Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by TB993tt
Kevin, you even beat my "personal best"
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ht=weltmiester
Yes TB, remind everyone that I am the bad guy

Great curve, I think that is what is more important than the peak numbers themselves, after all, everything is relative in life, chassis dyno vs chassis dyno run, they are all comparable.

Great value for money, you should be very happy with it, even with the, most likely, real 750 NM torque that you might have

Thanks for posting so much info about your setup, an example to follow.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:20 PM
KPG
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jean
Yes TB, remind everyone that I am the bad guy

Great curve, I think that is what is more important than the peak numbers themselves, after all, everything is relative in life, chassis dyno vs chassis dyno run, they are all comparable.

Great value for money, you should be very happy with it, even with the, most likely, real 750 NM torque that you might have

Thanks for posting so much info about your setup, an example to follow.
Jean, thanks... I believe that was a thinly veiled compliment . Yes, you have made the larger point. Value. This is still an entry level kit from Ultimate's product list, albeit one that has been tweaked and massaged extensively. What do I think of the numbers... well, they are good and I think most would agree given the many timeslips and GPS runs I have posted point to a cumulative picture of a very strong package for the money. I agree the curve speaks volumes even without the numbers. Have you and TB, during your extensive rantings about inflated dynos in the US ever consider these 2 points:
1 Maybe our dynos are correct and your cars just aint that strong- this is America, we can Supersize at will. 2: It would be cheaper just to ship your car over here, dyno it, and go home with an extra 200HP- rather than spending all that money upgrading your air coolers Kevin
Old 10-23-2006, 08:24 PM
KPG
Pro

Originally Posted by Dock
For comparison, the only EVO stage 4 dyno I have shows your program and the EVO program are close in average torque...yours having better low end average and the EVO having better high end average. Just looking at markers each 500 rpm starting at 2500-6500, the two dynos show the average is within about 8 lb-ft of each other.
Dock, since you are in the GIAC family... you would be well served upgrading to a Stg4 when and if you choose to upgrade.Kevin
Old 10-23-2006, 08:26 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 311 Likes on 217 Posts

Kevin, Congrats...

Nice numbers.. BTW you should have your Pocket loader with the Drag file loaded by 10:30 tomorrow.. Start fueling your tank with 100 octane..

Can you mount a video camera for a few runs??
Old 10-23-2006, 08:37 PM
KPG
Pro

Originally Posted by Kevin
Kevin, Congrats...

Nice numbers.. BTW you should have your Pocket loader with the Drag file loaded by 10:30 tomorrow.. Start fueling your tank with 100 octane..

Can you mount a video camera for a few runs??
I have 104 nearby just to be on the safe side. I will try to get a video next time..... still cannot believe there is more to come. Did you write that file just so TB wouldnt sleep for a week? Kevin
Old 10-23-2006, 08:49 PM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Awesome numbers Kevin. I am not surprised.

Last edited by 9Eleven; 10-23-2006 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:56 PM
KPG
Pro

Originally Posted by 9Eleven
Awesome numbers Kevin. I am not suprised.
Thanks, I cant wait to see some more data from your GT2... I have a feeling it will be quite impressive. Kevin
Old 10-23-2006, 09:10 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by KPG
Dock, since you are in the GIAC family... you would be well served upgrading to a Stg4 when and if you choose to upgrade.Kevin
Your UMW tuning and EVO's stage 4 both make good power. The two big questions for people trying to decide between them are: 1) Where do they want the power in the rpm range, and 2) How much do they want to spend.

One of the biggest things I get out of your dyno numbers is that Kevin builds the best turbos in the world.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:28 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KPG
This is still an entry level kit from Ultimate's product list, albeit one that has been tweaked and massaged extensively.
The programming is still Sportec isn't it? Does Kevin actually go into the Sportec program and tweak the zeros and ones, or is this a program Kevin has written from the ground up?
Old 10-23-2006, 09:40 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

probably tweaked by guenther.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:50 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 311 Likes on 217 Posts

Dock, the programming is not Sportec.. However, I have had "help" (which I am am forever grateful of your help!!!) ... This program has been perfected to the state that we see today.. This latest version is running my billet wastegate kit. If you couple the wastegate kit with the Zero Clearance turbocharger option, we see the ton of torque under the curve. The heart of this kit is having all the components blending together. And with the basic Stage 2 kit costing only $5,895.00 (turbochargers and programming) that's alot of bang for the buck.. With Kevin receiving his drag file tomorrow, we should have a 2nd chapter..
Old 10-23-2006, 09:51 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

How was the 3750 pound weight of your car calculated?
Old 10-23-2006, 10:14 PM
KPG
Pro

How was the 3750 pound weight of your car calculated?
The weight is a number the tech put in from EPA files on the car... do not know why. Go over to 6speed and ask him. He posted and is his name is Rico930 . Kevin
Old 10-23-2006, 10:19 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kevin
This latest version is running my billet wastegate kit. If you couple the wastegate kit with the Zero Clearance turbocharger option, we see the ton of torque under the curve.
I don't doubt that your wastegate kit and ZC turbos are a big (THE big) reason for the improved early rpm torque improvement. Do I remember you saying earlier this year that the addition of these components to a GIAC based stage 2 program would yield EVO/IA stage 4 performance?
Old 10-23-2006, 10:20 PM
KPG
Pro

One of the biggest things I get out of your dyno numbers is that Kevin builds the best turbos in the world.
We agree. Kevin

Quick Reply: Dyno Numbers Are In : A Lesson In Power Under The Curve