Sponsored by:

Curent wait time on new order?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2001, 12:49 PM
JDH3
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Curent wait time on new order?

If I were to go down to a dealer today and reserve a spot for a turbo how long is the wait? 2 years 3years 4 years ???

Thanks
JD
00' C4
Old 06-20-2001, 01:06 PM
Ran
Rennlist Member

I would guess that it takes about a year if you place your order today (depending on stock markets more than anything since I suspect that Porsche weighs heavily on that factor when they make production decisions - just my guess on how they forecast turbo demand). Your outer limit guess of 4 years will probably materialise only if you are looking for the next generation of the turbo which may be later than that though.

Best of luck
Old 06-20-2001, 07:35 PM
Mike Schuster
AutoX

I called about twenty dealers last week. Most say 1 to 2 years, a couple 6 to 9 months, all under the assumption that factory allocations are not changed significantly. Dealers in CA and NY had 2001 cars in stock, some new, some used.
Old 06-21-2001, 01:41 PM
ENK1
7th Gear

Smile

JDH3 -

In case you're interested, I have a 2001 Twin-Turbo for sale, Silver/Graphite Gray leather, 200 miles, one month old, full Warranty. Perfect, new condition. E-Mail me.

Ed
Old 06-24-2001, 11:18 PM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts
The length of the wait list appears to be directly proportional to the price you're willing to pay over list. The dealers take your order and say you're on the list, but if a subsequent customer comes in willing to pay more, you get bumped down. How can you tell where you are on the list? Does the dealer account for how many cars he has delivered? Until supply saturates demand, the correct answer appears to be 1-2 years at list price. But, if you're willing to go 10K over, it's probably 3 months.
Old 06-26-2001, 09:01 PM
Kelvin
AutoX

It's not as scientific as you think Alexander.. The market is purely supply and demand and with the stock market performing like it did over the last 2 years, I won't be surprised that the waiting time is shortened. Many people cancelled their orders for turbos... I was called up by 2 dealers because they had cancelled orders and they had to sell the turbo off at MSRP. I just took delivery of my black/black turbo 4 days ago..and my dealer's (very high volume dealer) wait time now is only 6 months. They sell the cars at MSRP only..
Old 06-30-2001, 11:10 PM
doody
Advanced

you can be driving your car in a week. there are plenty of new TTs out there to be bought. it might cost you a tad over MSRP, but life is awfully short. i picked mine up for only a few grand over. totally worth it.

ymmv.
doody.
Old 07-01-2001, 10:52 PM
gtdrei
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Right you are, Last week, after being told that my order was pushed out 3 more months because of decreased alocation for Sept-Dec, I surrendered and found a loaded TT for $3000 over MSRP (90 miles) It's on a truck, and I'll be driving it in a few days. Anyone want to buy a Jan 2002 position, send me mail.

Robin

Quick Reply: Curent wait time on new order?