Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4.2 and 4.6L engine upgrade for 996 soon!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2002, 10:31 AM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post 4.2 and 4.6L engine upgrade for 996 soon!

soon to be available. The engine has already completed a 7 hours FULL run on a dyno. These engines are build
for racing and they should last a 24 hours race. The first engine (the one that runs on the dyno) will be installed
in a GT3 Supercup car and will be available for testing at the new Formula one GP track at Hockenheim. Serious
buyers can test the car. A comparison between the actual GT3 Supercup and the one with the new engine, will be
made so everybody can easily see how powerful the new engine really is.

As soon as the other two partners sign the contract for the cooperation the test will be arranged with a full Pro
driver from the Porsche Supercup.

We plan to sell the engine with the car together since usually only racers are interested in so much power but if
there is enough demand we will also offer a street version for this engine for the street.

Konstantin
Old 06-24-2002, 12:36 PM
HBdirtbag
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
sounds like a pretty sick upgrade
Old 06-24-2002, 02:10 PM
Jon-D
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A 4.6L flat six GT3

You must post dyno results!
Old 06-24-2002, 05:45 PM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

the engine dyno (not a cheap drum dyno) showed 100 NM more Torque than the GT3 RS engine that raced in Le Mans.

Konstantin
Old 06-24-2002, 08:00 PM
FixedWing
Burning Brakes

Konstantin,

Is the engine bored or stroked?

Do you think that it could be made reliable at that power on the street? It is one thing to build a race engine to go 24 hours and another to build an engine to go 100,000 miles.

I would have thought that there would have been more demand for this mod on the street than on the race track.

S.
Old 06-24-2002, 09:14 PM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

[quote]Originally posted by FixedWing:
<strong>Konstantin,

Is the engine bored or stroked?

S.</strong><hr></blockquote>

you understand that I am not alowed to tell this till the presentation on the track is ready.

Even a 944 a 968 and a c4 last a 24 hours non stop full run cruising at full speed at Nardo (south Italy) Check the old Porsche records to see that these cars last and the average speed was higher than the Le Mans speed.
However it is much more dificult to brake and accelarate all the time than just cruising at high speed.

This is what kills the car not the high speed.

Be sure that this kind of engine would last for years at the street but will brake after some heavy laps on a good track.

A good race engine will last at the track AND at the street.
Be sure that this engine is made on a basis of a developed GT3 engine which is not the same as the cheap made 996 engine. take a look at the price for a GT3 engine and for a stock 996 engine and you will notice the difference.
Our engine is an improved cup engine that is stronger than the GT3 engine that is MUCH stronger than the street 996 engine.

It can be instaled in any car street or race car but i think that the guys who have a cheap 996 engine would NOT want to pay a lot for a good powerfull engine.
In racing is different. You want the best of the best.
Of course there are some exceptions here as CJV who also wants the best of the best in his street car but I think there are not many like him that are so enthousiastic about high Power on a street car and are willing to pay for quality.
If some of you want to have such an engine this is not a problem but the first engines will sell to serius racers together with a cup car of the latest stand 2002.

Maybe I am wrong and also many other street "racers" want such an engine. We will see.

It is possible for a street car and will last your whole life. Be sure for that.

Konstantin
Old 06-25-2002, 01:58 AM
FixedWing
Burning Brakes

Constantine,

Why is it that your posts always seem like little teases? Would it be a misrepresentation to say that you are fishing for business??

I ask you if your new engine is bored or stroked -- the most basic of technical information -- and you tell me that you cannot answer me until presentation day. Well, if you cannot tell us even that then what are you doing here? At the very least, don't you think you should hold off on your posting until you have something interesting to say?

S.
Old 06-25-2002, 11:39 AM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

@ fixed wing

If this is not interesting enough for you please do not read this!

a) I can not tell you more spec on the engine.
b) I am not allowed to tell you more!
c) It is not ONLY my engine! I have to respect the other partners and they do not want to give more info's out before everything is ready, the car is tested on the track and the results are ready.

Is it so difficult to understand this?

when everything is ready and you are still interested you can get every info you want. Till then you have to wait like everybody else and there is no exception on this.

This is just an info in case someone is interest for such an update, this will be available. No data on teh engien, no price calculations nothing else is ready. the only thing is ready is the engine and we just bought the cup car to put the engine in. (we will not put the engine in our race car as we need them for racing till September)

I hope I was clear enough and next time be kind enough and sent me a personal mail if you have such questions intestead to post in this rude way to the public. This would be more politely.

Konstantin
Old 06-25-2002, 12:34 PM
FixedWing
Burning Brakes

[quote]Originally posted by Konstantin:
<strong>... post in this rude way to the public.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Konstantin,

I don't accept that I'm being rude. Quite the opposite. All I'm saying is that over a period of time I've noted that your posts tend to be soliciting for business.

It is far too simplistic to just say 'if you don't like it, don't read it'. Well, for one thing, I am not able to unread things. How can I be sure that your post is empty until I have read it?

I accept that you are precluded from talking about your modification. Business is business. I don't say that you shouldn't be here. All I'm simply saying is that if you cannot speak about it then you need to wait until you can speak and do have something to say. IMHO, it is simply not acceptable to come here with a tease looking to drum up business if you are unwilling to also share information.

There have been some recent guidelines on this board which I interpret as agreeing with the above but I don't run this board so this is just my personal opinion.

S.
Old 06-25-2002, 06:04 PM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

why don't you say straight what do you want from me?

I think since you are native speaker you can "play" with the words to you advantage. I can not do that and i do NOT wnat to do that.

So ask straight what do you want. If you just want infos on the engine you must wait like all others if there is anything else just ask. I am for years on this list and the older one and on the second older one and I always share what i know. I am not the type of Person that just ask and never help others.

If you do not want to post your question to the public sent me a personal email as others already did but do not tell me thousand of reasons that are not true.
So go ahead and let me know what you want to know instead playing with words.

I think you already responded to your own questions with your last post to the board.

I am here to share my passion for Porsche cars with others. You can not tell me when to post something and how much to post. this is my decission! Maybe I am right maybe I am wrong. You can polite advise me to my mistakes but you can not expect to get everything for free and because you didn't got the infos you want you attack me, telling me I am looking for bussines or what ever. Even If I didn't exactly understood what do you wanted to say, I don't think it was something good for me. (Please somebody correct me if I understood this wrong)

Konstantin
Old 06-25-2002, 08:21 PM
FixedWing
Burning Brakes

Konstantin,

Sorry, I didn't mean to upset you like this.

Look at it from my perspective. You tell me that there is this great new engine thing out there. I enquire and you tell me that this is all you can say. Well, it is just like my meeting this wonderful girl only to be told that ... well you get the point.

Anyway, just come back and tell us about it once you can actually tell us about it. That's enough.

S.
Old 06-25-2002, 11:13 PM
bxtrgt
Instructor

Sounds to me like the inevitable has come. The Cayenne V8 in the 996 chassis. Thats fantastic. I hope they will handle as well as the old 6cyl version. How soon can we expect it to be mittlemotor?
Old 06-25-2002, 11:20 PM
bxtrgt
Instructor

By the way, thanks Konstantin! I have enjoyed the bits of information you have brought to the board. I look foreward to reading your posts. Please keep us informed, even the teasers are fun to read about. I really expect the V8s to be used in the 996's, it's just a matter of time.
Old 06-26-2002, 10:08 AM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

[quote]Originally posted by FixedWing:
<strong>Konstantin,

Sorry, I didn't mean to upset you like this.

Well, it is just like my meeting this wonderful girl only to be told that ... well you get the point.
S.</strong><hr></blockquote>

@ FixedWing

you have email.

Konstantin
Old 06-26-2002, 10:28 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

[quote]Originally posted by bxtrgt:
<strong>Sounds to me like the inevitable has come. The Cayenne V8 in the 996 chassis. Thats fantastic. I hope they will handle as well as the old 6cyl version. How soon can we expect it to be mittlemotor?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Who said it would be an 8 cylinder?
I thought it was still a flat 6...??

BTW @ the size of the cayenne's brakes...6 piston 18" diameter front rotors, 17" diameter rear rotors. I wonder what that will look like...

Quick Reply: 4.2 and 4.6L engine upgrade for 996 soon!