people who have had experiences with EPL can't give their opinions? Seems they had good things to say about EPL's customer service, first hand experience and not hear say.

so not sure where you're coming up with this "Sheriff" stuff....or how it relates to EPL's customer service.....
Old 03-28-2008, 10:48 PM
TXGold
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Who's the person that did the 16G install? Someone one on the east coast, or was it in LA?
Old 03-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

you and someone else made comments about this being an audi thread...
I did not.

so not sure where you're coming up with this "Sheriff" stuff....or how it relates to EPL's customer service.....
Why would Tony threaten people on this thread?
Old 03-28-2008, 11:13 PM
Tony@epl
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by TXGold
Who's the person that did the 16G install? Someone one on the east coast, or was it in LA?
We have many kits running nation/worldwide...

2 Mikes have posted in this thread so far. One on the east coast and one on the west coast.

We have ~5 kits scheduled for local install and have shipped many other kits as well.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:23 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 174 Likes on 104 Posts

I agree that this was improper to be said to a rennlist member (or user whatever), especially one like you who has been here for almost 7 years now.

He still has has much more etiquette than other tuners on the forums when they "feel" attacked, be it right or wrong, yet their customer service is not questioned. I would not link the two together de facto, but I do see your point and would be upset too if I was in your shoes..

Last edited by Jean; 03-29-2008 at 02:48 AM.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:03 AM
MGS996
Racer

Originally Posted by Tony@epl
We have many kits running nation/worldwide...

2 Mikes have posted in this thread so far. One on the east coast and one on the west coast.

We have ~5 kits scheduled for local install and have shipped many other kits as well.
Excellent work...can we add this to the poll.
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...highlight=poll
Old 03-29-2008, 04:08 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, gotta love those loyal Audi guys.............. funny not even they have actual performance data with their exorbitant EPL dyno readings from max comp wheels cramped/ coupled with puny hotsides. Soon dyno racing will replace drifting as the new mainstream sport.

Now EPL's dyno reads low ? That is a good one, like I have some oceanfront property in Arizona for sale.

The turbos are farmed out/ made by Blouch. Nothing special or groundbreaking there .

Quick Reply: Product Release: EPL’s K16/16g Turbo Upgrade Kit