Sponsored by:

3 MAF's in 6 months HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007 | 09:15 AM
Lewbo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 MAF's in 6 months HELP!!!!!

Yet again I've got the same old PSM & ABS Failure lights coming up Error code is 115 Hot air film MAF - durametric , what could be causing this really annoying recurring problem? I have the Evo V Flow intake and a pair of Forge recirc divertor valves along with a FVD flash. This is the third time I've had this problem, just looking for ideas as it's getting old having to buy a new MAF sensor every month.
Old 11-29-2007 | 10:26 AM
jcb-memphis
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Some would say search...but, I'll just blurt it out. Your EVO CAI is likely the issue. They have a fix (a sock gadget).....but many on this forum and on 6speedonline.com have dumped these units for stock, UMW, or Vivid.... Some people don't get MAF issues with the EVO unit, mind you. Clearly your particular car and unit are likely non-compatible.

It could be a lot of other things (oil off the filter, etc., but many threads have been like this one).

Good luck.

JB
Old 11-29-2007 | 10:27 AM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

Lose the intake...It cost me more MAFs than it's worth.
Old 11-29-2007 | 10:31 AM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had some problems with the EVO lately as well. I'll upgrade to Kevin's sometime in the near future.
Only downside is the price!
Old 11-29-2007 | 02:39 PM
vyper340
Pro

Originally Posted by Lewbo
Yet again I've got the same old PSM & ABS Failure lights coming up Error code is 115 Hot air film MAF - durametric , what could be causing this really annoying recurring problem? I have the Evo V Flow intake and a pair of Forge recirc divertor valves along with a FVD flash. This is the third time I've had this problem, just looking for ideas as it's getting old having to buy a new MAF sensor every month.
Do you have the new version with the MAF filter? If not, EVO will supply you with one at no charge. Email them.
Old 11-29-2007 | 07:07 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Reason # 56 to keep it stock.
Old 11-29-2007 | 09:55 PM
turbolou
Instructor

Default reply

Could it be something not quite right with the programming? Was the programming adjusted to compensate for the increased air flow? Maybe some of the experienced tuners can suggest a fix. Just a thought.
Old 11-30-2007 | 11:15 AM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

it's coincidental.
Old 11-30-2007 | 11:32 AM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

your answered yourself in the question...............Evo intake.

I am running the Vivid this weekend at Daytona let you know if I have the same problems..hope not. their design seems improved (at least I think Oak, but it is yellow!!)

Last edited by tkerrmd; 12-05-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Old 12-02-2007 | 07:48 AM
Lewbo
Intermediate

Default MAF Problem

Yeh, I will put the entire intake system back to standard, just a bit pissed off that this crap Evo intake has cost me around 1000 bucks to buy and a further 1000 in new MAFs all for nothing, also I cant see the difference with the Evo and the vivid it's still a intake box with a cone filter attached to the MAF housing. About to order new MAF NUMBER 4! FANTASTIC!!!!!!. Thanks for the input guys.
Old 12-02-2007 | 01:30 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 341 Likes on 227 Posts

Make sure that you get the correct Bosch MAF..
Old 12-02-2007 | 01:36 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was going to buy one from another Rennlister, but in doing some research I ran across threads like this one and it didn't seem sensible to invoked the gremlin gods for no really good reason. The OEM on works just fine....i hit 1 bar routinely...and periodically even 1.1 while using the OEM filter....and it didnt' cost me anything except the price of the car. Sometimes the old addage ....If it works dont' fix it ....makes sense.
Old 12-02-2007 | 05:09 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Yeh, I will put the entire intake system back to standard, just a bit pissed off that this crap Evo intake has cost me around 1000 bucks to buy and a further 1000 in new MAFs all for nothing, also I cant see the difference with the Evo and the vivid it's still a intake box with a cone filter attached to the MAF housing. About to order new MAF NUMBER 4! FANTASTIC!!!!!!. Thanks for the input guys.
From what I "understand" and that may be limited, the Vivid box is different in that they added a screen before the MAF like the factories to keep laminar flow better, and the EVO box does not.
Like I said seemed safe enough to try again, believe me if it sucks or is great you guys will hear about it. Daytona in 4 days!!!! Will run this intake hard for 3 days at Daytona. Then 2 days at Sebring in 2 weeks, that should be a good shake down!!
Old 12-02-2007 | 09:04 PM
vyper340
Pro

Originally Posted by tkerrmd
From what I "understand" and that may be limited, the Vivid box is different in that they added a screen before the MAF like the factories to keep laminar flow better, and the EVO box does not.
Like I said seemed safe enough to try again, believe me if it sucks or is great you guys will hear about it. Daytona in 4 days!!!! Will run this intake hard for 3 days at Daytona. Then 2 days at Sebring in 2 weeks, that should be a good shake down!!
EVO's latest generation does have it according to PorschePHD therefore I bought one and waiting to install. EVO will send a replacement venturi with the new screen to protect MAF's. Contact them.
Old 12-02-2007 | 11:54 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vyper340
EVO's latest generation does have it according to PorschePHD therefore I bought one and waiting to install. EVO will send a replacement venturi with the new screen to protect MAF's. Contact them.
Thanks did not know that. Let us know how it goes hope they may have solved a potential problem.
The thing I liked about Vivid was they would replace your MAF for free if you blew it due to their box (not sure how you prove it!)

Quick Reply: 3 MAF's in 6 months HELP!!!!!