Sponsored by:

What do you do for a living?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 02:20 AM
Dirk Tanner
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's pretty damned FUNNY!

Say, did you install the blower on that Suburban?

I ran a blower on my old Grand Cherokee V8 - Vortech, Crane ign computer w/ manual retard adj (for dialing-in octane), second HP fuel pump, K&N intake, etc, threw on a Borla cat-back, a shift kit, Bilsteins, yada yada...). Looked like any Grand Chunky, went like stink. No intercooler, though, and should've had one.

The installation manual said "allow the entire weekend to install. Step 1: move crankshaft to TDC on #1, then punch a big hole *here* in your oil pan, grease the flutes on your 3/8 tap to catch the shavings (wife says "where did all my bread pans go?" I say "I've been practicing!"), install oil return line fitting...it got worse. One WEEK later (and some custom fab for some brackets from an old sheet of aluminum I had laying around), and she's a puring!

OK, off topic, gotta go before they find out that I don't even have a turbo (oops did I say that out loud?)

-DT
Old 06-12-2003, 03:19 PM
nyturbo
Advanced

Root Canal
Old 06-12-2003, 04:53 PM
sporters78
Instructor

retired at 40 years old from a clothing business, moved to Florida[no jokes please] and i am enjoying life
Old 06-12-2003, 11:33 PM
Zippy
Addict
Rennlist Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Dirk Tanner:
<strong>That's pretty damned FUNNY!

Say, did you install the blower on that Suburban?

-DT</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Dirk - I had the dealership do the installation. I just came up with the ideas: like putting on a 12 PSI pulley and a water/methanol injection kit. They did all the hard work.

Mike

Quick Reply: What do you do for a living?