Sponsored by:

Got my car chipped

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 05:14 PM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Change of mind

Now I REALLY am going to sound like an idiot, but I just called Upsolute and asked him to halt implementation.
In communication w/ Kevin, he, if nothing else certainly sounds convincing and appreciate the responsiveness between our PM exchanges.
I'm going to call him directly as well as speak to a few of his offered references. I agree, w/ a $150K car, I'm not sure I want to cut corners and simply want the legitimate best.
I've always had hesitation w/ Upsolute because my local rep admitted he's never upgraded an '05 TTS and that makes me nervous. Coupled w/ Kevin's representations and conviction in his product, I'm recalling my ECU and taking a step back to re-investigate.
Will keep you all posted.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:30 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

You are welcome to pm me for my opinion. I went from GIAC to UMW last year.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:25 PM
rbcsaver
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll just mention some points for thought and discussion. I have yet to change anything on my '02 X50.
I have followed (search the archives) over the last few years some of Kevin's very impressive Turbo and Motor work. His ECU reprograming access/ability is new to me. The archives also have ton's of posts about other owner's experiences with different ECU upgrades. I would recommend lots of research and questions, regardless of whom you use. The thing that doesn't make any sense to me is that an OBD port flash process costs more than removing and soldering chips. Imagine Microsoft charging $200 for a Windows "download" upgrade, vs a "new" hard drive with the upgrades for $50. Neither makes any sense (or cents) to me.
regards,
Steve
Old 01-21-2007, 01:29 AM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

I think you have to consider the R&D that goes into development of a system that will flash through the port. Also the convenience of being able to do the flash so quickly with so many options...stock, boost, vaalet, turbo break-in, race...you name it...all fom a programmer the size of a cell phone. But hte price for the change in performance is...rather reasonable!

Quick Reply: Got my car chipped